Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough added

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MimirollCookie
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Best Friends (DRAMA), Sweet and Spices (NaNo16)
Projects: Cupid's Wish, Best Friends Deux
Organization: Pastelle Studios
Deviantart: MimirollCookie

Re: Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough a

#181 Post by MimirollCookie »

Finished downloading it!!
It's cute!!!
"If they can do it, you can do it too! make them do it. They can do it, right?" :lol:
Getting a new laptop. Hopefully going back to VN making! (BWAHAHA)

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#182 Post by 15385bic »

@MimirollCookie - thanks =D I hope you enjoyed the game

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#183 Post by AsHLeX »

I actually played this awhile ago but forgot to comment on it. ^^"
I managed to get all the endings except for the bad ones.
The story was very sweet and made me go all fluffy inside. And incredibly funny at times too.
I think I like the count the best :D
The second last trial was pretty scary though. I kept covering the screen with my hand. Mostly because I was playing in the wee hours of morning. Hehe. Can't really take horror. But love the effects though.

I thought that the festival scene was so cute - especially the yukata's. >w< To think that they had to make the whole festival in a day's notice xP
(Btw, I kind of like the count's butler's awesome attitude haha. Especially when he was interrupting the two of them.)

I think my favourite scene was the firefly scene though. So pretty!!

If you don't mind me asking, what code did you use for that? >o< Sorry for the trouble.
A great game, great art. I'll definitely recommend it to some of my friends. ^_^
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#184 Post by Harliqueen »

I finally got around to playing this, and it was brilliant! :D Really enjoyed the moments throughout and...
I think, as with most people, I enjoyed the Count the best. What a twist! Didn't expect him to turn out to be who he was!

Really enjoyed the task with the ghost, I'm not usually freaked out by horror, but that really had me on edge of my seat!
An absolutely fantastic VN!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#185 Post by Corynth »

AsHLeX wrote:I actually played this awhile ago but forgot to comment on it. ^^"
I managed to get all the endings except for the bad ones.
The story was very sweet and made me go all fluffy inside. And incredibly funny at times too.
I think I like the count the best :D
The second last trial was pretty scary though. I kept covering the screen with my hand. Mostly because I was playing in the wee hours of morning. Hehe. Can't really take horror. But love the effects though.

I thought that the festival scene was so cute - especially the yukata's. >w< To think that they had to make the whole festival in a day's notice xP
(Btw, I kind of like the count's butler's awesome attitude haha. Especially when he was interrupting the two of them.)

I think my favourite scene was the firefly scene though. So pretty!!

If you don't mind me asking, what code did you use for that? >o< Sorry for the trouble.
A great game, great art. I'll definitely recommend it to some of my friends. ^_^
Thanks :D The firefly code was basically just a modified version of this snow code from the cookbook.
Harliqueen wrote:I finally got around to playing this, and it was brilliant! :D Really enjoyed the moments throughout and...
I think, as with most people, I enjoyed the Count the best. What a twist! Didn't expect him to turn out to be who he was!

Really enjoyed the task with the ghost, I'm not usually freaked out by horror, but that really had me on edge of my seat!
An absolutely fantastic VN!
Thank you! :D

Arkhane
Regular

#186 Post by Arkhane »

Hello,

I just finished one route of this game, and it was awesome!
I loved the graphics, humour, story line....

Thank you for all of your hard work. The result is worth it. :3

Fantasysci5

#187 Post by Fantasysci5 »

OMG, this game!!! XD *squee* I joined this forum specifically to tell you that this is by far my favorite VN or dating sim I have ever played. I can't believe it's free. The graphics are gorgeous, including the characters, the music is amazing and I even downloaded the theme song. This is the first dating sim that I've actually wanted to go back and play again and do a different route. Usually I play it once and only really want one guy, so for me to like all 3 is something (I like the Count best, and I liked Mr. Bandages more than I thought I would). I really loved that if you chose one guy's path, the others wouldn't get jealous over you or anything. I loved the friendship of them all, and really enjoyed the general ending, although the Count's ending is my OTP. I loved that the Ice Queen wasn't made out to be mean or a competition for the guys, and the Butler was awesome, and I just loved this to bits. And I loved the MC and her love of food, she was really likeable which I wasn't expecting in games like these.

I've played all the good endings, but don't have the heart to play the bad endings and see my babies all sad. Should I suffer through? The one thing I would have liked to have seen maybe was
the puzzle on Day 11 be the last puzzle. It was so dark, and the tension between her and her love interest felt like it was at its peak. And even though in the back of your mind you knew the dark parts of the puzzle were just a part of the game, it still felt like maybe something went wrong and this was real. I dunno, but I thought the whole tension and all of them disappearing would have been great as the last puzzle, instead of the festival day. Anyway
I'm eagerly awaiting the Valentine Otome and any other games you produce, and when it comes out I'm definitely going to buy it. I don't really know what to play after this awesomeness. :( If you have any recommendations of games almost as awesome as this one, (with female protagonists and multiple characters to pursue with a kick-ass story like this) I'd really appreciate it! I've never played one as good and awesome as this one!

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#188 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Alright, I dunno why I didn't came here sooner, because honestly Halloween Otome is probably my favorite english otome game ever and you a lovely, wonderful person for making it and I wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this glorious game. I am a huge Halloween nerd and it's like my favorite holiday ever (even though where I live people don't celebrate Halloween and it's not even a holiday, how sad is that?) but what makes me love your game so much is not just that but also the plot, the lovely art, the mini games, and pretty much everything (but especially...the COUNT!! He is one of my all time favorite characters. Seriously, before playing the game I couldn't even remember when was the last time that a otome guy gave me that much feels as him. I almost skipped class to finish his route because damn, I would marry that guy in a heartbeat even if marriage is something that I don't even consider for my life, but anyway, for him I would... I mean, if I was a 2D otome gal, lol. I will shut up now, okay?).
It's hard to say what I love the most about the whole game, because what's not to love, really? Everything is just perfect. However, I'm sure you'll want a better feedback, so here's mine:
Like I said before, Erik/The Count is my favorite character of all. He's just so funny and charming that's impossible not to fall for him haha. And I love all the CGs in the game but one plus is that his route has the best CG gallery of all (or maybe I'm just biased and I'm saying that because he is so good-looking that I'll think he looks incredibly handsome in any way lol. But a downside of his route was the protag. I have to say that overall I liked her, especially in the Tyler/Mor Wolf route, but in Count's route Emma was seriously annoying at some points. I mean, she is funny and better than the average otome main gal but sometimes while playing Count's route she got on my nerves with her personality. I get that she has a short temper and all but her sometimes ''brute'' personality seemed a bit off and that annoyed me a little. But her love for food is golden and soo soo funny, haha.
Besides Erik being my favorite and everything Mr Wolf's route was the one that I actually think it's the best one, simply because it is great to see Tyler's ''personal growth'' and how he can let go of his shyness around Emma. Plus, he is just so sweet and caring that it's hard not to fall for this guy, even if I don't go for the shy, cutesy type of guy. Mr Bandages is also great, a jerk with a heart of gold, right? He doesn't look like it, but is a funny character. He actually has the funniest moments in the game, and his jealousy side turned everything more interesting and made him a more complex and deep character.
But it is like I said, what's not to like about this game? Everything is perfect, and you get cookie points for the whole Halloween theme. And I don't know if you've been asked this before, but do you have plans for releasing more games based on holidays? Can we expect a Christmas Otome, a St Patrick's Day Otome or Easter Otome? lol.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#189 Post by 15385bic »

sakurakimuchi wrote:And I don't know if you've been asked this before, but do you have plans for releasing more games based on holidays? Can we expect a Christmas Otome, a St Patrick's Day Otome or Easter Otome? lol.
LOL - we do have ideas about other holiday otomes XD
But definitely know that were super slow and can barely finish VO
Really glad you liked the game
Fantasysci5 wrote:If you have any recommendations of games almost as awesome as this one, (with female protagonists and multiple characters to pursue with a kick-ass story like this) I'd really appreciate it! I've never played one as good and awesome as this one!
Paid or free?
My favourite otomes are "love revo" which is patched on DS, Tokimeki girl side, Nameless, Dandelion, Doppleganger, Planets (and theres prob many more which I cant recall off the top of my head)

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#190 Post by Corynth »

We're proud to announce the release of the Halloween Otome Fan Book!

The Halloween Otome Fan Book is a digital book showcasing exclusive art and extras from Halloween Otome. It contains spoilers and is best seen after finishing the game.

It features:
  • Art from Halloween Otome
  • Comics featuring the Halloween Otome characters
  • Over 20 extra scenes spanning from before to after the events of Halloween Otome
  • Profiles of the characters
  • New images
  • Sketches
  • Outtakes
  • ... And more!
You can download it for free from its page on itch.io. We've also added our other games to itch.io as well.
If you choose to pay for the book your donations will go towards assets(BGs, music, etc) for Valentines Otome.

The first 40 people to donate $20US or more will receive a free 8GB Halloween Otome USB. Just remember to add your shipping details. It is limited though, so act fast!
Last edited by Corynth on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alia
Regular

#191 Post by Alia »

Yay! I'd been wanting to give you guys money for a while, now.

I definitely recommend people buy it; I'm really enjoying it so far.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#192 Post by 15385bic »

Alia wrote:Yay! I'd been wanting to give you guys money for a while, now.

I definitely recommend people buy it; I'm really enjoying it so far.
I'm glad you're enjoying the book 83
Any sections u enjoyed more than others? Feel free to run spoilers ~

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#193 Post by JBShields »

Hi,

I loved Halloween otome. It was very cute and memorable. When will Valentine's Otome be finished? Do you plan to make one game for each major holiday?

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#194 Post by 15385bic »

JBShields wrote:Hi,

I loved Halloween otome. It was very cute and memorable. When will Valentine's Otome be finished? Do you plan to make one game for each major holiday?
Valentines otome is still going to take some time. No actual date since we don't know when it will be finish. We've written quite a bit (200000+ words) but still quite a ways off. And yes we do have some other holiday otomes planned but those are a long way off. Hopefully the next game won't take us as long as the Valentines one 😅

Fantasysci5

#195 Post by Fantasysci5 »

Thank you so much for making the fan book! I am reading through it right now, and it is so amazing! I'm thinking about getting the USB, although I don't really need another USB. But Halloween Otome is my favorite VN and/or otome, so I'm so happy to get the chance to show my support and donate!

I love all of the behind the scenes, the creator's thoughts of different things, and all of the little details. And the steamy pictures are awesome! Thank you again!