SOON [Scifi][Humour] **Now with new art!!**

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CyanDrake

Re: SOON [Scifi][Humour]

#16 Post by CyanDrake »

Cool, I love the concept! It's so fun to go from time to time to solve the puzzle and see how our actions affect the future! Also, I love the cartoony art style, it's simple but really interesting, it mixes well with the backgrounds. Congratulations on making such an unique and fun game!

TanteDante

#17 Post by TanteDante »

I LOOOOOVE THIS GAME!
Because: IT'S PERFECT!!!

... I have nothing more to say :D

spiral
Regular

#18 Post by spiral »

Oh gosh you guys are all so nice *blushes and hides*

(but thanks I really appreciate it :))

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#19 Post by Googaboga »

Yay so I finally got to play the game and it was fantastic. The gameplay was so interesting and fun and I loved all the characters. It was super enjoyable :>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Genod

#20 Post by Genod »

I'm glad this thread got bumped, because I'd never have noticed it otherwise. This is a fun little game that had me chuckling through a lot of its playing time, so I hope a lot of others look past its simple presentation and discover the smart writing underneath :)

filiaa

#21 Post by filiaa »

I was reluctant to play this game, because it seemed a little rushed, but I finally downloded it thanks to the comments praising you for this game. They were absolutely right about it!

This game may seem short, but it's so challenging : I had to retry a few times before winning, and sometimes to stop and think for a while before using the time machine. You never get frustrated when you loose because the explonation is relevent and logical each time. I also love the characters evolution and how different they are from traditional VN heroines. I'm fond of the MC which is, for once, a positive role model for girls and a women who, despite the errors she'd made and the fact that she is not perfect, deserves respect and admiration. I was so refreshing!

The plot is great, I was afraid of cheap SF when I saw the topic for the first time : I was so wrong! Everything works so well, is so coherent... The text is funny (though I'm not as enthusiastic as some of the other reviewers : I liked it and it made me smile, but that's all, after all, that's personal), well written (as far as I'm concerned, at least, but I'm not that good in english, so I don't know...)

I wish there were more VNs like that one. Maybe a longer one? (I guess there are, but I'm not here for long, so maybe I missed them...)

spiral
Regular

#22 Post by spiral »

You're all making me seriously consider redoing the art. Thanks again for all the feedback, it's really useful.

(And if there's more VNs like it I'd like to know so I could play them myself!)

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#23 Post by qirien »

Well, in the genre of mind-bending sci-fi VNs, I would include these:
Save the Date - funny, has some iterative elements similar to SOON, very meta
Gemini Rue - cyperpunk noir detective adventure game with some VN elements. (not free or Ren'Py)
Adrift - some similar themes of physical limitations and robots
Finished games:

spiral
Regular

#24 Post by spiral »

qirien wrote:Well, in the genre of mind-bending sci-fi VNs, I would include these:
Save the Date - funny, has some iterative elements similar to SOON, very meta
Gemini Rue - cyperpunk noir detective adventure game with some VN elements. (not free or Ren'Py)
Adrift - some similar themes of physical limitations and robots
Thanks!

elu.yki

#25 Post by elu.yki »

AAAAAAH, there have been so many moments in which I wished I could take an screenshot because the dialogues were the best thing EVER but then i realized I would have many many many of them XD. I loved so much Dr. Atlas!!! and the good ending was unexpected and hilarious as welll!! this was a really fun and entertaining game to play!! I laughed so many times reading the dialogues!! even though i got confused a bit with the time-traveling thingy because for a moment i got stuck but then it all worked nicely. :D

this is actually a game i've been wanting to play since forever, but i never gave myself a chance to play it, and now that I have, I'll treasure it forever and ever and ever and ever!! :D

spiral
Regular

Re: SOON [Scifi][Humour] **Now with new art!!**

#26 Post by spiral »

I have totally redrawn the art and uploaded the game to Itch.io! I am really happy with the new art, thanks to everyone who encouraged me back when it was dire :)