Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough added

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Esphirisa
Regular

Re: Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough a

#91 Post by Esphirisa »

Haha first off I'd like to say thank you guys so much for such an awesome game!! It's been a long time since I've come on lemmasoft and I'm glad the first game I played after so long was yours. I was pleasantly surprised/absolutely thrilled by the great art, gripping way you tell your story, and the unexpected twist. And the music! It fitted in quite well and stirred up the right emotions at the right timings.
Playing Landon's route first, I had an inkling The Count knew Erik personally somehow but never expected him to be Erik... and I just love how you've been throwing subtle hints here and there.
Played the endings in one shot... I'm glad I'm on break, else I would have dropped everything I was doing to play~ Besides the guys (if I start I would probably rattle about them for ages<3), I really liked the female characters too. The lead's personality was charming; I could see how the guys fell for her. And their dialogue, especially arguing with Mr Bandages, was totally adorbs \o/ The General End was quite interesting. The character dynamics and everything were lovely to read.
I also liked how her life have changed in a significant way even though she didn't end up with anyone. I would totally love it if you guys came up with a mini-sequel or a patch, showing more of her after story with the guys! Especially Mr Wolf; they didn't have much screen time together out of disguise.
Thank you again, and will look forward to more of your work!

ixWishing
Veteran

#92 Post by ixWishing »

Okay so I finished all the endings in 2ish days! But I'm missing a cg D:
Can someone tell me how to get this cg? (I got all the endings but I didn't follow every exact step on the walkthrough, if this helps)
I covered the rest of the cgs so that I won't spoil them for anyone xD
So yeah, on page 4, I was wondering on how to get the top left hand cg ;w;

And also for my thoughts on the routes,
Each guy was different from each other, but each guy was freaking cute, especially Mr. Wolf <3
I went after Mr.Wolf at first, because he was way too cute ;w; I love his personality and asdfghjkl; he's soo sweet ;v;
However,
I'm kind of sad that Mr.Wolf didn't get a proper kiss cg (unless that's the cg I'm missing..) or get to spend a lot of time with the heroine outside of the event.. Also, why did Mr.Wolf get 4 endings? 8D Not that I mind, he's terribly cute <3 lol
But after re-playing his Good ending, I realized he's the only guy with no epilogue, like he doesn't have a scene for what happens after the Halloween event is over ;v; Or unless that's the cg I missed?
Next up, I went for Mr. Bandages! He's terrible with expressing himself, haha, and seems very demanding lol
Overall, he was interesting and was a nice touch to the team members ~ He got to argue a lot with his team members & get outvoted too many times, haha.

And finally, I went for The Count! I'm glad I saved him for last! If you're reading this and didn't get any of his endings yet, please do get his endings unless you want to spoil yourself!
The biggest shocker was that
The Count was Erik! I just thought they were brothers the whole time asdfghjkl; He gave a lot of subtle hints like saying "...My garden" and I can't believe the heroine didn't pick up on that lol
Everyone when they played the demo was like "Can we get Erik?" and the answer was "no" xD
And it turns out we could get Erik, aka The Count!
Overall, the vn was longer than I expected and I loved all the characters! The bad endings are sad, and the good endings are so cute ;w; ~
The part where the rooms were 'changed' was very creepy & spooky imo lol. It was a creepy, especially if you're wearing earbuds & playing that part at night xD I give you guys props for doing a huge turnaround in the Halloween event with this spooky part!
I'm also hoping that you guys will do a little epilogue after the good endings... Like when they go on that trip or how they'll become once they start dating lol But I'm happy with the endings though! c:
Last edited by ixWishing on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#93 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I don't mean to speak on behalf of the creators, but each character gets four endings, IIRC:
1. Bad ending while losing the contest

2. Bad ending while winning the contest

3. Good ending while losing

4. Good ending while winning
They're generally the same, but they do feature some changed dialogue at the end.

I'd consult the walkthrough if you're having trouble finding that last CG.

I thought it was rather appropriate that
Mr. Wolf didn't get a full-on kiss CG.
He's neither as charming as The Count nor as bold as Mr. Bandages. I feel it's important that the characters' personalities are maintained. I imagine Mr. Wolf may grow more comfortable with being more daring as he spends more time with Emma/the MC following the competition. If he suddenly kissed her, it would be contrary to all of his prior characterization. But that's just my opinion.

Since I'm posting in this thread yet again, I should probably expand on my assessment of the writing. It was decent, if simple, with descriptive passages that did their job, and strong dialogue. Keep working on your prose! It'll keep improving the more you write. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

ixWishing
Veteran

#94 Post by ixWishing »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I don't mean to speak on behalf of the creators, but each character gets four endings, IIRC:
1. Bad ending while losing the contest

2. Bad ending while winning the contest

3. Good ending while losing

4. Good ending while winning
They're generally the same, but they do feature some changed dialogue at the end.

I'd consult the walkthrough if you're having trouble finding that last CG.

I thought it was rather appropriate that
Mr. Wolf didn't get a full-on kiss CG.
He's neither as charming as The Count nor as bold as Mr. Bandages. I feel it's important that the characters' personalities are maintained. I imagine Mr. Wolf may grow more comfortable with being more daring as he spends more time with Emma/the MC following the competition. If he suddenly kissed her, it would be contrary to all of his prior characterization. But that's just my opinion.

Since I'm posting in this thread yet again, I should probably expand on my assessment of the writing. It was decent, if simple, with descriptive passages that did their job, and strong dialogue. Keep working on your prose! It'll keep improving the more you write. :)
Thanks for aiming this partly to me (I think?)
And well, I guess. But Mr. Wolf got 4 endings (like the ones you mentioned) but the others only got 2 (Either a good or bad)
I would consult the walkthrough for the last cg, but there isn't a way to find out how to get it in the walkthrough, without asking the creators of the vn :S (Or unless I missed the part where they mentioned where to get it)

And for Mr.Wolf, I agree with you that's he's not as charming as the others, but I would have been cute & nice for him to get one, haha.
I also agree that it's important that the characters' personalities are maintained, but heck,
Mr.Wolf did "grow a pair" as Mr.Bandages said once he kissed Emma on the stage lol so it would have been nice to get a proper kiss cg in the end, imo. ^^;;

Oh well, I'm mostly satisfied with the endings ^^. Thank you guys for spending so much time creating this vn!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#95 Post by Mad Harlequin »

You actually can achieve good and bad endings for Mr. Bandages featuring the victory/loss variations. I say this because I've found them. They're just not listed as separate endings in the list within the extras menu. As for The Count---I was mistaken. His bad ending forces Emma to leave without ever hearing the winners announced. But he still has three endings, if you want to be technical. I just checked.

It's true what you say about Mr. Wolf during a certain ending, but you have to remember that the team working on this didn't have tons of time. Perhaps we might have gotten an additional CG if there were more time to spare. C'est la vie!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

ixWishing
Veteran

#96 Post by ixWishing »

Mad Harlequin wrote:You actually can achieve good and bad endings for Mr. Bandages featuring the victory/loss variations. I say this because I've found them. They're just not listed as separate endings in the list within the extras menu. As for The Count---I was mistaken. His bad ending forces Emma to leave without ever hearing the winners announced. But he still has three endings, if you want to be technical. I just checked.

It's true what you say about Mr. Wolf during a certain ending, but you have to remember that the team working on this didn't have tons of time. Perhaps we might have gotten an additional CG if there were more time to spare. C'est la vie!
Ohh I wasn't aware ^^
Thanks for telling me! I might try out for those endings then! And haha, yea we might have gotten an additional cg, but yea, it's okay!
Thanks for replying back to me! c:
- Everlasting Dreams ;

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#97 Post by 15385bic »

Fuyuko wrote:I just finished all the good ends and here's what I think:
Tyler: like I said I don't like him as much as the others, actually I think he's the least attractive of the three. He's nice and all but I got bored playing his route and staring at his constantly blushing face just make it worse.
The Count: He's my favorite, I really like scenes of him teasing Mr Bandages and I have always liked the flirty type so I found his personality very charming.
Mr Bandages: He's a nice surprise because I didn't expected to like him that much, but he turned out to be very interesting, and very cute too. He also has a very kind personality, the scene when he helped the MC get out of the lake and get back to the mansion makes me go: "awwwwww" because we can see how good of a person he actually is. I don't like the MC thinks he's a jerk and run away from him when in the others's route she just accept immediately, I kinda understand how she felt when he said those things to her but still...In the end I think I like him even more than the Count, but maybe because I played his route last.
well we had three guys for a reason ^^' - if you dont like one, you may like another.
In regards to Mr B's rejection - he's actually not alone. The count was also rejected the first time after the kiss at the beach. Mr wolf is more relate-able with the mc due to his bg and therefore less conflict. Also Landon would not like it if they had hooked up first before he found out her bg. Landon would have thought she was a gold digger if she agreed to a proposition where he mentioned money and then he found out she wasn't rich>_>
Esphirisa wrote:Haha first off I'd like to say thank you guys so much for such an awesome game!! It's been a long time since I've come on lemmasoft and I'm glad the first game I played after so long was yours.
Oh i'm glad you enjoyed it! welcome back to the community~ there's lots of vn's now that u've probably missed ^^"
good luck sorting through them ;P
ixWishing wrote:Okay so I finished all the endings in 2ish days! But I'm missing a cg D:

Also, why did Mr.Wolf get 4 endings? 8D Not that I mind, he's terribly cute <3
the cg you are missing should be one you automatically get if you got Count's good ending
(where she hugs him on the balcony)
in regards to Mr wolf's four endings - it was due to the fact that his confession lay smack bang in the middle of the WIN/LOSE of the event, which changed the scenes. Count's and Model's ends were less affected by this.
and yes there was slight variations for WIN/LOSE for the other 2 as well.
ixWishing wrote:The biggest shocker was that
The Count was Erik! I just thought they were brothers the whole time asdfghjkl; He gave a lot of subtle hints like saying "...My garden" and I can't believe the heroine didn't pick up on that lol
Everyone when they played the demo was like "Can we get Erik?" and the answer was "no" xD
actually all we said was that Erik wasn't romance-able. you cant go straight for him :P u need to go after the count :P

ixWishing
Veteran

#98 Post by ixWishing »

15385bic wrote:
ixWishing wrote:Okay so I finished all the endings in 2ish days! But I'm missing a cg D:
Also, why did Mr.Wolf get 4 endings? 8D Not that I mind, he's terribly cute <3
the cg you are missing should be one you automatically get if you got Count's good ending
(where she hugs him on the balcony)
in regards to Mr wolf's four endings - it was due to the fact that his confession lay smack bang in the middle of the WIN/LOSE of the event, which changed the scenes. Count's and Model's ends were less affected by this.
and yes there was slight variations for WIN/LOSE for the other 2 as well.
15385bic wrote:
ixWishing wrote:The biggest shocker was that
actually all we said was that Erik wasn't romance-able. you cant go straight for him :P u need to go after the count :P
Ohhh I see! Thanks for telling me about the endings part ;v;
I shall try to get Count's good end again asdfghjkl; I got it but I didn't get the cg, but yea, I'll retry it!
Haha, I see.
Yea that's what I meant when I said no :d
I thought you couldn't romance Erik, so I thought it was a no-go. But I actually didn't know you could do so by going after The Count! So cheers to that~
Thanks for answering + spending time to create this! You guys are the best ♥ c:
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Sharane
Regular

#99 Post by Sharane »

First time I played the game, I get general ending though my favourite was Count and Mr. Bandages upset me
(What was his problem with the food? :twisted: )
Then I found the walkthrough - thanks for adding this - and I chose Count.
I don´t know why but I suspected him to be Eric almost from the very beginning. Though I liked the look of Eric much more than Count´s appearence, it was the behaviour and the way he treated her and the others what affected me the most. He was absolutely adorable and his path was so romantic... :)
I also tried the Mr. Bandage´s path.
Though his mumbling about the food was really annoying :D I like the way he slowly opened himself and showed that he had got also another face of his personality. The best moments of his path were at the boat when he cared about her not to be sick and also at the end where he turned to the shy and uncertain guy. I also like him at the end of the Count´s path at the ball. At that moment I was like: may be he isn´t so bad :wink:
And one question at the end... Is it possible to win the competition? :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

vana

#100 Post by vana »

Sharane wrote:
And one question at the end... Is it possible to win the competition? :)
Totally possible! If you're having trouble, just check their walkthrough; there's a link in the first post.

I forgot to add last time that my absolute favourite picture is that of the Count in the library because it feels like there's so much emotion behind it. Yep, I like it even more than the kiss drawings. If it weren't for that library scene, he'd only be my favourite character and not my favourite guy.

KiYa

#101 Post by KiYa »

Downloaded about 5 days ago, and now I feel kinda awkward to post a late comment. O_O

OMG! The feeling, just, *SQUEALLLLLLLLL*

As usual, I always aim for the bad endings first. I like to save the best for the later. That's more fun and less party pooper, I guess. .-.
Here goes my random and messy comment :

The first ending I get is the :
General Ending. I wouldn't call it a bad end though, I don't know why some people assumed it is. :/ I get to know the ice queen~ Haha, it's worth it. I wanna see just one pic of the ice queen and his butler please XD
The second ending I triggered out of curiosity is :
Mr Wolf's Good Ending [Win]. Haha, his flushed face is a winner. XD I love how he gets embarassed. And the way the ears reacted to his feelings. XD Where can I get this kind of costume?! Btw, is it the first time he's on a relationship with a girl? Because he said something like 'I can get used to it'. Lol, Tyler is somewhat a pervert. (Reference : last break day, and the scary scavenger hunt game thingy). My theory, is that Tyler used to be a fine badass. But because of people around him, he became somewhat a coward. You know how certain people was 'brainwashed' by their parents or other people like these are very scary, these will kill you and bla bla bla. Poor Tyler. At first I thought that Tyler might be an uke, but after the fighting the annoying guys, I had second thoughts XD
After the sweet ending, I tried to get a shot at Mr Bandages
Mr Bandages, really? I guess that's because he's not covered enough to be a mummy. Oh well. I aim for his sweet end, and finally got it after messing some things. I love this couple. Because I love how they 'friendly fight' each other.Polar opposites huh? Well, it's more better than 'exactly same in entire way' couples. So not interesting and original. That's why polar opposites are always better! Lol, he sure had a hard time in expressing his feelings. Ego-centric person, as they say. But I kinda understand his feelings. Actions speak louder than words, that's where I can sense his act of love. Seeing his blushing face makes it worth it all~ XD
After getting excited in getting MOAR romance, I begin to aim at Mr Count.
From the start of the game, at the second day with the bridge crossing and the count, I had a hunch that The Count and Erik is the same person. Then, after getting closer to the ending, I was like "Oh Em Gee, I KNEW IT. YOU CAN FOOL OTHERS AND THE MC BUT NOT ME, COUNT. NOT ME!" I like his ending best of all. The way he confesses was so sweet, that I shed tears for him. Though I was quite unsatisfied with how it ends. "I told you I would come and met you sooner. Then End. And I was sitting in front of my laptop hoping for something else, even past the credits I didn't even skip. Because I was expecting something to happen. Dang, stupid me.
That's the ending I got so far. Sorry though. I wanted to play more, until I've completed all the endings, but my laptop broke down and, yeah, it broke. I can't wait to finish it though. Hope it will be repaired shortly. Dx

Overall, all I can say is :
1. I love how you gave the nicknames to the guys.
2. How each character actually 'live' in this visual novel. It wasn't easy to bring out your characters traits in a story.
3. Is it just my eyes, or Mira's sprite was not that smooth?
4. The reason I get the feeling from the beginning that The Count and Erik is the same person is because I can't quite differentiate their character. I guess after reading through his route quite a lot of times, you meant to say that The Count is somewhat a flirt while Erik is just your average gentleman. Or is it the other way round?
5. The games! It's so fun and interesting!! I love the part where you get to go through the maze and Mr Wolf kinda stutters and gives you somewhat wrong direction. I was nearly trolled though XD
6. That Kippie onesie!! If you're decided to sell things like that, I'll be sure to BUY IT! Please tell me where I can find one XD
7. Did the Tyler in this game refers to the Tyler who sang the two of the awesome tracks in this game? Is he really like that in person? Haha, just exaggerating XD
8. What's the lyric for the girl ghost song? I can't make out the lyrics well. I wanna know it though, out of curiosity. And the song is nice. I like it. :D
9. I also kinda hope that after I've completed all the endings, there will be more surprises. Like 'extra story' or something, but I know it is too much to ask. Sorry. I know you guys've been busy. > <
10. Sorry if you feel offended or something, because sometimes I meant something, but instead I said something else which bring an entirely different meaning. > <
Lastly, sorry for the long comment. XD
I'll be sure to comment again after playing other ends. :D
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#102 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I keep coming back to this thread for some reason. Hmmm. Anyway, I'll address a few things.

The little ghost girl sings "Ring around the rosie/ A pocket full of posie(s)/ Ashes, ashes/ They all fall down."

Urban legend says this song originally described symptoms of the plague, but that's actually incorrect, according to folklorists. But that's the song, and it's creepy enough for the game's purposes. :lol:

The other thing I should address is that because of
who The Count really is, you're really not meant to see the two as separate halves after a certain point. Even when not on his route, there are several little hints about his true identity, though Emma/the MC thinks nothing much of them unless pursuing The Count. Physical similarities aside, an astute player will notice, as I did, the following:
  • 1. Erik and The Count speak in similar ways and have low-pitched voices and laughs. 2. The Count immediately knows how to access the kitchen. 3. The Count is not visibly present during the accidental kiss scene. 4. Both Erik and The Count are fond of Kippy. 5. At some point during a talk with Emma, The Count almost refers to Erik's gardens as "my gardens," but manages to correct himself before she catches on. 6. Erik and The Count both appear to be familiar, and friendly, with Mr. Bandages.
I think that's everything. My point is that you're meant to see that the two are actually two sides of the same coin and not separated into "flirt/gentleman" personas. I actually really loved that. It's more realistic. Most people cannot completely separate their public and private selves, and I'm willing to bet that even accomplished actors can't do it, either. There will always be an element or two of the real person that bleeds into whatever of his or her public side exists.
That's my take, anyway. :D
— Mark Twain

KiYa

#103 Post by KiYa »

Ahh, thanks for the lyrics! Is it based on a folktale or something? Interesting~ Thanks! :DD
Btw, I may have confused my words myself. I'm not implying that they're different persons, just, erm, how to put it, more like misunderstanding personality. A gentleman is a gentleman. Though some people says that a gentleman is a flirt no matter how you look at it. Sorry Erik.

Thanks for stating that~
Gwah, shut up mouth! The more words get out, the more confused I become. Dang. Haha, Ignore me, really
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#104 Post by Lire »

Must post something for this XD.
:mrgreen: Here's link to my review.
http://scan-vn.blogspot.com/2014/02/hal ... .html#more
Thanks so much for this otome <3~
:wink:
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

notimportantprs

#105 Post by notimportantprs »

Soo I played through 2 endings and thought I'd leave my thoughts here as feedback :)
First of all, thank you very much for making this game! And for free, too! I could see how much effort you've put into it, both from the length and the quality of the art.
The things that I liked were:
-The original idea and the plot of the game. Having everyone in costumes was really cool, and all those mini-games and tasks made the story feel really interactive, and I didn't get bored with having to read for too long. At some points though, I felt like some information was lacking, like
why Erik decided to have this be the last party, even though I did play through his good ending where I thought that info would be revealed
, but maybe it's just because I haven't played all the routes yet.
I especially liked the idea of the Count being Erik. I mean, I figured it out almost right away when I started his route, but it was still a nice twist. I remember thinking when I saw the demo that no way would a guy as hot as Erik not have a route. XD
-The art. The CGs, the background and the sprites, all of them very so detailed and well done! Especially the MC's white jumper, soooooo cute! And all of the outfits were very cool, too.
-The music. It fit well into the scenes, especially the creepy underground one at the end. Loved the little girl's song!

The two things that I didn't quite like were the characters and the way their relationships developed. I mean, I didn't hate it or anything, their interactions were still pretty cute and romantic in the cliche way I guess (not that I mind some cliche with my otome from time to time). It's just that the way the relationship between the MC and the guys - I played Bandages and the Count - developed felt very superficial to me. Sure, in a setting such as this and over the time of only 2 weeks it's pretty much impossible to develop anything truly substantial, but still, I felt as if something in their interactions was lacking. Partly because the guys were pretty stereotypical - you've got the tsundere, the playboy and the shy guy - and partly because I couldn't really emphasize with the MC. I wish you could've given me more insight into her thoughts during the game; characterization through dialogue is all fine and dandy, but more inner monologues would've been appreciated as well. Coupled with the fact that the guys, in my opinion at least, didn't have a lot of emotional depth or reasons for the way they acted, any connection formed between the guy and the MC didn't feel believable or serious to me. And thus, their supposed 'feelings' and how both the MC and the guys expressed them felt way over the top - because I couldn't see how such deep feelings could've developed between them based upon what had happened so far.

Example:
The way Erik seemed to fall in love with the MC so quickly. Like, he seemed to have this image of her as 'the only girl who doesn't care about his wealth and sees his true self' almost from the very first times they interacted with each other. When basically, he doesn't know anything about her at all. Granted, I as the player basically know nothing of the MC either, because of the reasons explained above. So to me, it seemed like they just barely met and all of a sudden they're having these dramatic conversations about masks and lies and love when really, nothing much actually happened between them to seem this close.
Maybe I'm just taking all of this waaay to seriously, but 'credibility' or 'legit feelings' I guess you could say, heavily influence how much I enjoy a game. I mean, I did enjoy the game, or I wouldn't have played through 2 routes, but if it was me, I would've either made the time longer than two weeks - to give the relationship more time to develop, or I would've lightened up on the drama and made it all more light-hearted, without dramatic love confessions and more like 'we are attracted to each other and we're giving it a shot to see what happens'.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come off as insulting or anything; I'm amazed by the amount of work you've put into it, in your free time as well! And I do also like the game and the routes. I just think next time you could do even better - though that's just my personal opinion, of course. :)