Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

Re: Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

#31 Post by llplldll »

Kikaharu wrote:I am also getting a bug. I go to bed and then next day im in the gym and there is just "..." and keeps happening. so i restarted the game and just skipped threw and like the 4 day in i went to bed and woke up at the gym with the dots again the first time it happened i was playing for quite awhile like a few days past the museum trip. I know other are getting that bug too but in different places and i dont know if they woke up and it happened or what. Also I can't seem to find a memory trigger in the library is there one? I sure I like clicked everywhere.
Im currently working on that mysterious "..." bug. It happens at random places for different people so Im boggled about the cause, however Im doing a huge revamp of the game's organizational structure. Its taking a long time because I have to retest everything to ensure its still working after all this. ^^;
Im about 90% sure that Ive fixed it...

On a side note, Im also building a version of this game in renpy for mac and linux users, in addition I'll release a new windows version so that everyone can
play it smoothly without those weird errors. :)

As for the library memory, Ill give you a clue, you must go there alone.
Below is the solution to finding the memory trigger:
(spoiler)
You must visit the library alone and "leave" to unlock the memory and a new character
ixWishing wrote: Ah, speaking of cgs, will there be a gallery for the cgs? (Plus a walkthrough on getting them? xD)
Thanks for taking the time to update it! ♥
I originally had plans to include one, that and an achievements system but time got away from me :P
I still want to implement it though probably by v0.29 or later.
I'll make an in-depth walkthrough at some point, probably when I have time after the major bugs and
glitches are addressed.

Moon20
Regular

#32 Post by Moon20 »

when are you finish with update version of Memento Dears? I'm looking forward to play the new version very much

llplldll
Regular

#33 Post by llplldll »

Moon20 wrote:when are you finish with update version of Memento Dears? I'm looking forward to play the new version very much
Its currently finished, the thing thats taking longest is testing. I have to go through and do all possibilities in the game to make sure I didnt break
something when I reorganized the game's structure (T.T)
I have a list of things to do. Im about 50% through it already, so not too much longer :)

Moon20
Regular

#34 Post by Moon20 »

good work and I'm looking forward when is complete, I love play Date Sim game very much, So this game are for me:-)

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#35 Post by KissOfDeath »

Hello all~

It's been awhile since I've posted anywhere, so it's good to be back! :)
Anyway, I just started gameplay an hour ago, I've gone through 4 plays, but keep getting a 5ever alone ending (maybe it's trying to tell me something about my life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) lol

But if anyone could share any tips with me on how to get bae (either of the love interest) I would appreciate it!
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#36 Post by Mimi_Melody »

LOL... how did you get through the whole game without any glitches? Did you skip the events or something?
Sorry I'm just wondering 'cuz most ppl here seem to get stuck at some point...

KissOfDeath
Regular

#37 Post by KissOfDeath »

Mimi_Melody wrote:LOL... how did you get through the whole game without any glitches? Did you skip the events or something?
Sorry I'm just wondering 'cuz most ppl here seem to get stuck at some point...
There was one partivular part where I believe I was supposed to get into a cutscene or dialogue that I haven't seen, but the game jumped to a different part. I could not tell you where (because I was not paying much attention) but I think the glitch might've already been mentioned...(I think)
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

llplldll
Regular

#38 Post by llplldll »

Memento Dears v0.27 update! :D
Changes:
-Multiple save slots
-Addressed game scene freezes
-added location labels
Note: You must start a new game in version 0.27, loading a quick save from previous versions will produce unexpected results.

Download Memento Dears v0.27
Ive also updated the link in the main post.

Starting with updates 0.28 or 0.29 I will be releasing the renpy version, thats the plan going forth. Its still about 2-3 months away, though. I'll release this newer version for windows, mac and linux.

Let me know if the same issues persist or if you run into any new problems or just general comments are welcome.
Thanks!

llplldll
Regular

#39 Post by llplldll »

KissOfDeath wrote:Hello all~

It's been awhile since I've posted anywhere, so it's good to be back! :)
Anyway, I just started gameplay an hour ago, I've gone through 4 plays, but keep getting a 5ever alone ending (maybe it's trying to tell me something about my life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) lol

But if anyone could share any tips with me on how to get bae (either of the love interest) I would appreciate it!
This reminded me, I should really work on a detailed game guide. lol
To get something other than '4everalone' you must raise some of your stats (intelligence/fitness/charisma) to atleast 4 points (depending on which guy, they value one trait more than others). Visiting the '?' icons often will help you raise relationship and stats at the same time.
:D Hope that helps

DaR
Regular

#40 Post by DaR »

I've been playing around with v 0.27 for the past little while and I've reached April 15, though I've fallen into the same "Gloomy" pitfall. I've been trying to mix up what I've been doing to try and make her mood better, but I often get a negative result, which makes it worse.

I've also noticed that my fitness stat went down from 1 to 0. I'm not sure if it's a part of the game or if it's a bug, but I figured I would let you just in case.
I support Mr. Darcy~ <3

KissOfDeath
Regular

#41 Post by KissOfDeath »

DaR wrote:I've been playing around with v 0.27 for the past little while and I've reached April 15, though I've fallen into the same "Gloomy" pitfall. I've been trying to mix up what I've been doing to try and make her mood better, but I often get a negative result, which makes it worse.

I've also noticed that my fitness stat went down from 1 to 0. I'm not sure if it's a part of the game or if it's a bug, but I figured I would let you just in case.
Lol that was me too!! I found that using the "invite" button helps your mood when you hang out with your friends and it also helps to keep your stats from falling. I think when you're depressed and try to do certain activities, they are more likely to fail. Hope that helps!!
-KissOfDeath

Completed:

llplldll
Regular

#42 Post by llplldll »

Yeah, the gloomy mood can be hazardous! There are 3 activities in the game that do not have negative possibilities, at the same time they also build your stats (almost like cheats xD) Its not hidden or anything but it makes the game a lot easier once you know what they are...

Here's a general list of things that help improve your mood:
-Hanging out with friends (be careful not to be rejected when inviting someone out)
-Eating (keep in mind certain foods will make you lose fitness)
-doing well in school (doing bad in school has the opposite effect)
-Succeeding at activities
-Succeeding at a job
-Reading (its the 'safest' activity you can do)

Also, yes the fitness stat falls gradually if you don't exercise for a while. It doesn't fall too much daily, it takes 5-6 days to drop one full point if you never exercise. You also lose fitness points if you eat certain foods (like junk food lol).

note to self, I should really write that guide so ppl will know these things ^^;

ixWishing
Veteran

#43 Post by ixWishing »

llplldll wrote:Memento Dears v0.27 update! :D
Changes:
-Multiple save slots
-Addressed game scene freezes
-added location labels
Note: You must start a new game in version 0.27, loading a quick save from previous versions will produce unexpected results.

Download Memento Dears v0.27
Ive also updated the link in the main post.

Starting with updates 0.28 or 0.29 I will be releasing the renpy version, thats the plan going forth. Its still about 2-3 months away, though. I'll release this newer version for windows, mac and linux.

Let me know if the same issues persist or if you run into any new problems or just general comments are welcome.
Thanks!
Hurray! I shall be trying the new version now ^^

EDIT: For some reason, I can't continue at this part.... On Thursday, April 11, I went to the sports field and did the "?" actvity. All I saw was "Hey!" from Khris, and I couldn't continue on.. ^^;;
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#44 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Yeah, I'm trying out the new version (0.27) and it's stuck on the "Hey!" just like ixWishing said.

llplldll
Regular

#45 Post by llplldll »

Ah No, still that bug persists?? ╰(╥_╥)╯
I can't figure it out... but in the meantime Im working on a renpy version of the game for Mac and Linux play-ability, I'll also re-release Windows while Im at it. Its still a while away from being finished but I can guarantee that bug will be gone, lol