Monster Uses CPU 2 [Drama, Slice of Life, Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: Monster Uses CPU 2 [Drama, Slice of Life, Fantasy]

#16 Post by Haze »

Hey there, sunaro! Hope you enjoy playing through MUCPU2 again!

Here's a short walkthrough for you, with details on the different endings:
Format is "Ending": How to get it
"Alone, Forever": Invite no one.
"I Tried": Invite 1 or 2 people
"I Tried, Peacefully": Variation of the above where JackSkelly is one of the people you invited, or maybe the only person you've invited.
"It's Enough": Invite 3 or 4 people.
"Satisfaction": Invite 5 people. This ending has a special variation, which my sis and I call "the webcam ending", that involves seeing a special scene with Jenny3isMe. To see this scene and unlock the ending variation, choose the following choices during the conversation with Jenny:
"I'll take your word for it."
"No, not exactly."
"No."
"Yes"
"Yes"
Finally, there is an unnamed ending involving JackSkelly. All you need to do to get it is choose "Why?" during his conversation.
I've been meaning to update this game for a while now, I've just been so busy! Also, there's that feeling you get when you released a game of "I've already released this; why should I work on it any longer?" I'll try to give it an update soon(nothing special, just an extended ending, a small gui update, a couple of typo fixes, maybe a little bit of music since the lack of it has been mentioned before, etc.), probably before Dec.25. Maybe I'll include a more in-depth walkthrough as part of the update. :D
Last edited by Haze on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

sunaro

#17 Post by sunaro »

thanks a bunch, Haze, that's great news! i'm in my early 20's now and i've been playing visual novels since middle school and that one is one of my favorites (it's really close to my heart and i love it to bits).
i especially love the
special scene with Jenny3isMe. i didn't get it on my first playthrough so it was a heartwarming surprise. i tear up a bit (from the happiness of course). also, JackSkelly is a sweetheart. i want freedom, too. wish i could be Peter Pan and never grow up. mature and serious life isn't for me. freedom is what my heart wants.
also, the songs are really good. "Under Construction" is my favorite.
kudos to ya

Haze
Veteran

#18 Post by Haze »

I'm glad you liked the special Jenny ending. It's definitely one of the more hidden parts of the game, so I'm happy you saw it and liked it.

As for Jack, he was quite fun to write, but the freedom he wants isn't the right type of freedom, which is what MrMonster discusses during the river scene. If you haven't looked at the scene, give it a look. : ) As I mentioned in the mini-walkthrough, you get it by having Jack invited and inviting 1 or 2 people, including Jack.
I'm really glad you like my sister's and my little game. Thanks so much for the kind words. :D

The MUCPU2 update is coming! I had to finish up some things today, so everything's pretty much done. However, I want to check with my sister to see if I missed anything she wants to add to the update. So, it'll be uploaded tomorrow. Sorry; I know I said before Dec.25, but I greatly underestimated the busyness of the holidays.

EDIT: Meant to submit this yesterday, Dec.25, but just realized that I clicked the "preview" button and not the "submit" button. Like I said, though, I'll upload the update later today.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Haze
Veteran

#19 Post by Haze »

Alright! The 1.3 update is now up-- on mediafire, not Game Jolt(for now)! It would've been up yesterday, but I didn't have access to my computer for a little bit-- and my sister wanted to add some things I hadn't thought about. Plus, I underestimated the busyness of the holidays yet again! But here it is, MUCPU2 version 1.3. This update includes:

-better GUI: the quick menu has been moved to a place more easily accessible and noticeable. Also, I realized the save/load screen had a pretty obvious oversight: there wasn't a place where you could choose whether to save or load! So, that was fixed.

-a new song! This song, called "Connection", is about 2 minutes long and plays during the "inviting" phase of the game. A reversed version of Connection, which sounds quite different, plays during the "going to the party" part of the game. If you like the songs by the J.Arthur Keenes band in the credits, though, don't worry-- they're still in the game.

-typo fixes, and some fixes to generally make sentences flow more smoothly.

-new icons for Jenny and VomitPunch. Jenny got a new one because her old one was meant to be the default icon for the chat site, but my sister felt that didn't really fit with her personality, and my sis had drawn a better one that fit Jenny better. VP got a new one since, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my sister didn't send me his real one during the time we were making this game for Game Jolt Contest 10. She sent me an icon that she thinks suits him.

-less annoying and drawn-out fades in the opening sequence! Now, you can see the intro without forcing yourself to resist the urge to click through it!

-slightly extended "invite 5 people" ending

sunaro

#20 Post by sunaro »

Cool beans! I'll play this as soon as possible.
Happy holidays, Haze and Haze's sister o/