Rising Angels: Reborn

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

Rising Angels: Reborn

#1 Post by KomiTsuku »

Natalie Puccile, a Special Investigations and Tactics officer with the Katajion Directorship, has spent her career watching over a listening post in the middle of deep space. After the orders that she has always dreamed of finally arrive, she finds herself in charge of a small destroyer and tasked with discovering the fate of a missing research team investigating an ancient civilization. As the universe she knows falls apart around her, it is up to Natalie's brilliance and the dedication of the crew of the KSS Nimross to avert a galaxy-shattering event that could spell the end of all space travel. With determination in her heart, Natalie rises to the chance to beat back the danger and perhaps find love in the twinkling lights of the distant stars.

-Rising Angels: Reborn is a remake of the Rising Angels series. You don't have to have played the original.
-Four hours of epic adventure and heartwarming romance
-Five endings to this adventure
-Release date of October 31st
-Unique sprites with multiple poses, backgrounds and GUI (none of that 90s Japanese high school stuff this time)
-1366x768 resolution
-Free... not the anime, the amount of money required for purchase
-Edit: Rated 14+ for language (light, but still...) and violent themes

Download for all OSs

Screenshots:
SCR2.JPG
SCR1.JPG
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We made the deadline, damn it! The android and voiced version will be released later this year.
Last edited by KomiTsuku on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Rising Angels: Reborn

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Congratulations on the release : D. It's great you made your deadline. Everyone on your team was working really hard and and the final product looks very polished. I'll be downloading the game but I won't be able to get around to playing it for awhile v.v.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#3 Post by Kyra10 »

It's out and on Halloween! XD
Downloading now~
I'll get the voiced version when it's released too. :D

Sugarou

#4 Post by Sugarou »

Oh wow it's out! Congrats on making your deadline, aha!
I've been looking so forward to playing this I can't even deal. asdfghjkl;
Downloading now!(((:

Chibichann
Regular

#5 Post by Chibichann »

wow looks nice,and and congrats on releasing it on the deadline

trepiechick
Regular

#6 Post by trepiechick »

This game is fabulous! You care about the people and get wrapped up in the excitement. There are a few typos and grammatical errors, but the dramatic pointing overrides it!!! I feel like I'm playing Phoenix Wright in space!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

Whoah this game is so pretty, for that alone and Jason's artwork I am going to play it!

natkinos

#8 Post by natkinos »

Congrats! I'll definitively play this game tonight!

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#9 Post by KomiTsuku »

I'm glad everyone is excited and enjoying it so far. I'll be doing more typo sweeps, it seems that they slip past me still. And sometimes they don't stay changed, even when I find them. Stupid "the" in the description.

-------------------------------------
There is a small update already for an ugly bug (Do not click on Governments and Planets header, it will crash the program), with another one for minor GUI corrections in the works. Since I forgot to mention it earlier, to help promote the voiced version, it will be containing additional bonus content to include extra scenes, a greatly increased codex, and additional CG. The VAs are doing me a great service and I want to make sure their work is well supported.

natkinos

#10 Post by natkinos »

Is the game complete? I can only take zuri path

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#11 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

I like this game but it has crashed for me twice.
After deciding to stay and glean more information from the wreaked ship in the option menu to talk to someone if I try to talk to Kika the game crashes.

I talked to Commander Rasoona instead and the game still worked for a while. But after the crystals shatter I can get to the point where Kika says she's going to try to rework the ship's engine in 24 hours so everyone can survive. Then the game crashes.
It also seems very Zuri-centric even though I didn't choose her. Is that intentional?

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#12 Post by ririruetoo »

How exciting! I really love the games in the series, so I'm for sure going to download it now!!
ImageImageImage

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by KomiTsuku »

Flowers from Nowhere wrote:I like this game but it has crashed for me twice.
After deciding to stay and glean more information from the wreaked ship in the option menu to talk to someone if I try to talk to Kika the game crashes.

I talked to Commander Rasoona instead and the game still worked for a while. But after the crystals shatter I can get to the point where Kika says she's going to try to rework the ship's engine in 24 hours so everyone can survive. Then the game crashes.
Damn it. I thought I fixed that bug multiple times... It's caused because you picked choices that change some of Kika's dialog, but didn't pick the first one. Fixed the missing variable, but you will have to redownload. If you can't redownload, picking Talk to Kika from the first time will fix everything. Another option is you can hit ignore. You'll miss that short scene with Kika, but you can continue the story.
If anything, I recommend it. It opens more Kika dialog and doesn't pull away from anything since the endings are story, not character, specific.
That's a game shattering bug. How did I not catch it the dozen times I ran the test? How has nobody else caught it?
Flowers from Nowhere wrote: It also seems very Zuri-centric even though I didn't choose her. Is that intentional?
natkinos wrote:Is the game complete? I can only take zuri path
The game is complete and it was intentional. While there are a decent number of scenes highlighting Sol and Natalie's close relationship (and potentially more), I decided to remove different romantic routes. This is not a dating sim. This is a story of adventure. I know choosing the love interest is a selling point to VNs, but I want the focus not to be on that. I wanted to keep the focus on the what was happening. Love is a piece of any good adventure, and it may evolve in ways you don't yet see.
Does Zuri see Natalie or a surrogate Akurel? Can Natalie keep trying to be something she isn't?
But I want it to be woven into the story, not the title feature.

I know not having it is disappointing, but it is a direction I want to take the series and VNs in general.

marimo
Regular

#14 Post by marimo »

Downloaded and playing...and at the moment, KYLIE IS THE CUTEST THING EVER.
ImageHonest Critique | Personal Art Thread (inactive tbh)
ImageCurrent Projects:
ImageAvailability: Commissions - Open

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#15 Post by Fenrir34 »

Congratulations of getting your game out on time :D . I've played the first part and it's turning out well. Love the art by the way. Very beautiful :D