Adventures of Prince Ivan 2.0 [VN](Fant/Adv)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sanashi27
Regular
Tumblr: ichika27
Deviantart: sorayume-kyou

Re: Adventures of Prince Ivan [VN](Fant/Adv)

#16 Post by sanashi27 »

I'm gonna play this. I have a book of fairytales and one of he stories in it is this. :)
Playing games are wonderful. It's like living another life although short, yet it's unforgettable.

MikaYuu is Love, MikaYuu is Life. My OTP <3

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi

#17 Post by OokamiKasumi »

sanashi27 wrote:I'm gonna play this. I have a book of fairytales and one of the stories in it is this. :)
I hope you like my interpretation of the tale!
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#18 Post by Starshine »

I'll have a playthough right now, it download's quite fast from the attachment even though it's size is 263MB.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#19 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Starshine wrote:I'll have a playthough right now, it download's quite fast from the attachment even though it's size is 263MB.
Awesome!
-- My games tend to be image-heavy, so my game files are often fairly large. In this game, with all the LiveComposit parts, (and there are a Lot of LiveComposite parts...) I was expecting it to be over 500MB. Somehow, it ended up being under 300. Go figure?

I hope you like it!
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#20 Post by Starshine »

That was a fun game the characters eyes, arms moved when they spoke. Baba Yaga was a veryinteresting character, she had some kind of head around her neck to which she explained was all the previous Yaga's/Witches. I died for a week... after doing that quiz and was put back together by Baba Yaga... but i eventually got through on my second chance. Later i eventually was forced to hunt for dolls "Russian dolls" and you know they always come in a pack. (That was a unique idea to put in a game) who would have guessed Baba Yaga collected dolls. Then the game ended there for me i just couldn't pass the level i was going around in circles, probably because i was clicking the same route 24/7. There was like 8 or 10 dolls in total i only got 3-4. But the game was fun and i played through it twice and still couldn't do the maze thing (I suck at mazes they make me dizzy... yeah its me). When you get a dud ending you can always re-try again from the chapter selection screen. After playing i had to find out what a Baba Yaga was... and i was right all along it was a witch from those old fairy tales. To be honest with you i thought there was going to be voice acting in the game i don't know what made me think that... i think it was when i extracted the RAR file i saw a file that said "voice" or something and it kinda mixed me up not to mention that its 3AM.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga
So the story was based on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsarevitch ... _Gray_Wolf
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#21 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Starshine wrote:
That was a fun game the characters eyes, arms moved when they spoke. Baba Yaga was a very interesting character, she had some kind of head around her neck to which she explained was all the previous Yaga's/Witches.
I'm glad you liked Baba yaga. She's my favorite in the cast. I had the most fun writing her. What she's wearing is a wooden mask. :) Think in terms of the masks worn by ancient shamen.
Starshine wrote:
I died for a week... after doing that quiz and was put back together by Baba Yaga... but i eventually got through on my second chance.
I didn't like the idea of just ending the game right there, and being brought back to life by Baba Yaga is actually Traditional!
Starshine wrote:
Later i eventually was forced to hunt for dolls "Russian dolls" and you know they always come in a pack. (That was a unique idea to put in a game) who would have guessed Baba Yaga collected dolls. Then the game ended there for me i just couldn't pass the level i was going around in circles, probably because i was clicking the same route 24/7. There was like 8 or 10 dolls in total i only got 3-4. But the game was fun and i played through it twice and still couldn't do the maze thing (I suck at mazes they make me dizzy... yeah its me). When you get a dud ending you can always re-try again from the chapter selection screen.
I put in a Map for the maze that showed your location in the maze, you didn't see it? It was a link on the right.
The rooms are all in the dead ends.
Starshine wrote:
After playing i had to find out what a Baba Yaga was... and i was right all along it was a witch from those old fairy tales. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Yaga
Yes indeed she is!
Starshine wrote:
To be honest with you i thought there was going to be voice acting in the game i don't know what made me think that... i think it was when i extracted the RAR file i saw a file that said "voice" or something and it kinda mixed me up not to mention that its 3AM.
Just so you know, I will probably Never add voice-acting in my games. I read soooo much faster than most people can talk, so I consider voice-overs a nuisance that only slows down the story.
Starshine wrote:
Yes indeed it was! There's a link to the original story in the About section of the game.

ketskari
Veteran
Completed: Asher, Sunrise, Tell a Demon
Projects: Asher Remake, TEoA
Organization: Sun Labyrinth
Tumblr: sunlabyrinth
Deviantart: sunlabyrinth
itch: sunlabyrinth

#22 Post by ketskari »

OokamiKasumi wrote:I am absolutely thrilled you enjoyed my work. Thank you.
Showed it to someone else the other day. He kept telling me that he was glad I showed it to him (and he is usually not prone to excitement) and that the characters really stayed with him. I think it took him by surprise, because it's a free game and he's never played a VN before. :)

The writing is top notch. Do you have any plans to work on a commercial project?

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#23 Post by OokamiKasumi »

ketskari wrote:Showed it to someone else the other day. He kept telling me that he was glad I showed it to him (and he is usually not prone to excitement) and that the characters really stayed with him. I think it took him by surprise, because it's a free game and he's never played a VN before. :)
Wow... I'm thrilled your friend liked the game so much! Perhaps we have another VN addict?
ketskari wrote:The writing is top notch. Do you have any plans to work on a commercial project?
Thank you! Writing is actually my only true skill.
-- It's doubtful I'll ever make a commercial game. Unfortunately, I just don't have the cash to pay for the commercial rights to some of the sources I use, or to pay the team it would take to create one.

Duskylli
Regular
Completed: The Mishka Effect, Fairly Dangerous.
Projects: Palette Swap

#24 Post by Duskylli »

You released another game already!? o.o The story looks interesting. *Hits download*

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#25 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Duskylli wrote:You released another game already!?
Um... Yes? Is that bad? LOL!
Duskylli wrote:o.o The story looks interesting. *Hits download*
I hope you like it!

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Cain0425 »

i need help with this maze looking for this doll i only got fine two more doll pls help

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

#27 Post by OokamiKasumi »

Cain0425 wrote:i need help with this maze looking for this doll i only got fine two more doll pls help
There's a Map to the maze that shows where you are in it. The link is to the Right marked: "Map". Also...
The dolls are all located in the Dead Ends.

TLT

So it's you again ?

#28 Post by TLT »

Well, it is only my second post on this forum, and it seems it is for one of your games again (I really enjoyed the visitor) ? I think I must like them, then. ^_^

First, congratulations. The art is simply gorgeous, and perfectly fits the story, and the music is a wonderfull match as well. It is not moacube level yet (Gracjana Zielinska is hard to beat), but it is definitely one of the most gorgeous ren-py project I've yet played.
I enjoyed the story quite a lot as well. I love fairy tales from all over the world, and the russian setting makes it quite refreshing. So definitely, this one was for me.
At first I feared there wouldn't be many choices, or irrelevant ones, but I must say I really enjoyed discovering the "Don't choose wisely" advice was for real. Oh, the frustration when I got the lame ending on my first "be a good boy" run. I must say I enjoyed beeing foolish afterwards. A lot. :mrgreen:

Definitely on of my favorite ren-py games.
So congratulations and thank you very much for your hard work. You just officially became my favorite ren'py creator, and I will definitely try your other games. I'lll try to advertise your work here and there in france, using my poor means. (And I'll try to mention you properly, this time... When I tried the visitor, I stupidly assumed you were a man. All apologies, madame. :? )

However, I must report I have massive technical problems finishing the game, because of the maze part. I'm running the game on linux (debian stable 32 bits), and the maze part is buggy as hell. It does starts nicely, but after a while, everything starts falling apart. (hence I suspect a memory leak)... Colors flickering, elements disappearing, black screens, images resizing, you name it... And it eventually crashes. I managed to reach the exit with all dolls once... And was sent back to the beginning of the maze without any doll. Fatality. I guess I'll have to try and load my saves on a windows version I I want to finish this one.
I doubt you can do much about it, but I thought I should let you know. (What is the engine used for the maze BTW ? It is quite nice, appart from the crashing thing. I haven't seen it in any ren'py project I have yet played.)

Well, thank you again, a lot. That is the sort of project I'd like to see more often in ren'py.
That, and a "the visitor 2" of course. :mrgreen:

OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: So it's you again ?

#29 Post by OokamiKasumi »

TLT wrote:Well, it is only my second post on this forum, and it seems it is for one of your games again (I really enjoyed the visitor) ? I think I must like them, then. ^_^
Seriously? Then I must be doing something right... (Go me!)
-- Thank you!
TLT wrote:First, congratulations. The art is simply gorgeous, and perfectly fits the story, and the music is a wonderful match as well. It is not moacube level yet (Gracjana Zielinska is hard to beat), but it is definitely one of the most gorgeous ren-py project I've yet played.
Pardon me a moment while I attempt to scrape my jaw off the ground...
-- No One compares to MoaCube. Their art is so far away and beyond anything I've ever seen. But thank you again! It took two months to design just the characters. The game itself took six months to complete. (And I was sooo happy to finally reach the end of it!)
TLT wrote:I enjoyed the story quite a lot as well. I love fairy tales from all over the world, and the russian setting makes it quite refreshing. So definitely, this one was for me.
The Firebird is one of my all time favorite fairy tales. I was determined to do it justice. (Too many versions of the tale skip the parts where he Rides the wolf.)
TLT wrote:At first I feared there wouldn't be many choices, or irrelevant ones...
Very little railroading, as compared to The Visitor, anyway. I was not in a rush to finish this time.
TLT wrote:...but I must say I really enjoyed discovering the "Don't choose wisely" advice was for real. Oh, the frustration when I got the lame ending on my first "be a good boy" run. I must say I enjoyed being foolish afterwards. A lot. :mrgreen:
LOL! I throughly enjoyed making all those "goody-two-shoes" selections lead to Dead Ends. :)
TLT wrote:Definitely one of my favorite ren-py games.
Awesome!
TLT wrote:So congratulations and thank you very much for your hard work.
You're very welcome. I quite enjoyed it!
TLT wrote:You just officially became my favorite ren'py creator, and I will definitely try your other games.
Thank you! But... Oh god, now you're really going to be disappointed. You realize that you'll be working Backwards, right? From my best to my poorest...?
TLT wrote:I'll try to advertise your work here and there in france, using my poor means. (And I'll try to mention you properly, this time... When I tried the visitor, I stupidly assumed you were a man. All apologies, madame. :? )
Oh, I get that all the time. Apparently, my character just doesn't strike people as being female.
TLT wrote:However, I must report I have massive technical problems finishing the game, because of the maze part. I'm running the game on linux (debian stable 32 bits), and the maze part is buggy as hell. It does starts nicely, but after a while, everything starts falling apart. (hence I suspect a memory leak)... Colors flickering, elements disappearing, black screens, images resizing, you name it... And it eventually crashes.
Damn... That does sound like a graphics problem.
-- If you have the 2.0 version, and you do manage to finish the maze, that version has a Skip button so you only need to do the maze Once.
TLT wrote:I managed to reach the exit with all dolls once... And was sent back to the beginning of the maze without any doll. Fatality.
-- Ah, crap... And I made that maze super simple too! No monsters or anything.
TLT wrote:I guess I'll have to try and load my saves on a windows version, I want to finish this one.
I doubt you can do much about it, but I thought I should let you know.
-- I wish I had a clue on how to make it work for you...
TLT wrote:(What is the engine used for the maze BTW ? It is quite nice, apart from the crashing thing. I haven't seen it in any ren'py project I have yet played.)
The maze is Pure Renpy. Seriously!
-- It's all labels and jumps with only a small handful of graphics. I made the silly thing from Scratch because I just couldn't wrap my brain around the Dungeon Crawler maze coding. The file for it is gigantic too. Also, did you notice the Map? There's an indicator in it that shows where you are in the maze at all times. :)
TLT wrote:Well, thank you again, a lot. That is the sort of project I'd like to see more often in ren'py.
That, and a "the visitor 2" of course. :mrgreen:
This is the sort of project I wanted to make when I first discovered Renpy. Also, for some reason, all my Fairy Tale projects seem to come out the best.

Actually, I do want to make a Visitor Two. You see, I totally missed out on using either Frankenstein's Monster or the Wolfman. This error Must be corrected! As soon as I can get my hands on enough image files to actually make one... That's the real hold up -- finding enough graphics to actually make a whole story. There are tons and tons of images for (and from) Dracula, but hardly any at all for the other major monsters.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: Adventures of Prince Ivan 2.0 [VN](Fant/Adv)

#30 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I played until I got each and every ending- and I must say.. It was freakin BRILLIANT!! The art, story, GUI-- Just flawless!! Definitely one of my favorite games made by you!
i'll cry if you yell at me