Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough added

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MasqueradePrincess

Re: Halloween otome [GxB] - Tyler's OP EP mp3 + walthrough a

#136 Post by MasqueradePrincess »

I LOVED this game so much! You did a very good job on it; the cg's are beautiful and I really love the music! :) It's definitely worth playing more than once, the characters are so interesting; it's fun getting to know them and how they think. I truly love this game!! <3 =]

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#137 Post by 15385bic »

anniexchocolate wrote:I'm such an idiot...
BUT I FORGIVE HIM. HOW COULD I STAY MAD AT HIM. HE'S PERFECT. I'VE PLAYED HIS GOOD ENDING LIKE 10 TIMES ALREADY <3
off to play the wolf guy~
P.S. I absolutely love the protagonist and how she prioritizes food. I think we would be great friends :D FOOD FTW
XD i'm glad you enjoyed his ending but surely you'll get bored after 10 rounds
and you're not an idiot - quite a few ppl missed it ^^'
and yup - food wins overall =D
Godline wrote: Just some advice:
- If I were you, I would flip the sprite of the Count during his route. It makes it seem like his back is to Emma for most of it, and would look less weird if that was fixed.
- what is with ending lines with "~"? Sure it's cute but it looks unprofessional.
- in the Count's route I saw you had "anymore" when it should have been "any more". Don't remember where but it was a grammar thing that stood out to me.
Yeah if you can figure out which day in count's route that was - it'd be great - although not sure if we'd patch only for that...
(still can't believe after all this time mistakes still getting found. You should've seen the beginning, absolutely littered with errors <--bad with proofreading own stuff.)
the "~" was probably mainly the count - he is childish >_>'. Well at heart anyways. PS. we're not professional so guess that means anything goes? :P
I'm kidding - will take that to mind.
Emma isn't really in that small left hand corner so his back isn't really facing her. She's mainly there to show her emotions and reactions visually.
MasqueradePrincess wrote:I LOVED this game so much! You did a very good job on it; the cg's are beautiful and I really love the music! :) It's definitely worth playing more than once, the characters are so interesting; it's fun getting to know them and how they think. I truly love this game!! <3 =]
Ah thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it =]

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#138 Post by MomoiroGirl »

15385bic wrote:
MomoiroGirl wrote:Hey, so i just did my first playthrough and got Wolf's good end (and btw I would so jump him at the first chance I got if he were real XD), but even though I solved all the puzzles as said in the walkthrough, I still didn't win Erik's game, could something be wrong wit the game? D: I got the updated version of the game and all..
you got a 5 in everything (or most of the games) and still lost??? and this is for Mr Wolf's path???
You should win Erik's game if you get at least 40/45 points (i think this was the number)
if you turned off minigames as an option - the points are awarded randomly

Sorry for the very late answer, I've been on a sort of hiatus XD But yea, I did the minigames myself, exactly as instructud on Mr. Wolf's path, did everything I was told, and I still didn't win the game :/

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#139 Post by 15385bic »

MomoiroGirl wrote: Sorry for the very late answer, I've been on a sort of hiatus XD But yea, I did the minigames myself, exactly as instructud on Mr. Wolf's path, did everything I was told, and I still didn't win the game :/
i'm not sure whats wrong - ^^'
considering i know others have completed the cg gallery before - it means that it is possible to win <-- also means its something on your side >.< sorry! i cant be of more help - i have no clue why you cant win with wolfy.

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#140 Post by MomoiroGirl »

15385bic wrote:
MomoiroGirl wrote: Sorry for the very late answer, I've been on a sort of hiatus XD But yea, I did the minigames myself, exactly as instructud on Mr. Wolf's path, did everything I was told, and I still didn't win the game :/
i'm not sure whats wrong - ^^'
considering i know others have completed the cg gallery before - it means that it is possible to win <-- also means its something on your side >.< sorry! i cant be of more help - i have no clue why you cant win with wolfy.
Aaaw D: Well, guess I'll just have to try again sometime TT___TT

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#141 Post by sasquatchii »

I just finished this the other night! I. LOVED IT!!!
I figured it out halfway through the game!! Haha. It took me a minute but I finally caught on.
I am definitely going to be keeping tabs on your works in progress and future games :D
ImageImage

Ghost-Rain

#142 Post by Ghost-Rain »

This is an amazing game. I love the characters so much I can't even pick a favorite. I'm just going to steal them all and keep them forever. The music was amazing too. I kept the main screen on for hours at a time just to hear the song, while I did other things. Please thank your friend for giving the music away for free. I have both songs on my mp3 player now.

Back to the game, before I get off topic. I'm terrible at mini-games [kind of like the Count and certain games :) ] I had to look at the walk-through for those. Thank you for putting one up. It made the game more enjoyable. I still really can't decide if I like the Count and his flirtatiousness, Mr Bandages and his moodiness, or Kippy and its cuteness more than the others. :D This really is a fun game. I think I've gone through all of the playthroughs a few times, and I'm not even close to being bored.

I can't believe I downloaded this game just because of "Yellow Jumper's" little scene there in the first post. I'm ashamed now. The game is so much better than that [not insulting him of course, but that's not the game at all!]

Ooh, tumblr says that Myra's your next games protagonist. :D :D :D :D :D Her personality alone should make it interesting.

juniperandlamplight

#143 Post by juniperandlamplight »

I loved this game so much! The art is beautiful, the music is awesome, and the characters are so well developed!

I liked Wolf's character the best personally, he's so freakin' adorable and sweet, you don't even want to know how many times I said "awww" on his route; plus I found it extremely amusing when
Emma says that they can be a normal couple in public since he wears wigs and such on stage, since I'm now picturing him as a cross between k-pop idol and Hannah Montana.
However, I think I actually consider the Count's good ending to be the 'true' ending, if such a thing can be said of a game where all of the routes make just as much sense and are so well fleshed-out for the characters.
Reading a couple of the comments, I might be in the minority with this (?), but I figured out that he was Erik fairly easily, probably after the second ending I completed (the first being the General, the second being Landon's bad). I'm not sure how much of a surprise that was supposed to be though - I don't think that's a good or bad thing either way, but I'm curious as to when you expected/intended the audience to suss it out, since it's an interesting twist.
I think I consider it that because they had the most hurdles to overcome,
what with his reluctance to bare his mask, and hers to let herself take the leap - she has the hardest time really believing in his care for her in this route
. Gah, I don't think I'm expressing myself well, it's not like love that comes easier is any less valuable, just... That they BOTH had to be vulnerable and open themselves up, which doesn't happen to both to the same degree in the other paths, seems to make it the most dynamic to me.

Then Mr. Bandages. This is slightly hard to explain because my feelings are complicated. First of all, I liked his character the least, though I did like him a lot better, and a lot more than I expected, once I got to know him on his route - I'm just not a huge tsundere fan. But yet I somehow thought his route the best after the Count's? I think it's because their relationship had so much growth, and, as you can tell from my rambling above :wink: , I really like that.

And after all that, I'll still probably play wolfy's ending again before any of the others. I just love his character the best, and I love imagining Emma and Mira teasing him, and the day he finally teases them back, or makes an innuendo, or even just a 'that's what she said' and they're surprised and DELIGHTED.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#144 Post by 15385bic »

thanks to all the people who enjoyed the game
and for all those who had previously asked us about english voices - here's something you may like
a HALLOWEEN OTOME LETS DUB! ep 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-N_vQhvUAU

THANKS SO MUCH TO THE LETS DUB TEAM http://letsdubproject.tumblr.com/
this was the best surprise ever! T^T

Shaples
Regular
Completed: Christmas Sweaters
Projects: White Lie, Tropichu!

#145 Post by Shaples »

Eee! Thank you for bumping this thread! What a fantastic game! Maybe the first otome that I've played that was so good that as soon as I beat it, I immediately wanted to replay the route I'd just finished. Great characters, great writing, and great fun, not to mention perfectly seasonally appropriate. 10/10 will probably be obsessively playing this for a while :D

Erikka
Regular

#146 Post by Erikka »

One of the best otome-games ever! Amazing job! You're so talented!

The route I liked the most was Mr Bandage's! He was the most interesting and handsome character and his ending was very realistic and emotional for me. It was just so much fun to watch the development of his feelings for the heroine!)) I loved how they were arguing) His speech at the party and at Emma's house - were just epic! Mr Bandages is now in top-5 of my favorite otome-guys! :) I'm so happy you made him exactly the way he is! :mrgreen:

The character I liked the least was Mr. Wolf because I'm not into timid and sweet guys(and he was way too sweet for my taste). He was too predictable for me as well. But I can understand why many other players liked him.

Thank you for this masterpiece. I will replay it many times in the future, especially Mr Bandages route!)
Last edited by Erikka on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

michan
Regular
Projects: The Witch's Tomb (wip), Caraltian Cookoff (wip), Detective Cross (wip)

#147 Post by michan »

So I've played this (mostly because it's that time of the year :lol: ) and whee, it was fun! Played Mr. Wolf first because he's so adorable! (Mr. Wolf x Emma x food is my OTP for this<3) The minigames were a nice touch... only thing that bugged me a little was the minigame where you
had to follow the sequence, because there was not much indication as to when a sequence ended
and I had to retry a few times because I sorta jumped the gun. Overall, nice art, nice story, and perfect for lovers of Halloween and otome games! Good job!
Coming SoonSometime Next Year! ^^
Detective Cross & the Raven Hall Riddles (DEMO OUT!)
Image Image

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#148 Post by NiKaWo »

Absolutely loved it, kept me busy all day! The art was nice and the characters were very lively, I really hope to see more of your work soon. ...Even if I, a poor college student, have to pay $25 for it. :P The final challenge was... Unexpected though haha.
I guess my only 'complaint' isn't actually a complaint at all, just an observation. On my first playthrough (I got the general ending for that one) I went to the library and after that scene... Immediately figured out the big 'spoiler' with Erik. It was still a great game but it kinda made me laugh to see my character's reactions later on (on another playthrough where I WAS pursuing The Count) and her ridiculous obliviousness.
Anyway, I give it a 5/5. Very impressive. (Especially for a free game).

Jodiexxx

#149 Post by Jodiexxx »

I created an account just to post this and tell you how much I loved it!
First of all, SQUEEEAL. I squealed so hard - at the start of the VN, during, and at the end! (it's using up all my self-restraint and willpower not to capslock and just type incoherent rubbish here.) I only just finished my first route -- Erik's good ending, and I have to say I'm totally in love with him! I don't even know how to express my feelings - I'm just bursting with delighted exclamation marks and swooning.

Now I'll try to say something more concrete. I have to say, I'm not the most observant person...I didn't realize he was Erik at all until Joshua opened the balcony doors. LOL. Which is good! I was totally caught off guard, but also a little betrayed. I mean, he didn't tell Emma at all; I was a little surprised she wasn't really angry at him. But that's good for me too I guess HAHAHA I just wanted to see them get together already, since I was annoyed at Emma for turning him down and torturing the poor guy (loved seeing him pine BTW *fangirls*)!

There's a slight issue with one of the minigames though, the one where you had to spot the difference between the original Kippy and the new one! Because I couldn't see the original at all side by side so I actually had to reload the game to try and memorise the differences before going to the game and giving it a proper go! But other than that the other minigames were great!

I was enchanted by The Count the first time he made his appearance. He was so swoon-worthy. And the flirting! That was my favorite part actually, but I guess it's probably bad for Emma he's such an undiscriminating flirt. Oops, sorry for the random insert. I was going to talk about Mr. Wolf but I got distracted :x

Anyway, I thought Mr. Wolf was really cute! Much better than Mr. Bandages anyway! I was planning on going after him next, but after reading all the posts declaring the awesome personality change in Mr. B it's kinda got me into a dilemma *cries* I think i'll try Mr. Bandages first! Normally I love tsunderes but his looks in the bandages kinda turned me off a bit! But he did look good when I accidentally went to the cafe well known for good food and scenery though (I immediately reloaded and tried until I found Erik at the famous bakery haha), so I guess that's a start at least! I can't wait to replay it! But it's 11.37PM here right now and I have to get up early tomorrow morning...

I just wanted to say how much I loved this and thank you so much for the wonderful game! The art was beautiful (yeah, considering how many words I spent swooning over The Count) and the storyline was surprisingly long and so satisfying!
I might come back after I've tried Mr. B's route HAHA.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#150 Post by 15385bic »

Jodiexxx wrote:I might come back after I've tried Mr. B's route HAHA.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! 8D
and hope you do come back to tell us what you think about Mr B. Personally - i'm a tsundere fan~
a;though thats not saying much coz i like a lot of other types too ^^'fan...although
NiKaWo wrote: I really hope to see more of your work soon.
...we're slow QAQ
I'D like to see more work from us too OTL
michan wrote:So I've played this (mostly because it's that time of the year :lol: )
lol - everyone use to say what a strange title we gave it but that title is totally the reason why we have people randomly stumble across it during OCT :P
Erikka wrote:Mr Bandages is now in top-5 of my favorite otome-guys!
WOOHOO! go Mr B 8D

lol
Shaples wrote:I immediately wanted to replay the route I'd just finished.
now thats what every creator wants to hear T^T!
thanks so much and glad you enjoyed it