Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
DoubleEdge
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz
Location: Canada
Contact:

Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#1 Post by DoubleEdge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:47 pm

I love making games, but I never thought I'd end up making a visual novel. I made this recently using some helpful resources provided by the members here (I was stalking the forum without registering for a while). It was a lot of fun. Thank you OokamiKasumi for your beautiful text box! The sprites were made using the K.Hmix anime generator.

Scarlet Nightfall features:
• About 5-6 hours in length
• Ten different endings to discover
• Five girls for the main character, Rex to potentially end up with
• Some beautiful artwork

You can find some additional details at vndb.
http://vndb.org/v14140

It is a paid app, but it's only $3.99 CAN/US.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _Nightfall

User avatar
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:39 am
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#2 Post by Fenrir34 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:12 pm

It's looks fun but is there a mac version or windows version. Would be nice to have some other platforms because more people could play it

User avatar
OokamiKasumi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 am
Completed: 14 games released -- and Counting.
Organization: DarkErotica Games
Deviantart: OokamiKasumi
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#3 Post by OokamiKasumi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm so glad the textbox set worked well for you. It looks so much prettier in an actual VN!
-- The KHMix characters have a lot more expressions than I'd thought.

Congrats on completing your game!
Ookami Kasumi ~ Purveyor of fine Smut.
Most recent Games Completed: For ALL my completed games visit: DarkErotica Games

"No amount of great animation will save a bad story." -- John Lasseter of Pixar

User avatar
DoubleEdge
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#4 Post by DoubleEdge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Fenrir34 wrote:It's looks fun but is there a mac version or windows version. Would be nice to have some other platforms because more people could play it
I'm afraid there isn't. I do plan on bringing it over to iOS, but I'm not quite sure what's a good place to sell on Windows or Mac. Do you know any good places to sell?
OokamiKasumi wrote:I'm so glad the textbox set worked well for you. It looks so much prettier in an actual VN!
-- The KHMix characters have a lot more expressions than I'd thought.

Congrats on completing your game!
Thank you! Yeah, there's a good number of expressions to cover a good range of emotions.

User avatar
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:39 am
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#5 Post by Fenrir34 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:05 pm

Oh ok. I'll wait for the IOS version then. And besides lemmasoft being a place to get your game out there, there is the ren'py sight where you can post your game. Other then that sorry. I can't think of anything else :( . But I hope you do well with this release and good luck :)

User avatar
DoubleEdge
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#6 Post by DoubleEdge » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Fenrir34 wrote:Oh ok. I'll wait for the IOS version then. And besides lemmasoft being a place to get your game out there, there is the ren'py sight where you can post your game. Other then that sorry. I can't think of anything else :( . But I hope you do well with this release and good luck :)
Thanks. It shouldn't be too long until I can get the iOS version up. I'm having some trouble with my Mac right now that is slowing me down, but I think I'll be able to deal with it soon.

User avatar
redpandastudio
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#7 Post by redpandastudio » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Congratulations on the release!

It would be great if you could get PC and Mac releases. The UI looks a little overdone, but other than that it looks good.

User avatar
DoubleEdge
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#8 Post by DoubleEdge » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:21 pm

redpandastudio wrote:Congratulations on the release!

It would be great if you could get PC and Mac releases. The UI looks a little overdone, but other than that it looks good.
Thank you. I agree, it would be nice if I could get it released for PC and Mac, but I'm still not sure how I'd go about that.

Whew, getting it on Apple's App Store was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, but I've finally managed to do it.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scarlet ... ?ls=1&mt=8

User avatar
SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2299
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid
Location: NYC
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#9 Post by SundownKid » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:30 pm

DoubleEdge wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:It's looks fun but is there a mac version or windows version. Would be nice to have some other platforms because more people could play it
I'm afraid there isn't. I do plan on bringing it over to iOS, but I'm not quite sure what's a good place to sell on Windows or Mac. Do you know any good places to sell?
This is a good place to look: http://www.pixelprospector.com/the-big- ... rocessors/

(Requires you to have a website to sell it from though).

User avatar
DoubleEdge
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm
Completed: My Life as a Maiden, Artificial Mansion, The Queen of Blackwood High, Within a Rose, Dimension of Monster Girls
Organization: RhinoGearz
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Scarlet Nightfall [BxG, Commercial]

#10 Post by DoubleEdge » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Interesting. Thanks for the link. That could come in handy later on for me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]