Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
llplldll
Regular
Completed: Memento Dears

Re: Memento Dears [GXB] [VN/Date sim]

#46 Post by llplldll »

ixWishing wrote: EDIT: For some reason, I can't continue at this part.... On Thursday, April 11, I went to the sports field and did the "?" actvity. All I saw was "Hey!" from Khris, and I couldn't continue on.. ^^;;
Mimi_Melody wrote:Yeah, I'm trying out the new version (0.27) and it's stuck on the "Hey!" just like ixWishing said.
I want to ask you, does this only happen April 11th?? Does the same thing occur on April 9th, April 16th, April 18th etc (every Tues or Thurs)?

ixWishing
Veteran

#47 Post by ixWishing »

llplldll wrote:
ixWishing wrote: EDIT: For some reason, I can't continue at this part.... On Thursday, April 11, I went to the sports field and did the "?" actvity. All I saw was "Hey!" from Khris, and I couldn't continue on.. ^^;;
Mimi_Melody wrote:Yeah, I'm trying out the new version (0.27) and it's stuck on the "Hey!" just like ixWishing said.
I want to ask you, does this only happen April 11th?? Does the same thing occur on April 9th, April 16th, April 18th etc (every Tues or Thurs)?
Testing it out on Tues & Thurs now! ^^
EDIT: It appears to only happen on April 11 I suppose. I tried the Tuesdays & Thursdays after April 11, and they were fine.

I have another problem though!
So I quick saved during the school trip, and I later quick loaded back... I ended up seeing all the dialogue for Khris and Stephen (Even though I never chose Stephen, and I never went to the art exhibit/lobby & gift shop either with Khris :v
I haven't read any of Stephen's dialogue, so I'm not sure if this problem happens to the other two ^^;; ...)

EDIT#2: I finally made it through to an ending!
May I ask what the password is for? It was like "Stay tuned for the next episode" o-o??
- Everlasting Dreams ;

llplldll
Regular

#48 Post by llplldll »

ixWishing wrote:
Testing it out on Tues & Thurs now! ^^
EDIT: It appears to only happen on April 11 I suppose. I tried the Tuesdays & Thursdays after April 11, and they were fine.

I have another problem though!
So I quick saved during the school trip, and I later quick loaded back... I ended up seeing all the dialogue for Khris and Stephen (Even though I never chose Stephen, and I never went to the art exhibit/lobby & gift shop either with Khris :v
I haven't read any of Stephen's dialogue, so I'm not sure if this problem happens to the other two ^^;; ...)

EDIT#2: I finally made it through to an ending!
May I ask what the password is for? It was like "Stay tuned for the next episode" o-o??
Thanks for letting me know ,the quick save was doing some funky stuff in the school trip area in previous versions too. I need to look into that some more.

As for the ending,
I intend to create a sequel to this game (...if I can get through fixing this one first LOL). If you enter the password into the next game your choices will carry over and affect the story in the sequel ^_^

llplldll
Regular

#49 Post by llplldll »

A Major update for this game has been posted.
Memento Dears is now playable on Mac, Linux and Windows.
This is the Renpy version that Ive been working on so quite a few things are different, mainly the interface in some spots.
I added a few things and edited the script some more too (less typos).

Memento Dears v0.28 Download Link

***If you're using Chrome browser on Windows this file may get blocked. I suggest you disregard this, change your settings in chrome or use another browser. Chrome randomly blocks clean files lately. I have no Idea why chrome is flagging my game :/

Moon20
Regular

#50 Post by Moon20 »

Wow that was very good new, congrats with realishe mega update for this game and thank you very much for your hard work you did with this game

llplldll
Regular

#51 Post by llplldll »

Moon20 wrote:Wow that was very good new, congrats with realishe mega update for this game and thank you very much for your hard work you did with this game
Thanks for playing and helping me to improve ^_^

Moon20
Regular

#52 Post by Moon20 »

You are very welcome and this are very good dating sim game, I love it so much

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#53 Post by sasquatchii »

Wow, this is awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing it. I like how interactive it is and how fun it is to explore things. It gives you a lot more freedom than most of the games I've played which is really neat.

Sorry if you've already answered this question before, but how long did it take you to make?
ImageImage

llplldll
Regular

#54 Post by llplldll »

sasquatchii wrote:Wow, this is awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing it. I like how interactive it is and how fun it is to explore things. It gives you a lot more freedom than most of the games I've played which is really neat.

Sorry if you've already answered this question before, but how long did it take you to make?
Thanks so much, Im glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to make Memento Dears similar to a lot of flash date sims Ive played in the past.

It took roughly 2 years of on again/ off again development. This is the biggest game Ive ever taken on, so there was so much to learn in the process ^^; Porting the game to renpy took almost 7 months after that, I knew nothing about renpy when I started but I feel like Im getting a little faster at making stuff since picking it up.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#55 Post by ludeshka »

I enjoyed this game a lot.
It works well as a stand alone, but I will happily wait for chapter 2.
(I guess we'll be hunting down the ones responsible for the Hit and Run!)
I really liked the art, and how expressive the characters were. I liked Suzie a lot, and it made me happy to
see the girls renew their friendship.
My favourite boy is Danny, but I haven't been able to get his ending yet! (Any clues you could give me?)

I have something to critique, I hope you won't be mad with me saying it, but you REALLY need more music for the "world map", you know, it's where we spend most of
the time. The song you chose is not bad, but it gets horribly repetitive after a while (It made me turn it off)
Perhaps you could have, say, a song for the school, one for the streets, and one for the shops? In my opinion, if you have several songs, none will get tiresome.

But it's not such an important flaw, and it didn't keep me from playing. Good job! I'll be waiting for the next one. :)

llplldll
Regular

#56 Post by llplldll »

ludeshka wrote:I enjoyed this game a lot.
It works well as a stand alone, but I will happily wait for chapter 2.
(I guess we'll be hunting down the ones responsible for the Hit and Run!)
I really liked the art, and how expressive the characters were. I liked Suzie a lot, and it made me happy to
see the girls renew their friendship.
My favourite boy is Danny, but I haven't been able to get his ending yet! (Any clues you could give me?)

I have something to critique, I hope you won't be mad with me saying it, but you REALLY need more music for the "world map", you know, it's where we spend most of
the time. The song you chose is not bad, but it gets horribly repetitive after a while (It made me turn it off)
Perhaps you could have, say, a song for the school, one for the streets, and one for the shops? In my opinion, if you have several songs, none will get tiresome.

But it's not such an important flaw, and it didn't keep me from playing. Good job! I'll be waiting for the next one. :)
Im glad you liked it ^_^ Thanks so much for the suggestion, Im open to as much feedback as possible! After testing the game I had to listen to the song so much, Lol. Probably like 5000 times or something o_o; I briefly considered setting up a playlist of rotating songs, so its a good idea. I think I'll implement that in a future game :)

For getting a Danny ending:
Max your charisma stat and get his relationship bar nearly 100 percent at least. You'll know you've reached love status if his picture changes to something that looks like " XD " .

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#57 Post by Godline »

Words cannot express. I almost died from cuteness.
I wasted 2 days on this dang VN! (Well... not wasted).
I was working so hard to get the Danny route and he was so cute and innocent and hilarious. Yes. ^^
It was a pretty easy game to work. But it was annoying how easy it was to get Khris, so it would always default to Kris instead of Danny.
And I didn't know how to tick Khris off so he didn't like Mel anymore.
I eagerly await the sequel!

llplldll
Regular

#58 Post by llplldll »

Godline wrote:Words cannot express. I almost died from cuteness.
I wasted 2 days on this dang VN! (Well... not wasted).
I was working so hard to get the Danny route and he was so cute and innocent and hilarious. Yes. ^^
It was a pretty easy game to work. But it was annoying how easy it was to get Khris, so it would always default to Kris instead of Danny.
And I didn't know how to tick Khris off so he didn't like Mel anymore.
I eagerly await the sequel!
lol
Im glad you enjoyed it! There will be a lot more of his cuteness in the sequel too :D
A tip about the Khris situation:
The best way to not get Khris is to make sure you ignore him. Like, especially go out of your way to encounter him, then leave. It works great LOL