Serafina's Saga [Romance, Drama, Adventure] [GxB][GxG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

Re: Serafina's Saga [Romance, Drama, Adventure] [GxB][GxG]

#31 Post by yundun63 »

Downloading it right now, can't wait! I'll post a review when I'm finished.

yundun63

#32 Post by yundun63 »

Quick complaint/error: I'm at the scene between Arken and Xavier in front of the keep while X asks why Vivian chose Arken and calls him pond scum. In the box it says "You miserable pondscum. You seduced her. You won her affection. You made her believe you cared about more than the key."
1: 'pond scum' has a space
2: The last sentence is missing a couple of words; did you mean to say "You made her believe you cared about HER more than the key."?
Loving the game, that's the only thing I've noticed now. Great artwork by the way. :)

yundun63

#33 Post by yundun63 »

Wow. That's all I can say, wow.

I really liked it, it took me a couple hours to finish it and it absolutely overflowed with detail and excitement

Art: 5/5. Excellent; the style was clean cut and pretty.

Music: 5/5 Fit the mood very well.

Characters: 3/5 I LOVED Serafina but I had trouble identifying with some of the other characters. I mean I liked them but I felt like a lot of them did not reach their full potential. I would have loved to get to know the characters better; Xavier and Argen particularly. I think it would have been nice if we had the chance to spend more time with the potential love interests.

Plot (different from story; how you organized it): 4/5 Good, it read like a novel but I feel that it could have been edited to flow between scenes a bit better, particularly between the final chapter and the epilogue.

Story: 5/5 One of the most developed and well thought-out otome/visual novels I have ever read. As I said before, it read like a novel.

Interface/Controls: 3/5 I found some of the menu buttons hard to use, the 'help' was nice but I found myself having to spend a fair amount of time learning them. I would also disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a gallery of all the pictures (forgive me, if I am wrong, if I am please tell me how to access it)

Editing/Flow: 4/5 It was pretty good but there were some mistakes. However I found no bugs or anything that greatly affected game play.

Overall: 4.5/5 Great job! I really liked this game and I look forward to seeing your next project!

Sharane
Regular

#34 Post by Sharane »

I like the style drawing, it´s amazing :) You can tell the characteristic of the characters according their looks.
The first time I played the game, I wasn´t sure who I should choose and it ended with Reuben but I think I like his ending the most.
Though I have to say I must laugh as Nikolaos appeared in Serafina´s room without the T-shirt :D

Writer16
Regular
Projects: Shades (GXB/Romance/Short/Silly/Freeware)
Tumblr: my-allisondiamond-world
Deviantart: allisondiamond1

#35 Post by Writer16 »

This was a very exciting and thrilling games. The characters were portrayed beautifully, and the pace was at a normal rate. The art was amazing. All in one, I enjoyed it. Sorry for not a more detailed review.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#36 Post by ririruetoo »

I really enjoyed the game, the writing was engaging the characters were well fleshed out. Even though I haven't gotten Jezu's ending yet, my favorite route so far has to be be Reuben. Compared to Nikolaos', his developed at more natural pace and his relationship with Sera felt very real ( plus he was featured in a few more scenes than Nikolaos.)
Although I am sad there isn't a route for Kallis. Yes, yes I know he's a terrible king and he's caused lots of problems, but I wish there was an ending were he could have least come to terms with the main reason ( or at least I think is the main reason) for his dependency on gold:
the death of his wife and child
which causes that really damaging coping mechanism, and perhaps with Sera's help change his life for the better. I really think you should touch more on it if you ever make a sequel, or write a follow up story. Its very depressing to think of him
alone on a island with nothing but gold for company
ImageImageImage

Hachiko
Regular

#37 Post by Hachiko »

@Ririruetoo
Actually, there IS a route for Kallias. IIRC, you can get him if
you absolutely do NOT find anyone for help in the last section of the game.
Also, about the sketch, sorry but my sister still needs the camera for her school's activity. :( But I can probably upload my fan art in the next couple of days!

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#38 Post by ririruetoo »

Oh, that's great then. :D I will go finish playing now...
ImageImageImage

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#39 Post by storykween »

Thanks so much for the ongoing feedback!

@yundun63: Thanks for the detailed review! On the one hand I want to say "sorry" that you thought not enough time was spent with the supporting characters; but on the other hand, the fact that you want to spend more time with them means I did something right :wink: Anyway, you make a good point; this being my first visual novel/interactive script, I think the energy I would usually devote to writing more scenes with each character got drained by the need to write several versions of each conversation. My ability to balance the two is something I will work hard to improve upon.

@Writer16 and Sharane: I've been frustrated with my art lately, so it's always encouraging to hear that people enjoyed my artwork in this. Thank you :D

@ririruetoo: You interpreted Kallias's character correctly! It's assuring to know that--even though I didn't give him much screen time--the nature of his personality could still be translated. And as Hachiko pointed out, there is a possible ending with him :mrgreen:
My website: woodsy-studio.com

Hachiko
Regular

#40 Post by Hachiko »

Sorry for the late reply, but here it is! (yeah pretty much just a 'copy', and the hands looked wrong ugh... ><!!!)

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

#41 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Fantasy games are really hard to come by so when I saw this I was really happy. The game was well flowed out and had a good plot. My only problem with it is that the romance could've been a touch better. It kind of felt that Serafine just married in order to save the kingdom, which is fine but there also has to be love in the marriage. The art though was nicely done and I kind of thought it had some realism to it. Will there be a sequel?

Nekobiker
Regular

#42 Post by Nekobiker »

Just finished playing, and I really liked it! The characters are all attractive in their own way. Although we don't get to know a lot about them, the game definitely succeeds in giving them all a distinct personality. The art style is very expressive and appeals a lot to me. Making wholesome art, writing and music all by yourself is really impressive, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

My only real complaint:
Xavier isn't a very scary villain. He only appears briefly in the end and gets defeated like a baby. Despite all the tension the story attempts to create around him, he never feels like a big threat. Or maybe that's only in the route I got?

shanshine

#43 Post by shanshine »

Hi, I've been wanting to download and play this game because it looks really good. However, despite repeated downloads, I keep getting a popup that says that the zipped file doesn't appear to be a valid archive after I've downloaded the file.

Anyone else has that problem and a solution to this?

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#44 Post by storykween »

@Hachiko: Thanks for the drawing :) Yeah, hands are always such a pain to draw, eh?? And yet they can be so beautiful when done right...

@Nekobiker: I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yes, I wish I'd had more energy at the time to develop Xavier's role a bit further...

@shanshine: I'm sorry you're having this problem! I'm not sure how to fix it, except are you making sure to extract all the files from the zipped file--and putting them in a permanent location--before you try to play it?
My website: woodsy-studio.com

AngelicReckoning
Projects: Shining Light

#45 Post by AngelicReckoning »

I have to say, the art was really what drew me in to wanting to try this game. I loved all their different expressions. I just finished my first play through, and I ended it with Reuben. I felt like you had a really good balance between the humor and seriousness of the game's story, and the characters each had a trait that was interesting. It was fun to play. I'm going to try the other routes.

One thing I could think of to point out were Xavier wasn't all too scary, and it seemed like he was supposed to be. He seemed more weary of what he had to do. The only other thing was that there was a lot hinted at in the game, but not much of it seemed to be revealed. Was that on purpose?
deviantart: link