Nicole (otome/mystery/commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Nicole (otome/mystery/commercial)

#1 Post by jack_norton »

It's now officially out! Check the official webpage for download links:
http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm

some screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Description:
Nicole is thrilled that she managed to get into her first choice school and is looking forward to experiencing college life there. However, as soon as she moves into the university dorms, she finds out that there’s been a series of mysterious disappearances going on around the campus! So far, three girls have already gone missing and Nicole could be next if she’s not too careful – not quite the ideal college experience Nicole had in mind.

Nicole is a dating sim that revolves around your day-to-day life as a college student. You can take up part-time jobs to earn money, explore various locations, do recreational and extra-curricular activities, and meet intriguing characters like Darren, Kurt, Jeff and Ted. You might even get to date the culprit!

Note that the game will also be available for Android but in a few weeks only.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

briannavon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Nicole (otome/mystery/commercial)

#2 Post by briannavon »

Finally! I could not wait for this to be out! As soon as I get some money, I will but this! :)
Join Me At LivingGame Productions!

http://livinggameproductions.blogspot.com/

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#3 Post by Kyra10 »

I've been waiting for this!
I can't wait to play it once I buy it~
:D

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#4 Post by Googaboga »

Congratulations ^^.

I don't know when I'll have time to play this but I'll be sure to get it when I have a chance.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#5 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Just played the demo and.. well... I wish I could buy this game >.> Awesome work and congratulations on its release!

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by jack_norton »

Thank you all. I will do a sale with discount for Christmas so worse case you can get the game in that occasion :)
computer games

Nekana

#7 Post by Nekana »

The demo was just wonderful, but the thing stopping me from playing it is the unknown gameplay time. Does the game go through a whole school year or just a few months? I so, so, so want to play it, but I don't want to end up disappointed by the length of it.

So, does anyone has any ideas about how long the gameplay would be? :D

AnRuixi

#8 Post by AnRuixi »

I was under the impression it *would* be the entire year, but to answer your question Nekana, no, it's only one semester long. It's not *very* long, but it's decently long (took me around 5-6 hours of straight playing with reloads to try different things and all that jazz) and I think it has a lot of replay value because of the different guys and their endings. Also, that 4-6 hours of mine was only aiming for one person, so if you decided to go for the routes of different boys, that's more hours of gameplay.

As a person who comes from Tumblr, I recognized A LOT of things, which amused me greatly.
The banter between characters was pretty witty and snarky too--it's very relatable considering I'm also in college and pretty much behave similarly to the protagonist when talking with my friends.

I played the game as soon as I got it actually, and finished as soon as I could, but my only problem was...
I got the bad ending first. I was aiming for Ted, and as stated by the text hints on loading screens, you have to get 900 above on a trait and solve the mystery to get your guy's better ending. I got that--901 Diligence, and 999 Clue. However, I only had 79% on Ted even after purchasing all the correct item gifts for him. Is there something I'm missing? :( Perhaps the other traits need to be leveled up more to a certain number to trigger more character events? I'm not entirely sure, and since the game is fairly new, there isn't much input on hints yet other than what items to give to who.
Overall, I give the game another two thumbs up, just like I always do with Winterwolves Games (seriously, I always have a spaz attack whenever I see a new release).

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by jack_norton »

Nekana wrote: So, does anyone has any ideas about how long the gameplay would be? :D
The game ends the 21st December, however you should measure the length also based on amount of scenes and texts. There are 10 scenes each boy + 8 mystery + an extra special ending each so total over 50 scenes for a total of almost 175k words of texts. It's basically twice as big as Always Remember Me for example :wink:

About why you failed I posted the same thing in my own forum: you need to play the full scene list, so you need to buy the gifts earlier in the game. For example even if you have all the right stats but you bought the gift late in the game, you will begin to unlock the scenes but maybe you get to the 7th-8th scene and then the game ends because you reach the time limit (each scene plays at least a few days after the latest one, otherwise would be too unrealistic).
computer games

Pixelen

#10 Post by Pixelen »

Bought the game and love it so far, just wondering what stats go with which characters? I'm guessing it's:
Kurt - Zeal
Jeff - Diligence
Ted - Amity
Darren - Wit
Is that right or not?

Edit: Oh, nevermind, found this thread. Got most of them wrong, haha.

Nekana

#11 Post by Nekana »

Wow, it sure is good that I brought Nicole after you awesome people answered me! I completely adore it, it's amazing. The tumblr references and good jokes made me giggle quite often. The art- I just want to frame it and put it on my wall. So far I've only gotten two endings, but this is a game I'm definitely going to replay until I get all endings.

Great job, this game is one of my top three VN definitely! :D

Pixelen

#12 Post by Pixelen »

Hi, I'd like to report an issue maybe? I got to relationship 100 with Jeff and had 999 Wit but didn't get his ending?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by jack_norton »

Check my forums, you probably ran out of time. You don't need to wait to give the gifts too much because each scene happens with XX days between each others, so you need to see them all before the "game deadline".
computer games

Pixelen

#14 Post by Pixelen »

Ah yes, replayed it and I had not chosen one of the options to make the relationship go up. Great game btw!

SPOILER:
I just knew that Jeff was going to be the culprit!

sunaro

#15 Post by sunaro »

if you search for "Nicole" at the Pirate Bay, you'll get a long list of pr0n. note taken