Six Rules [Heian Japan|Child Protag|Short Story]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Six Rules [Child Protag|Drama|Feud|Ancient Japan]

#31 Post by Coren »

khnachi wrote:I come bearing an overdued fanart
http://khanachi.deviantart.com/art/The- ... -444876914
asdlfkjaskldfja;slk;fjsdlkjfsdklfsjdkf its so goooooddddd thank youuu :'D

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#32 Post by Blue Lemma »

Just played it, and I liked it :)
Bite-size without being shallow. Also fresh. (Am I talking like Yuki now?)

Thanks for sharing the story!
Be good kids and follow the rules, mmkay?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Fuyuko

#33 Post by Fuyuko »

1. What do you generally feel upon finishing the main game?
I don't know...disappointed maybe, because I want the story to continue, for there are still many things that I want to know especially about Yuki. I thought the story would continue until the final judgement of Ryouji, to know whether he would escape and survive or not.
2. What did you feel upon playing Another View?
Okay, it kinda explains everything. Yuki had a sad life and I felt sorry for her but...I don't like her at all. She killed the whole family of Ryouji just for her own sake, when he was nothing but kind to her from the start. It is unforgiveable in my point of view, but I understand that Yuki must have felt horrible for what she did.
3. Any favourite character(s)?
I don't know....may be Ryouji because it's definitely not Yuki. The thing about Ryouji's smile made me think about Gatsby, well...everyone loves his smile :D
4. Favourite music track?
I played the game without music, so sorry about that :(

Ceres

#34 Post by Ceres »

I like this so much that I created an account just to post a comment for this visual novel!

Review:
I'm not sure if I'm a naturally paranoid person or what but just something about Yuki doesn't seems right to me and I have been suspecting her from the beginning. However, I caught a glimpse at azurextwilight's comment about how adorable and lovable Yuki is when I downloaded the vn and convinced myself that I'm just being overly suspicious!
It turned out that I was wrong ლ(﹒︠益﹒︡)ლ Or was I....?
1. What do you generally feel upon finishing the main game?
Well, you piqued my interest and I just want more. That ending wasn't enough, it's like a cliffhanger o(≧o≦)o
2. What did you feel upon playing Another View?
I felt really bad for both of them because it seems like the "sins" and feud from the previous generation were passed down to the next. I really want to see a continuation of this story with both of the characters.

3. Any favourite character(s)?
Ryou..*cough*shotabishiealert*cough* ..ji
4. Favourite music track? :D I absolutely loved Marc's compositions!
I'm thought that the music fitted the ambiance well, though I'm not someone who is very particular about the soundtracks in games.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#35 Post by Coren »

Thanks for all your comments, guys! :)
Blue Lemma wrote:Bite-size without being shallow. Also fresh. (Am I talking like Yuki now?)
Yes, yes you are :P

ColaCat
Veteran

#36 Post by ColaCat »

Just out of curiosity (and because I love him so much)
Does Ryouji definitely die? Because it's a bit of a cliffhanger, and since you're not doing a sequel I wondered if in your mind he is 100% dead, or if he survives and runs away with Yuki into a land of snow,and loveliness and... *coughcough* sorry....got carried away there. ><

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#37 Post by Coren »

ColaCat wrote:Just out of curiosity (and because I love him so much)
Does Ryouji definitely die? Because it's a bit of a cliffhanger, and since you're not doing a sequel I wondered if in your mind he is 100% dead, or if he survives and runs away with Yuki into a land of snow,and loveliness and... *coughcough* sorry....got carried away there. ><
Since I *might* be making a sequel someday, I'll leave this hanging. :P Thanks for playing!

ColaCat
Veteran

#38 Post by ColaCat »

Okay! Well if you do I'm definitely playing! *rolls around on the floor in a fit of happiness*

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: Six Rules [Heian Japan|Child Protag]

#39 Post by Coren »

Thank you! :)

Naru_san

Re: Six Rules [Heian Japan|Child Protag|Short Story]

#40 Post by Naru_san »

This story is very sad(
I guessed that she is enemy, but so cruel! Meanwhile, I sympathize with her - she is a woman and she was born in famous noble family with disgrace of her mother.
You know, you're good with Japanese morals and manners of those time. Your knowledge have done your story very realistic and dramatical.
I had a good time: the story was short, sad, but useful and interesting. Thank you!)
Sorry for my English >_<

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

Re: Six Rules [Heian Japan|Child Protag|Short Story]

#41 Post by AsHLeX »

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!
I knew it wouldn't be just some innocent little story of romance between clans and about growing up.
When I saw that your team was the same one that made Dear Mariko I was like... This can't be good. As in, this can't be a happy-go-lucky story about childhood and stuff like that.

But those kids... they look so innocent!! Q.Q
Anyway, really great story and artwork! Am so glad that I played it. Am going to try ribbon of green soon! :D
New demo out 24/12/23!!