███▓▒░ Hammer - NaNoRenO 2014 OELVN ░▒▓███

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

███▓▒░ Hammer - NaNoRenO 2014 OELVN ░▒▓███

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

Title:
Hammer

Theme:
Suspense

Story:
A mysterious illness has spread throughout the world killing people everywhere and in desperation,
you escaped and wandered aimlessly and ended up in some remote cabin somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image

Credits:
Graphics - Uncle Mugen (Mugejohncel)
SFX / Music - Off the shelf Commercial - Royalty Free SFX from BlueFX + Original Uncle Mugen Recordings
Story - This Anonymous Guy from 4chan Old /jp/ way back
Engine - Ren'py 6.13

Download Links:
Image Image Image
[WINDOWS / MAC / LINUX]
German Translation by: NoJoker Marcel Weyers

If it's not much, please Rate it here
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:54 am, edited 10 times in total.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: ███▓▒░ Hammer - NaNoRenO 2014 ░▒▓███

#2 Post by MaiMai »

Congrats on your entry Mugen!! I'm gonna play this, there's always something special about the things you make.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: ███▓▒░ Hammer - NaNoRenO 2014 OELVN ░▒▓███

#3 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Awesome ^^ I'm glad you got it finished and de-bugged. I'll download it over the weekend when I'm less busy/frantic with my own things and VN!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

Thanks guys! You have no idea how grateful I am to even have an audience... even more so that I have two of you here :) And even though I in a roundabout way somewhat cheated using Sketchup and ComiPO, I assure you... I gave this project my all within the extremely limited free time I got... of course with some itty-little-bit of compromises here and there so I can make it in time... I mean... NaNoRenO is afterall... getting the job finished on time... Methods and Details not important :mrgreen:

(Heavy Breathe Exhale) Back then it was easy to find lot's of audience. Nowadays... unless you are a Commercial Project or a Kickstarter Success, you'll barely register a blip in the scene... especially in my case where I'm virtually a one-man-dev-team with limited social media coverage :cry: Then again, this is the price of progress and even I admit... the general quality of most OELVN's may it be WIP or Released is generally higher compared to the last few years... :)

Yes, at this stage, I may be nothing more but a tired, battered old guy hanging onto the scene by a Fingernail which could give way at any moment but as long as I have an audience, I will stay strong :)

"POOF" (Disappears)

Armee
Veteran

#5 Post by Armee »

mugenjohncel wrote:Back then it was easy to find lot's of audience. Nowadays... unless you are a Commercial Project or a Kickstarter Success, you'll barely register a blip in the scene... especially in my case where I'm virtually a one-man-dev-team with limited social media coverage :cry: Then again, this is the price of progress and even I admit... the general quality of most OELVN's may it be WIP or Released is generally higher compared to the last few years... :)
Oh man, you make me missed the old days again. Even though I was very young and I didn't know how to register back then, I must admit I appreciated those days a lot and I wish knew more about game development back then so I can start sooner :P
Anyway, I'm going to try this tomorrow. I don't know what is going after us audience but I'm terribly nervous when it come to your project.

Coreyrn
Completed: Submerged (Demo), The meadow

#6 Post by Coreyrn »

I just love your games and despite the sad story, I had two very great laughs.

First when I saw the can of Uncle Mugen's Creamed Corn :lol: I would buy that :mrgreen:
Adn when the face of the protagonist was revealed I didn't expect that face :lol:

Thanks for giving us that game I really enjoyed it.

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#7 Post by Victoria »

Amazing graphics. Interesting story.
And that
mustache, and the bloody murder
... Not what I expected at all!
Couldn't expect anything less from you. =D
Even though the protagonist said it tasted terrible, I would still like to try that canned corn. Because, CORN. WITH THAT LABEL.
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#8 Post by Donmai »

Congratulations. Good storytelling, great timing, excellent use of sound and music.
Now for the hmmm part :mrgreen: :
Your image pans would be smoother with the line

Code: Select all

subpixel True
at the start of every ATL block of code.
I would like to see you using that vertical scrolling text effect by Kinsman http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 05#p269905 in a project like this, where the narrative is slow sometimes, made sentence by sentence.
And an old version of Ren'Py is ok if you feel comfortable with it, but if my story had a fireplace, I would use a new version only to do some tricks with fire using the additive blend mode. But that's only my imagination running wild. After all I've found your work very inspiring. More, please. :)
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#9 Post by Lesleigh63 »

mugenjohncel wrote:(Heavy Breathe Exhale) Back then it was easy to find lot's of audience. Nowadays... unless you are a Commercial Project or a Kickstarter Success, you'll barely register a blip in the scene... especially in my case where I'm virtually a one-man-dev-team with limited social media coverage :cry: Then again, this is the price of progress and even I admit... the general quality of most OELVN's may it be WIP or Released is generally higher compared to the last few years... :)

Yes, at this stage, I may be nothing more but a tired, battered old guy hanging onto the scene by a Fingernail which could give way at any moment but as long as I have an audience, I will stay strong :)

"POOF" (Disappears)
Yeah, I thought there was a lot of high quality stuff being released or showing up in the WIP section. I'm kinda hoping that as the number of developers increases, that the audience size is also increasing and that there'll be plenty to go around. Maybe targeting a niche audience is the way to go.

One more in your audience - downloaded, will play over the weekend.

TanteDante

#10 Post by TanteDante »

Wow!
This intense atmosphere and storytelling :O
I like your "camera view", especially the shot from behind the hammer... it tells the whole conflict in one picture!
Also the sound effects and music was very atmospheric... I really enjoyed this short game :)

Uncomplicated

#11 Post by Uncomplicated »

Can't wait to play this - I'll have time on Sunday for it!

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#12 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Well I enjoyed it, although the moving background and moving text was hard on my eyes after a late night (wouldn't want to be drunk when I was trying to play this). Cute looking girl sprite and I originally thought the boy was going to be a cutie to - then he turned around.

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#13 Post by unknown5 »

gratz on finishing! will play after brain go mush not more. any.
oh god, words. i write must finish last part my nano. urk.
i'm so screws.
information wants to be free, yo.

xxstrangesoulxx

#14 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

Cool game. I enjoyed playing it. The art was nice. I liked seeing your icon on the canned corn. (I'd have me some of that corn xD) I was a bit taken aback on that dude's mustache though, lol. The effects were done well, I was impressed. I would have liked a menu, but whatever. The suspense was great, it got all my attention. If you ever decide to expand the game, I would be pretty thrilled since this game has potential to be ever better in my option. Anyway, nice NaNo entry man.

NekoNutchi
Regular
Completed: Reverse Metamorphosis (NaNo2014)

#15 Post by NekoNutchi »

Wow, i liked the eerie atmosphere in this one, and the composition of visual- and sound-effects was so well-done!
I don't have much to say other than that i'm impressed, and thanks for making this.
Last edited by NekoNutchi on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.