White Nights

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Recca Phoenix
Veteran

Re: White Nights

#16 Post by Recca Phoenix » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:23 pm

This book sounds to me like Kawabata Yasunari's Snow Country (雪国) which could possibly be used as VN material, but I'd be nervous about utilizing a Nobel Prize Winner's work in that way ^^;;;

I will play this when I get the chance....

Free Time Machine
Regular

#17 Post by Free Time Machine » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:07 pm

I played through and thought the story was beautiful and perfectly suited to the VN format as well. I didn't want the story to end where it did, but it was probably better of Dostoyevsky to leave it there. Also, I thought the backgrounds really captured the mood, except that I did have one little problem with it--there is one scene where the line is "it was very dark by now" or something similar, but the sky in the background was unmistakably bright.

Weirdly, I felt the story needed a slower default text speed. Normally I crank up the slider to instant when I play through games, but I actually went into the settings and slowed down the text for this one. *shrug*

Thanks for publishing this--I would probably have missed out on the work otherwise.
"HOLD ON TIGHT" ~ Outfits and expressions, where art thou? And why does Elsa's face look so awful??? *bangs head in*

Everytime you delete a traceback, someone else gets it. -PyTom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#18 Post by mikey » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:43 am

Thanks for playing - about the Nobel Prize - I don't think that something like that should stop you, Dostoyevsky is regarded as one of the greatest novelists ever and it didn't stop me ^_^. If it's right, it's right, regardless of origin or popularity, I'd say.

The "it was very dark by now" section was something I also noticed, but I left it like that, since I wanted a relatively small amount of BGs for the main part. But you're right, it stands out, alongside some other small things as well.

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#19 Post by cosmo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am

Hi!

It seems that the download page is down…
Is there another possibility to see your game than http://atp.manga.sk/prod/wn/wn.htm ?

Thanks in advance! :)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#20 Post by DaFool » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 am

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#21 Post by cosmo » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:54 am

Thank you! :)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.