The Buried Moon [Horror] [Point and Click]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ReeReen
Organization: Temporarily looking :)

Re: The Buried Moon [Horror] [Point and Click]

#16 Post by ReeReen »

I like the art style, I'll definitely give this game a go~

scorlight
Regular

#17 Post by scorlight »

How many endings are there? Is there any romantic endings with Khir?
Artist for rent, see my art here: http://scorlight.deviantart.com/gallery/

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#18 Post by leon »

There are three endings, good, bad and best-possible-ending. No romantic endings (it's not one of those get-into-pants-of-everyone-that-has-a-sprite VNs).

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#19 Post by Googaboga »

I played this game not long after it came out and I really enjoyed it.
I really thought the monsters were aliens at first XD. I like the Dark Spirit angle a lot more though. And to be honest I was suspicious of all the characters at the beginning. Each of them (besides the MC) seemed like they could be up to no good. But I'm glad they turned out to be nice and basically got along with each other :3.

It was very clever how you worked replaying the game to get a better ending into the actual plot. It played out very nicely since I got the Bad End, Good End, and then the Best End all order. I'm not sure if it always goes like that but I'm glad it did when I played through the game. It was nice to have things go wrong and then get better before having everything work out as best as it could.
There were a lot of nice touches to the game that I'm impressed you were able to work in with such little time. Like adding a little click noise when you selected an option. And I love the extra section with the music room, character gallery, concept art, etc. It always makes me happy when a game includes features like that.
I haven't figured out how to get Teto's sprite in the Character Gallery though ;u;

And of course the art/designs of this game are just fantastic. I'd love to see this style in more games.

Anyways this is a very nice game especially considering the circumstances.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#20 Post by leon »

Googaboga wrote: I haven't figured out how to get Teto's sprite in the Character Gallery though ;u;
Oops, forgot to add him. :? Thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed now.

buttdumpling
Regular
Projects: Dämmerung

#21 Post by buttdumpling »

oh man this game was really neat! I liked the art a lot & also the way the good/bad ending came out, and the text box & cursor were both pretty~
(also khir was a babe wowie >//<)
the only downside was that Chi's pose was kind of awkward as a constant.

Maverynthia
Regular

#22 Post by Maverynthia »

I can't seem to get the best ending, even after playing it through a few times. Is there a guide somewhere? I kinda feel the game is broken because there's the extra options but.. they all still lead to the not great end.
Like even after Teto is alright, he's still said to be dead at the end even though we don't go through the "Here's his mask" text.
Also, I got multiple game overs as I didn't know this was also a "hidden object" game. All I saw was two items listed and I thought they were choices. Maybe prompt that you are to find the objects in the background somewhere. Another thing, that hay didn't look a thing like hay. I just got lucky random clicking for it. Maybe make it more obviously hay-like.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#23 Post by Googaboga »

Well when I got the best ending these were the choices I made:
-Read it
-Don't forget
-Dive Tackle Him

But before I got that ending I had gotten an ending where Teto died/Khir died and one where everyone lived but Khir was badly injured (I may have gotten another ending as well but I can't remember for sure). So you may have to go through some of those endings before Rattia is able to find a way to get the best ending.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices