One Night

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Linedhel

One Night

#1 Post by Linedhel »

As I mentioned here, I made a small game to give myself some familiarity with Ren'Py. Also to get back into the habit of writing. I haven't done enough of that lately.

It's mostly just whatever I took off the top of my head, but please enjoy it.

Two bad endings. One good ending. You'll know which is which.

edit: Huh. It runs differently on my desktop than on my laptop, color-wise. I should probably test it some more. I don't know why it would do this.
Attachments
One_Night.zip
(2.42 MiB) Downloaded 401 times

Ignosco
Veteran

Re: One Night

#2 Post by Ignosco »

It's an interesting story but it still feels more like a demo/work in progress, rather than a complete VN (unless you are aiming to make a purely text-based game). I'd suggest at the very least including a title on the main menu, and adding a few backgrounds (processed photographs would be the easiest way to go).

Linedhel

#3 Post by Linedhel »

That's really not far off the mark (well, it is, but not far).

As I mentioned in the other forum (first post linking to it), I plan on making something of epic proportions using the help of several friends. I'm a programmer/writer, but I know artists, musicians, and other writers. This is the result of my first day working with the engine. Part of its purpose is to show to my other-talented friends and get them interested in participating. I probably won't use this setting for my bigger project.

So, er... what I'm trying to say is that it is both a demo and a finished work.

A title would be good. I think I can do that.

n9261andvari
Regular
Location: Otherside of the world, when you sleep I'm awake...

#4 Post by n9261andvari »

Wow...pretty nice writing style you have there. I like the "Pain...look past it!" sentence the most. Hmm, so this is both a demo and unfinished work? I bet it would be pretty cool with pictures and stuff. Well I wish you luck with this piece. It's pretty good as an all text based novel.

Ignosco
Veteran

#5 Post by Ignosco »

Ah sorry, my previous post was a bit unclear (and I didn't read your linked post before playing - I assumed it was a completed game because of the forum it was posted in). I'd still recommend turning it from a complete demo to a complete game - but either way, I'm definitely looking forward to your bigger project :).