The Madness [Psychological Horror / Puzzle]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

Re: The Madness [Psychological Horror / Puzzle]

#31 Post by frederic09 »

And I've uploaded the part 1 !

Here's the link : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3HboX4IGJKyFt4Opju
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Muzozavr
Regular

#32 Post by Muzozavr »

Where's the commentary? It seems as if you played with commentary in mind, giving appropriate pauses to be able to say something, but the commentary isn't there, only the in-game audio... at least in the first five minutes which I actually watched.

Or is it just a "playthrough" recording and the commentary wasn't there in the first place?

frederic09
Regular

#33 Post by frederic09 »

Muzozavr wrote:Or is it just a "playthrough" recording and the commentary wasn't there in the first place?
Good question indeed. I hesitated a lot, but i started as a "blind" playthrough of the game, with no commentary.

First, i didn't had any microphone, but now that i have one, i think i'll add my comments.

Should it be in english with my awful accent ? Or in french but you don't understand ? I might do the two versions :D

And it's true, it could have been a recording bug xD

Anyway, i have a solution to fix the commentary problem for the 2 first parts (there will be no click mouse or keyboard sounds, but it doesn't matter :D), and when it will be done, i will release them as new videos on my youtube account.

edit : the microphone doesn't work. I'll stick with the no commentary mode until the end.

edit 2 : omg i used the rewind button. the new area is so... so gloomy that i had to do a break :D

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#34 Post by Greeny »

frederic09 wrote:edit : the microphone doesn't work. I'll stick with the no commentary mode until the end.
But... but the cries of horror and agony are the best part!! :lol:
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Helianthus
Regular
Completed: Being Beauteous, Ambre, HVNCML, Garden of Oblivion, Wounded by Words
Projects: Chronotopia, Khzi and the Cursed Stone
Organization: Träumendes Mädchen
Tumblr: TraumendesMadchen

#35 Post by Helianthus »

Well, since we’re all here to suffer, is anybody up for an exchange of informations :twisted: ?

I solved the puzzle related to the dates/stars and forwarded the one related to the paintings. But I’m missing one lock and I don’t even understand where/what the third puzzle is (if it’s here at all). :oops:

If someone knows what is related to the third puzzle or if I’m compelled to go to hell to continue the game, it’d be much appreciated. In exchange (or even if you don't know, I'm not that self-interested :) ), I can give you hints about the dates/stars puzzle or describe how I solved it.

frederic09
Regular

#36 Post by frederic09 »

Part 2 is online (link : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16ctf ... videogames). Today i'll do the 4th part, and after i'll convert them to make me ready to be uploaded.
Greeny wrote:
frederic09 wrote:edit : the microphone doesn't work. I'll stick with the no commentary mode until the end.
But... but the cries of horror and agony are the best part!! :lol:
i know... right ? But when i'll have time to find one which work, i'll have to test, adjust the setting, and by that time, i would have probably done 30 or 40 parts.

I will do it for your next game, i promise.
Helianthus wrote:Well, since we’re all here to suffer, is anybody up for an exchange of informations :twisted: ?

I solved the puzzle related to the dates/stars and forwarded the one related to the paintings. But I’m missing one lock and I don’t even understand where/what the third puzzle is (if it’s here at all). :oops:

If someone knows what is related to the third puzzle or if I’m compelled to go to hell to continue the game, it’d be much appreciated. In exchange (or even if you don't know, I'm not that self-interested :) ), I can give you hints about the dates/stars puzzle or describe how I solved it.
Wow nice ! I was trying to slove the painting puzzle, with no success. So about the stars/dates, could you sent me a pm with an hint ? I'll try to give some stuff i think I found about the paintings. But since i'm not sure i don't want to give you false information ;)

edit @9:55PM GMT+1 : i'm going crazy !!! i'm completely lost in the "rewind world" ! I don't know what to do, i don't know what to do. I'm going crazy, the music is stressful, i don't know what to do, i try to die over and over again, but i am caged in this world. I tried to brute-force one puzzle, but it doesn't work. I don't know what to do, what to do ? I want to hear the clock ticking again. Yes, again ! I want the tick, tock. In the clock. Before i got locked. In short.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#37 Post by Caveat Lector »

Speaking of hell, I get a traceback error whenever I quit from hell, but still hear the main menu music.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#38 Post by Greeny »

Caveat Lector wrote:Speaking of hell, I get a traceback error whenever I quit from hell, but still hear the main menu music.
Oh no... Can you tell me which variable it claims is undefined/which list it claims is out of index? That's usually what these tracebacks are about.

By the way, I am not confirming that I may or may not be telling you that quite possibly I might be decieving you when I don't officially awknowledge that it is, in fact, not Hell.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!

AeraMillenia

#39 Post by AeraMillenia »

Umm,where have you put the download links? I tried clicking the one given,but the site is blocked in my country ;_; You think you could put up another link? i really want to try this,I love horror.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#40 Post by Greeny »

What? Why would Mediafire be blocked? Where do you live?
Maybe you could use a proxy... In the meantime, I will see if I can find an alternative hosting place.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#41 Post by Caveat Lector »

Greeny wrote:
Caveat Lector wrote:Speaking of hell, I get a traceback error whenever I quit from hell, but still hear the main menu music.
Oh no... Can you tell me which variable it claims is undefined/which list it claims is out of index? That's usually what these tracebacks are about.
Error Text wrote:While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 435, in script
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 543, in python
IndexError: list index out of range
Yet I don't get this error when I quit from the room I first start out in, just when from the other rooms/halls.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by Greeny »

Caveat Lector wrote:
Error Text wrote:While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 435, in script
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 543, in python
IndexError: list index out of range
Yet I don't get this error when I quit from the room I first start out in, just when from the other rooms/halls.
I know exactly what this is about. I'll see about fixing it soon.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#43 Post by Googaboga »

Hooray. I'm excited to see this out :mrgreen:. I don't know when I'll have time to play it but I'll download it and try to make time (I probably won't have a chance until late next week though ;o;).
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

frederic09
Regular

#44 Post by frederic09 »

OMG i am traumatized from the 'gloomy' place. I was trying to solve the piano puzzle, until something ultra wierd happened.

I'm currently under the shock. Yeah, really. The part 5 will stay offline or will be edited (i don't know yet).

That kind of madness should stay a surprise.

Greeny, i'm going to disappoint you, but the puzzles are a lot harder than the ones in "The Loop". And I havn't found any skippable, that's really annoying. Are you sure the forward mode is functional ?

Anyway, part 3 is online : http://dai.ly/x16gh8g
Last edited by frederic09 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Greeny »

frederic09 wrote:And I havn't found any skippable, that's really annoying. Are you sure the forward mode is functional ?s
You're playing on the normal difficulty, meaning not all puzzles are skippable. Only the ones flagged as "hard".