Adventures of Prince Ivan 2.0 [VN](Fant/Adv)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Joyleaf

Re: Adventures of Prince Ivan 2.0 [VN](Fant/Adv)

#46 Post by Joyleaf »

Very nice game! You did a lot of research for this :) I like how you tried to make sense out of all bizarre things in our fairy tales. I like your characters :))) I had really good time playing this, I even laughed out loud a few times (rare occurrence)! So, let me thank you, for hard work, respect of other cultures, good sense of humor and creativity.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#47 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Joyleaf wrote:Very nice game! You did a lot of research for this :)
Thank you, and I did indeed do quite a bit of research on medieval Russia.
I like how you tried to make sense out of all the bizarre things in our fairy tales.
I like trying to come up with reasons for why things happen -- even if there really isn't one. In my opinion, a dash of logic makes stories more grounded, and realistic, even if the tale is pure fantasy.
I like your characters :)
Awesome! I do too. :) I had a lot of fun writing them.
I had really good time playing this, I even laughed out loud a few times (rare occurrence)!
Fantastic! That's exactly what I wanted.
Joyleaf wrote:So, let me thank you, for hard work, respect of other cultures, good sense of humor and creativity.
It was my pleasure. "Prince Ivan and the Gray Wolf" was a favorite fairy tale of mine since I was little, so I wanted to do my very best for it. I am very, very glad you enjoyed my interpretation of the story and its characters.
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

BlueJayGames
Organization: Blue Jay Games

#48 Post by BlueJayGames »

Your art and GUI are beautiful as always. Can't wait to play this, downloading now!

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#49 Post by OokamiKasumi »

BlueJayGames wrote:Your art and GUI are beautiful as always. Can't wait to play this, downloading now!
Thank you! I hope you have fun with the game. :)
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#50 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This was a delight to play. Loved the artwork and how everything (writing, art, music, coding) works so well together to make the whole. Glad I went back to play a second time, because I got quite a short game the first time whereas things expanded out more during the second play-through. I've still two more endings to get, so I haven't finished playing yet. Beautiful, just beautiful.

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#51 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Lesleigh63 wrote:This was a delight to play. Loved the artwork and how everything (writing, art, music, coding) works so well together to make the whole.
Thank you!
-- This is based on one of my favorite fairy tales. It was a lot of work for One person, but I wanted to show just how much I really loved that story.
Glad I went back to play a second time, because I got quite a short game the first time, whereas things expanded out more during the second play-through.

LOL! Now you understand why I advise: "Don't choose wisely!"
I've still two more endings to get, so I haven't finished playing yet. Beautiful, just beautiful.
I'm so glad you like the game. I hope you enjoy the rest as much!

Friar Tuck
Projects: The Clockwork Diary with Copper Clasps

#52 Post by Friar Tuck »

I like this game! Can I wait this game for Android?

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#53 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Friar Tuck wrote:I like this game! Can I wait this game for Android?
I'm thrilled you like it, but sadly, I have no clue how to adjust this game for Android.

Friar Tuck

#54 Post by Friar Tuck »

OokamiKasumi wrote:I have no clue how to adjust this game for Android
After update to new version Ren`py and installation jdk, rapt, etc.
in game\options.rpy need change string

Code: Select all

build.directory_name = "Prince Ivan-2.0"
to

build.directory_name = "Prince_Ivan-2.0"
:D

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#55 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Friar Tuck wrote:
OokamiKasumi wrote:I have no clue how to adjust this game for Android
After update to new version Ren`py and installation jdk, rapt, etc.
in game\options.rpy need change string

build.directory_name = "Prince Ivan-2.0"
to

build.directory_name = "Prince_Ivan-2.0"
:D
That may indeed be it, but I don't have an android capable phone. I can't test it. My phone is a LandLine, not a smart-phone.

Friar Tuck

#56 Post by Friar Tuck »

May be BlueStacks can solve it. http://www.bluestacks.com/

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#57 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Friar Tuck wrote:May be BlueStacks can solve it. http://www.bluestacks.com/
What a brilliant idea!

Angie
Regular

#58 Post by Angie »

Today I tried playing this game, and I am really glad I did!
I've got just one ending, though I plan or trying out all of them. But, as I finished at least one, I thought I tell you what I think.

First of all, I must tell you I really enjoy your artwork. It's stunning. Beautifull. And it's different. A mix of realism and cartoon, maybe? I don't know, but I know you must have worked hard to make you artstyle perfect. I believe, everyone will recognize your games by it. It really is special.

Secondly, plot.
I almost felt as if somebody was reading me a tale... I've got back to times when I was seven years old, reading about princes, castles, adventures, knights, battles... But, you kept up with realism, with lovely characterization, different personalities, affairs and everything else.
It was marvelous. I couldn't expect anything better, and I felt so caught up in a story, that I just couldn't put it down, until I finished it.

Thirdly, relationship.
I've played some of princexprincess (or knightxprincess) stories and most stereotype is that they both are so angered to have partners chosen for them, they fall deeply in love and ran away or something. Lots of hearts, flowers, passion and stuff.
But, your story had it different way. Probably the most realistic way, in my opinion.
Characters were used to how tradition goes. Of course, they weren't slaves who would do how they are told, but there weren't this usual anger and madness. More like 'I can do that or that, to keep my Tsardom safe, so I'm going to do that'.
Prince Ivan and Princess Elena, solving this problem this way - they showed how composed and grown-up they are.
And even if at first you would say it was more of a... pact between them, then I believe they grew up to love each other.
Not everybody's love must be furious and wild.
They are a calm, lovely couple... And a beautifull one.

And the mini-game is something I really, really enjoyed! *note to herself to check up how to code mini-games*
I was like 'wow, nice, really nice...!'
It wasn't easy, and that was nice as well. So you had to try and think and everything... And, with a bit of russian culture! I live close by Russia (Poland) and I heard bits about them. Beside, we come from the same culture (Slavs) and I was happy to see a bit of that in the game.

One thing I missed though, was a bit more of relationship growth at the end - they kinda just went straight to it, and I felt there could be more to it. (During the gameplay it was coming alone nice, only ending was a little bit... hasty?)

I hope to see more and more games from you :)
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#59 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Angie wrote:Today I tried playing this game, and I am really glad I did!
I've got just one ending, though I plan or trying out all of them. But, as I finished at least one, I thought I tell you what I think.
I'm absolutely thrilled you enjoyed the game!
Angie wrote:First of all, I must tell you I really enjoy your artwork. It's stunning. Beautiful. And it's different. A mix of realism and cartoon, maybe? I don't know, but I know you must have worked hard to make you art style perfect. I believe, everyone will recognize your games by it. It really is special.
It is indeed a mix of drawings and photos from the backgrounds to the textures used in the clothing. I did indeed work very hard on the style, years in fact, to get it to look like that. I'm really pleased that you liked the effect.
Angie wrote:Secondly, plot.
I almost felt as if somebody was reading me a tale ... But, you kept up with realism, with lovely characterization, different personalities, affairs and everything else. ...It was marvelous. I couldn't expect anything better, and I felt so caught up in a story, that I just couldn't put it down, until I finished it.
There wasn't a whole lot of actual game play, so I wanted to make the story as interesting, and fun as possible. Thank you for enjoying it!
Angie wrote:Thirdly, relationship.
I've played some of prince x princess (or knight x princess) stories ... But, your story had it different way. Probably the most realistic way, in my opinion. ...Not everybody's love must be furious and wild. They are a calm, lovely couple... And a beautiful one.
Well, it just seemed...logical. A real prince and princess would have been raised since early childhood to put their kingdom's needs before their own -- that the royalty's function was to make sure their people and land prosper, even if that meant bringing in wealth and connections through marriage.
Angie wrote:And the mini-game is something I really, really enjoyed! *note to herself to check up how to code mini-games*I was like 'wow, nice, really nice...!' It wasn't easy, and that was nice as well. So you had to try and think and everything...
I'm so, so glad you enjoyed the maze!
-- That was a major bit of tricky coding, too. (Pages and pages of coding.)
Angie wrote:...And, with a bit of russian culture! I live close by Russia (Poland) and I heard bits about them. Beside, we come from the same culture (Slavs) and I was happy to see a bit of that in the game.
The Firebird is a favorite fairy tale of mine, so I wanted to make sure I did my very best to keep the 'Russian' flavor intact. I'm glad you liked the results!
Angie wrote:One thing I missed though, was a bit more of relationship growth at the end - they kinda just went straight to it, and I felt there could be more to it. (During the gameplay it was coming alone nice, only ending was a little bit... hasty?)
It was more than a little 'hasty' at the end but then, so was the actual fairy tale. I embellished as much as the story would allow. I was afraid to go any further because I didn't want to ruin it.
Angie wrote:I hope to see more and more games from you :)
I'm very sure you shall. :)

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#60 Post by Lire »

Pfft, "don't choose wisely", aye-aye captain. 8)
And this is my review. :lol:
http://scan-vn.blogspot.com/2014/05/adv ... -ivan.html
Thank you for this game! :wink:
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol: