Sleepless Night 2: Ladies’ Night(mare) [Horror]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
ManMan3859

Re: Sleepless Night 2: Ladies’ Night(mare) [Horror]

#31 Post by ManMan3859 »

I download the game finally! It's really the problem of my anti-virus software. I used a lot of time to close it......Actually I'm not good at computer......
Thanks bth of u!

Ordog
Regular

#32 Post by Ordog »

I had written a looong post, but it got deleted --"

Basically, I was saying that this game was way better than the first one, of course: There was a true plot, and I liked the fact that we could see the ghost. And because of this I had to close my eyes through half the game xD (I'm laughing now, but it's true...)
We are quickly thrown into the game (I even gave up playing it after hearing the second sound, the glass sound I think), and there's a lot of suspense even when clicking for a simple choice like where to go.
I was clicking while looking away, checking my screen with half-closed eyes~

I think that the worst ending is...
Curiosity: the one when we check the corner. Because we know there IS something, and that we shouldn't check because it's death for sure !! And if you resist and don't click, the corner flashes, and you still see that red thing and get startled.
The most unexpected one is...
No Escape: I was so sure that the passage lead outside, since I had used it with Shizuka in Midori's path. Plus up to this one, we had never died before if we chose to escape alone. So yeah, I couldn't believe I got lost...
The funniest endings (Yup, there were some too x)
Bone Dust: What ? They just kept waiting and waiting without getting old, having to shower nor eat ? \o/
Just an image: It's actually funny, because she asking us to "take something..." I was thinking "Yay!! I'll look for more clues !! \o/" and she ends up saying "take my place" xD Fail~
I'll keep this detail in mind, in case the little boy appears in one of your other VN. (Like the reference to Haru and Sleepless Night 1, at the beginning x)
One more good think I liked: The electric guitar sound in the ending "Possessed". It was frightening yet cool~

What your game lacked:
In the first Sleepless Night, we had to remember an advice from each ending in order to manage to stay alive. Here, it didn't seem like it. But you compensated it with the items quests.
The story of the "True ending" path wasn't as good as what I expected. I thought that there might be more element about Kazumi or the aunt. Actually, I don't think I understood everything. Kazumi, is he Shizuka's brother ? Or was it the aunt's name ? (But the ghost said that Kazumi killed it, so...)
So I'm already waiting for the sequel !! I want to know who is that White-headed guy with Haru.

Also, about the true ending...
The protagonist dies and the 3 others survives, right ? So in the whole series, only the 1st Sleepless' Night Protagonist, Haru, Midori, Natsumi, Shizuka, Kazumi, the ghostly-aunt, and the white-haired dude are left ?
Thanks for your awesome game, once again !! Keep your hard work~

@Hachiko: Did you look around her house ? You shouldn't I think. Just talk to hera about her family, and "Drop it about her boyfriend and go to the Library-Kitchen-Living Room
I just checked with and without going around in the house and clicking the background and when you don't touch anything you get her ending, when you look around you don't. (May be it's a specific object, like the fridge or tea cup)
EDIT: Don't click on the tea cup or pot, if you do, when going back to the kitchen, you end up nagging her about cleaning, and it doesn't please her.

Kagura
Regular

#33 Post by Kagura »

Kyaaaa~ It's another Sleepless Night weeee!
Huehuehue I'ma play this this instant ' u '

*turns off volume first* > n >

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Katty16
Regular

#34 Post by Katty16 »

Awesome!! Tried the first game a long time ago, but didn't see that you had made sa second one XD
I will give it a try :p
The first game was pretty good so I hope this one is too :3

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#35 Post by NoJoker »

@Ordog
Thanks so much for the long reply! I'm glad you liked the game overall, and I hope the last Sleepless Night game won't disappoint. I have some really cool ideas, and you'll definitely get to know more about Kazumi and the silver haired guy (actually you can get a little more information in Midnight Chaos ;))
Kazumi is/was Shizuka's aunt. Shizuka may not have been totally honest about everything regarding her, but ... well, I'll leave that for the third game ;)

@Kagura
Have fun! (Maybe it's good to turn the volume down in the first playthrough^^)

@Katty16
It seems like a lot of people missed the release of the second game :/
It's been out since Halloween 2013. I hope you'll enjoy it, many people said it's better than the first game.

xxstrangesoulxx

#36 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

Hey nice game. I had a lot of fun playing this.

I like the art and the music. I love how there is so many endings.

Katty16
Regular

#37 Post by Katty16 »

I finally finished it after a few days! *O* Had to take breaks after playing it a bit since I was too scared after continuing XD But I think this was much better than the first one, and then I means that it was much scarier than it, bt it something in the game I don't get.
Like...
About that lady or the aunt ghost that is after them, and that note from the little boy or child, you didn't really get to know what that was about >< And the true ending when you suddenly get obssessed and then go back and dies, didn't really get that ending e.e
But it still was a relly good game, and the art was good too. Like the girls when something have happened with them, really creepy :p

AliceCheshire

#38 Post by AliceCheshire »

NoJoker wrote:I uploaded the walkthrough here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 55&t=23844
Or on my website: http://en.marcel-weyers.de/visualnovels ... lkthrough/

It may contain minor spoilers. If something is still unclear, please tell me! :)
You might think about rewriting the way you handle each ending in the walkthrough. I managed to work my way through all 18 of the non-true path endings either on my own or with the walkthrough but even with the walkthrough it required some guess work. I'm currently stuck on the first ending on the true path because despite having gotten
the ending with the nail file
I still can't escape the livingroom and seemingly get stuck there unless I exit to the main menu or load a save.

It would take a lot more space but I would recommend something like this walkthrough where it covers all the choices for a given ending and if your actions for one ending are identical to another ending up to a certain point then it just tells you to make a save at that point for the previous ending and the next ending that differs from it starts out telling you to load that save.

In your walkthrough for example the true path's first ending says this:
True Route
It’s best to finish the endings of the girls first. You need certain items from them for some endings. You MUST have the nail file, otherwise you’ll be stuck in the living room.
19 Bad Ending – Run and Hide:
Choose “Stay here”.
I've done everything in the note before it but it says nothing about the actions you take before getting the choice of staying there and even when I did get that far into it the only thing that happened was
I got stuck in the living room and the only possible option I got that did anything was interacting with the left chair and taking Natsumi's cellphone. After that though I couldn't leave the room or interact with anything else in any meaningful way.
I don't know if this was some sort of bug or me not understanding the directions or what. (On rereading this all this paragraph seems like I'm just rewording things but I suppose I'll leave it anyways in case it's clearer on what I mean.)

LovetteSakura

#39 Post by LovetteSakura »

I'm curious about the game so I downloaded it... now I have to find the courage to play it -.-'

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#40 Post by plaster »

AliceCheshire wrote:
NoJoker wrote:I uploaded the walkthrough here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 55&t=23844
Or on my website: http://en.marcel-weyers.de/visualnovels ... lkthrough/

It may contain minor spoilers. If something is still unclear, please tell me! :)
You might think about rewriting the way you handle each ending in the walkthrough. I managed to work my way through all 18 of the non-true path endings either on my own or with the walkthrough but even with the walkthrough it required some guess work. I'm currently stuck on the first ending on the true path because despite having gotten
the ending with the nail file
I still can't escape the livingroom and seemingly get stuck there unless I exit to the main menu or load a save.

It would take a lot more space but I would recommend something like this walkthrough where it covers all the choices for a given ending and if your actions for one ending are identical to another ending up to a certain point then it just tells you to make a save at that point for the previous ending and the next ending that differs from it starts out telling you to load that save.

In your walkthrough for example the true path's first ending says this:
True Route
It’s best to finish the endings of the girls first. You need certain items from them for some endings. You MUST have the nail file, otherwise you’ll be stuck in the living room.
19 Bad Ending – Run and Hide:
Choose “Stay here”.
I've done everything in the note before it but it says nothing about the actions you take before getting the choice of staying there and even when I did get that far into it the only thing that happened was
I got stuck in the living room and the only possible option I got that did anything was interacting with the left chair and taking Natsumi's cellphone. After that though I couldn't leave the room or interact with anything else in any meaningful way.
I don't know if this was some sort of bug or me not understanding the directions or what. (On rereading this all this paragraph seems like I'm just rewording things but I suppose I'll leave it anyways in case it's clearer on what I mean.)
Having the same problem. I guess I'll just twiddle my thumbs until we get an answer, I suppose.

Ordog
Regular

#41 Post by Ordog »

Did you guys click on the small square on the wall of the living room ?

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#42 Post by plaster »

Ordog wrote:Did you guys click on the small square on the wall of the living room ?
... Well I feel dumb now.
(´・ω・`)

AliceCheshire

#43 Post by AliceCheshire »

Ordog wrote:Did you guys click on the small square on the wall of the living room ?
I eventually found it. It doesn't seem to be there earlier though so I wasn't exactly thoroughly checking every inch of the screen. I didn't find it doing some fairly quick sweeps around the screen though.

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#44 Post by NoJoker »

Hi Sleepless Night fans and Merry Christmas!
I'm currently working on the third and last installment of the series, and I hope to have it ready for you guys in 2015! :)
In the meantime you can check out my new novel series, the Raven-Saga. You can download the first installment for FREE on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Raven-Blood-Awake ... B00MULHAQO

It's my Christmas gift for you! Also, there miiight be a visual novel prequel in production. ;) #hinthint
See you guys in 2015. Hope you all have a great year!