Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

Re: Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

#16 Post by llplldll »

Kayber wrote:So I started playing your game and it's cute. I like the art style and the fact that you created your own engine is really impressive. Of course, there are a few bugs in it and that's to be expected. Here's the problems I've faced so far:

I went to the store in the mall and was going through the different items. The picture of the teddy bear, plus the YES or NO options remained stuck on the screen. I had to go back to the house and sleep for it to disappear.

I'm on April 11th and went to the courtyard and clicked on a "?". A text box for Khris appears but the ... doesn't go away. Out of curiosity I tried it again, going on the date first with Khris, and then returned and now it's stuck on the "Hey!" textbox. I noticed you asked earlier so I'll say that I'm running Win8 and also have v 0.26

Is there a way to load the game, or do we just save and go to the main screen if we don't like the choices that were made?
Currently its only setup to load one save file from the main menu, when you hit "continue". Im in the process of making more slots for this.
Also, thanks for pointing out that bug about the store. I can fix that, I think I know exactly whats causing it.

Im going have to investigate the courtyard bug though, there's never supposed to be a "?" there... Oh, I think you were next to the sports field?? On the 11th that's where Khris is. (That reminds me, I really should have labeled the locations in the game ^^;)

llplldll
Regular

#17 Post by llplldll »

Chibichann wrote:hope other platforms for your game comes out soon.....and for a first vn this is fab
Thanks!
The program I used to create my game engine doesn't support Mac or Linux yet. Im still waiting for that support :/
In the meantime Im working on a renpy version of this game for my own learning purposes, it is going to be a while before its ready though. There are a lot of things I do not know how to do in renpy, yet.

Kayber

#18 Post by Kayber »

llplldll wrote:Im going have to investigate the courtyard bug though, there's never supposed to be a "?" there... Oh, I think you were next to the sports field?? On the 11th that's where Khris is. (That reminds me, I really should have labeled the locations in the game ^^;)
Ah, sorry, yes! The sports field! I guess I don't know the proper names for places :P

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#19 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Hm... I'm at 23 April now and can't get the scene to play on the next day... it just has the raining school background with skip button and QS, the textbox is just "..." Well I can skip the scene so it'll play normally, but that's no fun right~?

llplldll
Regular

#20 Post by llplldll »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Hm... I'm at 23 April now and can't get the scene to play on the next day... it just has the raining school background with skip button and QS, the textbox is just "..." Well I can skip the scene so it'll play normally, but that's no fun right~?
Ah, ok it's similar to the issue at April 12th.
It only happens on certain computers for some reason...
The cause is text for the scene doesn't load fully :/
No worries though, I know exactly how to fix this!
I'm gonna have to comb through my entire game again though,
to insure these problems are gone for good. It's too easy to miss >.<'

ixWishing
Veteran

#21 Post by ixWishing »

Looks cute & fun! I'm downloading this as I type~
I'll post back when I finish the vn!
P.S. Kudos to you for making your own engine! ~ (Or so I think, from reading the comments briefly ^^)
- Everlasting Dreams ;

ixWishing
Veteran

#22 Post by ixWishing »

llplldll wrote:
Kayber wrote:So I started playing your game and it's cute. I like the art style and the fact that you created your own engine is really impressive. Of course, there are a few bugs in it and that's to be expected. Here's the problems I've faced so far:

I went to the store in the mall and was going through the different items. The picture of the teddy bear, plus the YES or NO options remained stuck on the screen. I had to go back to the house and sleep for it to disappear.

I'm on April 11th and went to the courtyard and clicked on a "?". A text box for Khris appears but the ... doesn't go away. Out of curiosity I tried it again, going on the date first with Khris, and then returned and now it's stuck on the "Hey!" textbox. I noticed you asked earlier so I'll say that I'm running Win8 and also have v 0.26

Is there a way to load the game, or do we just save and go to the main screen if we don't like the choices that were made?
Currently its only setup to load one save file from the main menu, when you hit "continue". Im in the process of making more slots for this.
Also, thanks for pointing out that bug about the store. I can fix that, I think I know exactly whats causing it.

Im going have to investigate the courtyard bug though, there's never supposed to be a "?" there... Oh, I think you were next to the sports field?? On the 11th that's where Khris is. (That reminds me, I really should have labeled the locations in the game ^^;)
Ahh I got the same problem as well ;A;
And labeling the locations isn't a big issue for me, but it would be helpful! I like how you can move around, but I have a terrible sense of direction, haha
llplldll wrote:
Mimi_Melody wrote:Hm... I'm at 23 April now and can't get the scene to play on the next day... it just has the raining school background with skip button and QS, the textbox is just "..." Well I can skip the scene so it'll play normally, but that's no fun right~?
EDIT #2: Okay, uh I encountered a problem ;v; A scene isn't loading(?)
On April 17, I applied to be a Team manager, and got accepted. Then I did exercise at the gym and ran out of energy. But ugh, once I went to bed, the game was shifted to the Gym and the screened kept going "... ... ..."

EDIT #3: I started the game from the beginning, and now I encountered the April 12th problem ;A;
I'm going for Khris btw, if this makes a difference!
The scene won't load. Ah, I guess I'll just wait for an update or something ;__;
I'm using Win 7 and the game is ver 2.6!
Last edited by ixWishing on Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Chu~
Projects: Chou Academy

#23 Post by Chu~ »

Wow this looks really cool! o3o

Fuyuko

#24 Post by Fuyuko »

I think the game looks nice, I will start playing it as soon as possible and then let you know what I think about it :D

llplldll
Regular

#25 Post by llplldll »

ixWishing wrote:
llplldll wrote:

Ahh I got the same problem as well ;A;
And labeling the locations isn't a big issue for me, but it would be helpful! I like how you can move around, but I have a terrible sense of direction, haha
llplldll wrote:
EDIT #2: Okay, uh I encountered a problem ;v; A scene isn't loading(?)
On April 17, I applied to be a Team manager, and got accepted. Then I did exercise at the gym and ran out of energy. But ugh, once I went to bed, the game was shifted to the Gym and the screened kept going "... ... ..."

EDIT #3: I started the game from the beginning, and now I encountered the April 12th problem ;A;
I'm going for Khris btw, if this makes a difference!
The scene won't load. Ah, I guess I'll just wait for an update or something ;__;
I'm using Win 7 and the game is ver 2.6!
Wow, thats the oddest bug so far. 0_o;
This has prompted me to try something else for a fix, I don't think the problem is text loading anymore. Im going to reorganize all of the scenes now, it will take just a little longer for 0.27

There's so many problems, I wonder if anyone has had success getting through the game lol :?

ixWishing
Veteran

#26 Post by ixWishing »

llplldll wrote: Wow, thats the oddest bug so far. 0_o;
This has prompted me to try something else for a fix, I don't think the problem is text loading anymore. Im going to reorganize all of the scenes now, it will take just a little longer for 0.27

There's so many problems, I wonder if anyone has had success getting through the game lol :?
Good look fixing it! I guess maybe someone did, if they perhaps didnt romance a guy yet? idk.
Anyways, I'll be awaiting ver 0.27 ~ ♪
- Everlasting Dreams ;

DaR
Regular

#27 Post by DaR »

The game's art is refreshing and cute. I love the CGs.

I did manage to play all the way through the game, but I didn't succeed in romancing any of the guys. I got stuck with the 'gloomy' mood after the first few days and nothing I tried would get the mood back up, so I didn't get much done.
I support Mr. Darcy~ <3

llplldll
Regular

#28 Post by llplldll »

DaR wrote:The game's art is refreshing and cute. I love the CGs.

I did manage to play all the way through the game, but I didn't succeed in romancing any of the guys. I got stuck with the 'gloomy' mood after the first few days and nothing I tried would get the mood back up, so I didn't get much done.
Thanks! Its a relief to know some people are able to get through the game ^^;
The mood stat does make the game a bit difficult.
Im currently working on version 0.27, Ive already modded it to add a little bit to the mood stat after a sleep activity
because it can be a little frustrating :)

Kikaharu
Regular

#29 Post by Kikaharu »

I am also getting a bug. I go to bed and then next day im in the gym and there is just "..." and keeps happening. so i restarted the game and just skipped threw and like the 4 day in i went to bed and woke up at the gym with the dots again the first time it happened i was playing for quite awhile like a few days past the museum trip. I know other are getting that bug too but in different places and i dont know if they woke up and it happened or what. Also I can't seem to find a memory trigger in the library is there one? I sure I like clicked everywhere.

ixWishing
Veteran

#30 Post by ixWishing »

llplldll wrote:
DaR wrote:The game's art is refreshing and cute. I love the CGs.

Thanks! Its a relief to know some people are able to get through the game ^^;
The mood stat does make the game a bit difficult.
Im currently working on version 0.27, Ive already modded it to add a little bit to the mood stat after a sleep activity
because it can be a little frustrating :)
Ah, speaking of cgs, will there be a gallery for the cgs? (Plus a walkthrough on getting them? xD)
Thanks for taking the time to update it! ♥
- Everlasting Dreams ;