Nachtigal (otome/soft horror/vampires)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zmajoljupka

Re: Nachtigal (otome/soft horror/vampires)

#61 Post by zmajoljupka »

Help! MISSING LUCA DIALOGUE!

I've been wanting to play this game a while ago but my old laptop had issues. Now I have a new one, downloaded both windows and all in one files. With both versions what Luca says does not appear!

Help :?: :!: ?! And thank you!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#62 Post by Camille »

zmajoljupka wrote:Help! MISSING LUCA DIALOGUE!

I've been wanting to play this game a while ago but my old laptop had issues. Now I have a new one, downloaded both windows and all in one files. With both versions what Luca says does not appear!

Help :?: :!: ?! And thank you!
Oh my GOD... I have no idea why that's happening but I just checked and you're right... I will look into this immediately, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience!

zmajoljupka

#63 Post by zmajoljupka »

Because of your super amazing fast reply the little inconvenience has turned: WOW that was fast! :D
Good luck with finding the issue!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#64 Post by Camille »

zmajoljupka wrote:Because of your super amazing fast reply the little inconvenience has turned: WOW that was fast! :D
Good luck with finding the issue!
Ok so I still have no idea why that bug was happening exactly, but I basically changed Luca's character definition and it fixed everything so... I'm glad it was relatively easy to solve! Unfortunately you'll have to redownload the game, but it should be working now! Once again, so sorry for the inconvenience.

zmajoljupka

#65 Post by zmajoljupka »

You're amazing! Thank you! :)

Ladyhawke

#66 Post by Ladyhawke »

Hi there. I love when these games get bumped to the top of the forum, even if because of a bug. I've been playing a ton of these lately and hadn't seen this one yet. So I'm excited.

But unfortunately I'm getting an error with the new download file.

It says: 0 Data error in 'Nachtigal-win\Icon'. File is broken.

I've tried to download both the 'windows' and the 'all' version and they both say the Icon is the issue. Otherwise, the original problem I was having was the same as above with the super hot guy's voice missing :shock: . Totally can't have that now!

From what I saw and read, before deciding that he couldn't just be eye-candy (but why not?..), the game looks really fun. I can leave a better review once I can get a clean download. Pretty please help!

Thanks much :)

-Ladyhawke

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#67 Post by Camille »

Ladyhawke wrote:Hi there. I love when these games get bumped to the top of the forum, even if because of a bug. I've been playing a ton of these lately and hadn't seen this one yet. So I'm excited.

But unfortunately I'm getting an error with the new download file.

It says: 0 Data error in 'Nachtigal-win\Icon'. File is broken.

I've tried to download both the 'windows' and the 'all' version and they both say the Icon is the issue. Otherwise, the original problem I was having was the same as above with the super hot guy's voice missing :shock: . Totally can't have that now!

From what I saw and read, before deciding that he couldn't just be eye-candy (but why not?..), the game looks really fun. I can leave a better review once I can get a clean download. Pretty please help!

Thanks much :)

-Ladyhawke
I've just updated the downloads on itch.io to address that error. Hopefully these work for you! ;w;

Ladyhawke

#68 Post by Ladyhawke »

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately the problem with the missing text for him is still existing. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but in the beginning everything shows up fine.
The text doesn't stop appearing until you're in the study, after you come to and they are talking in front of you. But you are only seeing a one-sided conversation after a bit :lol: . It's like right around your second choice where you're asked if you wanna speak up or just listen, so not far in really. I think it's pretty much right after that you don't ever hear from Luca again, you just see his facial expressions.
Anyways, maybe it's something wrong on my end, not sure how but ya never know. Doesn't seem anyone else is speaking up about it yet. Thank you for trying though. I'll check back later. :)

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#69 Post by Camille »

Ladyhawke wrote:Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately the problem with the missing text for him is still existing. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but in the beginning everything shows up fine.
The text doesn't stop appearing until you're in the study, after you come to and they are talking in front of you. But you are only seeing a one-sided conversation after a bit :lol: . It's like right around your second choice where you're asked if you wanna speak up or just listen, so not far in really. I think it's pretty much right after that you don't ever hear from Luca again, you just see his facial expressions.
Anyways, maybe it's something wrong on my end, not sure how but ya never know. Doesn't seem anyone else is speaking up about it yet. Thank you for trying though. I'll check back later. :)
Hmm well I'm playing through the latest version again and as far as I can tell his dialogue shows up just fine now... It might be a corrupted file on itch.io's end so I'm going to delete the downloads there and reupload them. Please give them another try in another hour or two!

zmajoljupka

#70 Post by zmajoljupka »

I fell asleep last night :D But I'm downloading the new version now. The last of my downloads yesterday still had the missing text issue, even the one from your redownload link. I've deleted all the old files I had and am now downloading fresh. Downloading from itch.io atm for Windows, size 128mb, old Win downloads I had were 126mb! So I'm hoping that even that last download might have been from the batch before you fixed it.
:) anyway, I'll update what's happening.

zmajoljupka

#71 Post by zmajoljupka »

Hi again! Even with the new downloads, Luca text still missing! :(

Even though I deleted the old files, somehow my saved games were still there! So I deleted them alone and the folder again. Re-extracted todays download and the saved games appeared again? Is it possible Luca text is now still missing because of the residual saved games? And where are they located since the game keeps finding them?
I hope a solution can be found, this is really a unique problem we're having :D
Good luck! And you're still amazing :D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#72 Post by Camille »

Okay so I believe that the issue was because the new files I uploaded to itch.io had the same filenames as the old ones, so there was some kind of caching issue? Because even though the version I compiled worked fine, the file downloaded from itch.io did not. (ergo they were different files for some reason) So I've recompiled the game and uploaded it to itch.io with a different filename. It should still say Nachtigal (Windows) or whatnot when you click the link, but your download should be something like Nachtigal-3.6-all.zip. The 3.6 is important, as it signifies that it's the latest version. I've just tried a fresh install of the game on a different computer and Luca's dialogue is showing up just fine, so I hope it works for everyone this time!

Unfortunately, this fix is incompatible with previous savefiles so if you have the old version of Nachtigal, your save files won't be carried over. Very sorry for the inconvenience! ;-;

Ladyhawke

#73 Post by Ladyhawke »

It worked! Yay! You made my day :D . I didn't even realize that Luca says something in the very beginning scene! So yeah, everything seems to be working now.

Thank you thank you!

Ladyhawke

#74 Post by Ladyhawke »

Just finished all endings. Soooo wish it was longer, but still loved the game very much. The CGs were gorgeous, and I enjoyed every ending except
Escape - cause honestly I just wanted to be with the guys dangit! Even if I was lunch or pet kitty! :twisted:
Oh my...*sigh* definitely need more vampire otome. So fun.

Thank you :)

zmajoljupka

#75 Post by zmajoljupka »

Hi! This time the fix worked, I could see Luca text! Yaay!
Thank you! I liked the game very much, I wish it had been longer!!!

My super honest opinion: :D
The CG with Adrian drinking blood the first time was my absolute favourite! Luca's first time a close second. The other feedings idk, I didn't like them as much. At times Luca's face and head-shape seemed somewhat distorted which put me off.

I liked how all three of them had diverse and interesting personalities that's why it would be awesome if the game lasted longer to meet them better, the shortness makes it rather obvious of the choices you have to make and I missed the excitement of having more options and sometimes not knowing what is good and what if bad.

It would be awesome if her relationships with the two had more material, more conversations and events...perhaps even extending the game to the return of the family or just having more stuff going on during her stay. Even allowing the options to choose between two different personalities for our heroine, one more bold quirky and loud for Adrian, a development where he grows with her prior to remembering who he is.

Luca being somber and serious at the beginning and also (if by the stay silent option is to be judged) more violent adding more friction between them, with moments when her staying collected and appropriate would win him over and teach him somewhat to push his loyal and servant nature to the side. Perhaps making him remember a time when he was not so limited.

I know with both that's what you were going for in a way, but...I need more for it to have a deeper more catharsic experience.
Definitely a great game, with great art, music, interface and a truly brave heroine, well defined how she couldn't be afraid of them true to a young bubbling nature more excited by the event than terrified.

The quick death at the beginning if you speak up is really good, a series of options leading to building of trust or the wish to harm her would be cool and even a few more violent endings. They are, in fact, if judging by the family completely unemphatic to humanity and sometimes I felt that part of their nature was missing.
Ok, hopefully this is of some use to you in development of stories, it's just my oppinion :D
Thank you very much!
Hopefully I can get a job eventually (atm economy crisis in country and I'm still in school :/) and support financially so you can make bigger games!
zmaj