Timeless [GxB][Fantasy][Mystery][Nano 2014]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

Timeless [GxB][Fantasy][Mystery][Nano 2014]

#1 Post by Sleipnir56 »

This is a game that I collaborated on for NanoRenO along with Fenrir. As you can see from her icon, she loves Lavi. We both had fun with this. Sorry if the game might be mediocre, but it was done quickly. I hope to anyone that plays this will have fun and give feedback. Thanks :)

Ps-Please note that we did this in two days. We didn't expect to do NanoRenO, but decided to because it was a challenge. I know it was stupid, but please understand :oops: Also, there may be spoilers, so please if you haven't seen the series, don't be angry if it is a spoiler.

Plot-I've forgotten my past and now I feel like I'm nothing. But this strange red haired man says he might be able to help me. Can I trust him, or will I forever be in the dark about who I really am?

Here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/download/9o9ch ... .0-all.zip

Code: Select all

The game contains 891 dialogue blocks, containing 6,125 words and 30,931
characters, for an average of 6.9 words and 35 characters per block.

The game contains 5 menus, 22 images, and 12 screens.
Screenshots

Credits
Story-Fenrir
Coding-Me
Art and Music-Free Ranged(I found the sprite of Lavi online but I don't know the artist. If you do please tell me so I can credit them.)
Last edited by Sleipnir56 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Katty16
Regular

Re: Timeless [GxB][Fantasy][Mystery][Nano 2014]

#2 Post by Katty16 »

I will download it, give it a try and tell you what I think :P
I'm sure it's nice even if it's short, beside it looks kind of cool too *^*

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#3 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Katty16 wrote:I will download it, give it a try and tell you what I think :P
I'm sure it's nice even if it's short, beside it looks kind of cool too *^*
Thank you so much. I'd really like advise on this since it's my second game and I'm still learning :D

Katty16
Regular

#4 Post by Katty16 »

Finished it, took awhile since I have been lazy all day after downloading it, but I got all the endings XD
But it was really cute and funny, but I only got the bad endings at first. Got a bit frustrated but got the good ending at last :D
I think it's a good one when you have just used a few days to make it. Liked the music you used in the different scenes too :p And the story and plot was really good too, but wish I could get a kiss scene o.o
Have to say that I got a bit wtf? after getting the bad ending when you get attacked by Levi in the start XD

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#5 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Katty16 wrote:Finished it, took awhile since I have been lazy all day after downloading it, but I got all the endings XD
But it was really cute and funny, but I only got the bad endings at first. Got a bit frustrated but got the good ending at last :D
I think it's a good one when you have just used a few days to make it. Liked the music you used in the different scenes too :p And the story and plot was really good too, but wish I could get a kiss scene o.o
Have to say that I got a bit wtf? after getting the bad ending when you get attacked by Levi in the start XD
Thank you so much for playing :) . I'm really glad you liked it :mrgreen: . Sorry about the cheap ending though. I know it was hard but I did it because the game is rather short. And I'd love a scene like that but I was pressed for time. Maybe if I ever redo it I'll add one. Anyway thanks again. You're very kind :D

Katty16
Regular

#6 Post by Katty16 »

Sleipnir56 wrote:
Katty16 wrote:Finished it, took awhile since I have been lazy all day after downloading it, but I got all the endings XD
Thank you so much for playing :) . I'm really glad you liked it :mrgreen: . Sorry about the cheap ending though. I know it was hard but I did it because the game is rather short. And I'd love a scene like that but I was pressed for time. Maybe if I ever redo it I'll add one. Anyway thanks again. You're very kind :D
Don't worry, I think it was a cute ending, and maybe you could make a continue of this game one day o.o
And thanks, hope to see more otome games from you x3

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by try10 »

I liked D. gray Man and I have always wanted to play a fan made project. I had fun reading the story and managed to get all the endings.The game was interesting and the dialogue well written. Lavi was Lavi :lol: the cute redhead that I always liked. :D Thank you for making this and I hope to see other fanmade ( D. gray Man hopefully :oops: ) games from you ( a Kanda one :oops: ).

Kagura
Regular

#8 Post by Kagura »

Wohh ' 3' these character arts remind me of something~ ... I don't remember what thou.

Btw I'm still stalking your parallel hearts :3

EDIT

Waaaahhh!! I got tricked !! And that was my first path!
At first when there was some choosing scene I was like
"Oh, I guess I should be nice and naive at first then go mean when it's second play."

then bam, right on time, I got fooled. It's April. So that could count that I've been April Fooled ; w;

Anyway, I had that 'Fooled', 'Walk Out', 'Food Poison, 'Real Bad End',
and then FINALLY 'Good Ending^_^, Best End-Lavi's Love' ending.
Hahaha, so much bad endings at first > W < !! It was all worth thou~
Anyway, are there any other endings? Any other best end? > u < Omigoosh I'm so curious

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#9 Post by Sleipnir56 »

try10 wrote:I liked D. gray Man and I have always wanted to play a fan made project. I had fun reading the story and managed to get all the endings.The game was interesting and the dialogue well written. Lavi was Lavi :lol: the cute redhead that I always liked. :D Thank you for making this and I hope to see other fanmade ( D. gray Man hopefully :oops: ) games from you ( a Kanda one :oops: ).

I'm so glad you liked it. Sorry for the cheap endings. Also, thanks for the encouraging words :) . Lav is awesome and so is Kanda. I would love to write one with him and Allen but I'd need help with the character sprite for them :( . But still, one day I'd like to make a fan game o them. Once agian thank you and I'm very grateful you played :mrgreen:

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#10 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Katty16 wrote:
Sleipnir56 wrote:
Don't worry, I think it was a cute ending, and maybe you could make a continue of this game one day o.o
And thanks, hope to see more otome games from you x3

Thanks so much. And I hope to redo this game with better sprites and a more dynamic story. Still, thanks again for playing. You are very kind :wink:

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#11 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Kagura wrote:Wohh ' 3' these character arts remind me of something~ ... I don't remember what thou.

EDIT

"Oh, I guess I should be nice and naive at first then go mean when it's second play."

then bam, right on time, I got fooled. It's April. So that could count that I've been April Fooled ; w;

Anyway, are there any other endings? Any other best end? > u < Omigoosh I'm so curious

Actually, I never intended for the game to be for April fools. I just did the ending because they were funny :lol: . Sorry about them though. I know they were hard and even my sis had trouble when she practiced this game for me. Sadly, those are all the ending you got. I hope to redo the game if I can find a sprite artist. Also, I'd like to do a Kanda and Allen one. Maybe if I can find someone to help I can.

Anyway I'm glad you played it and liked it :mrgreen:

Kagura
Regular

#12 Post by Kagura »

Sleipnir56 wrote:
Kagura wrote:Wohh ' 3' these character arts remind me of something~ ... I don't remember what thou.

EDIT

Actually, I never intended for the game to be for April fools. I just did the ending because they were funny :lol: . Sorry about them though. I know they were hard and even my sis had trouble when she practiced this game for me. Sadly, those are all the ending you got. I hope to redo the game if I can find a sprite artist. Also, I'd like to do a Kanda and Allen one. Maybe if I can find someone to help I can.

Ohohohohoho = 3= I'll be waiting then.
I just got the 'fooled ending' thingie and it was really right on time=April Fools. Man how lucky am I X'DD

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#13 Post by Sleipnir56 »

Kagura wrote:
Sleipnir56 wrote:

EDIT

Ohohohohoho = 3= I'll be waiting then.
I just got the 'fooled ending' thingie and it was really right on time=April Fools. Man how lucky am I X'DD

Lol. Thanks :mrgreen:

arikimi

#14 Post by arikimi »

Uwah~ A D. Gray Man game and it's Lavi?! (Baka Usagi?! :oops: ) You pulled me out of the shadows to make me make a comment! :D

First of all: CONGRATULATIONS! In two days?! You and Fenrir are a hero~ KYA~ Is that official art as the menu page I see?? >3? :D <3 Here is my love for you~ It's not dumb to do a D. Gray Man fan uhh story! Okay I'm sorry I'm fangirling hehe.

Okay okay, on to the more serious stuff.

Order of endings I got:
Eaten By Lavi, Food Poisoning, Real Bad End, Neutral Ending, Best End
Anything else I'm missing? Oh... wait sorry that's it right?

Feedback
First of all:
I thought the plot was super cute! At the same time not believable ;u; sorry. I know it's made in two days which really limits the story but you got it done!

I'm sorry if I sound a bit mean in the next paragraph about Lavi :cry:
Okay so why I don't find it believable? I guess it's because of the way "Lavi" is admittedly I don't think the portrayal of him is realistic. ;u; :( I might not be the best position to say that it was unrealistic since I didn't get to the part where Allen left :oops: It felt like the game was more of giant spoiler for the series via summary reading... Well that's only because I love the series a lot. I'm sorry don't hate me. >.< I thought Lavi would've been more secretive about everything. More like flirty, somewhat helpful, but very closed lipped (until the player reaches the Best End, then he more or less shares stuff!) And, well some other technical aspect that bugged me about the "canon" references of the story... I'm sorry if I'm too picky. Love makes me picky (and maybe an inaccurate memory...) I'm sorry. D:

However, I genuinely thought the story was cute (beginning) and realistic with the plot (in the bad, neutral, and best end). (even if I didn't really like how Lavi was portrayed).

Well onto the endings:
The first end I got (eaten by Lavi) that you said gave me this reaction: :shock: and then :lol: xD the second ending was the same as well, I found it funny. (Does that make me an evil girl? :? )
The neutral end was neutral. ('Nuff said) :|
The real bad end and good end was actually pretty realistic because the situation that happens (I'm not spoiling it!) isn't portrayed at all in the manga (up to what I've read anyway) and it is a definite possibility.
All in all: Cheap ending? No you've got it wrong! It's amusing!
I hope that this was of some help (to someone)?

And... LAVI IS SO CUTEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Please make more~

Uh for the art maybe I can help? I'm not a really good artist but I'm sure I can try? If you want?

Sleipnir56
Veteran

#15 Post by Sleipnir56 »

arikimi wrote:Uwah~ A D. Gray Man game and it's Lavi?! (Baka Usagi?! :oops: ) You pulled me out of the shadows to make me make a comment! :D

First of all: CONGRATULATIONS! In two days?! You and Fenrir are a hero~ KYA~ Is that official art as the menu page I see?? >3? :D <3 Here is my love for you~ It's not dumb to do a D. Gray Man fan uhh story! Okay I'm sorry I'm fangirling hehe.

Okay okay, on to the more serious stuff.

Order of endings I got:
Eaten By Lavi, Food Poisoning, Real Bad End, Neutral Ending, Best End
Anything else I'm missing? Oh... wait sorry that's it right?

Feedback
First of all:
I thought the plot was super cute! At the same time not believable ;u; sorry. I know it's made in two days which really limits the story but you got it done!

I'm sorry if I sound a bit mean in the next paragraph about Lavi :cry:
Okay so why I don't find it believable? I guess it's because of the way "Lavi" is admittedly I don't think the portrayal of him is realistic. ;u; :( I might not be the best position to say that it was unrealistic since I didn't get to the part where Allen left :oops: It felt like the game was more of giant spoiler for the series via summary reading... Well that's only because I love the series a lot. I'm sorry don't hate me. >.< I thought Lavi would've been more secretive about everything. More like flirty, somewhat helpful, but very closed lipped (until the player reaches the Best End, then he more or less shares stuff!) And, well some other technical aspect that bugged me about the "canon" references of the story... I'm sorry if I'm too picky. Love makes me picky (and maybe an inaccurate memory...) I'm sorry. D:

However, I genuinely thought the story was cute (beginning) and realistic with the plot (in the bad, neutral, and best end). (even if I didn't really like how Lavi was portrayed).

Well onto the endings:
The first end I got (eaten by Lavi) that you said gave me this reaction: :shock: and then :lol: xD the second ending was the same as well, I found it funny. (Does that make me an evil girl? :? )
The neutral end was neutral. ('Nuff said) :|
The real bad end and good end was actually pretty realistic because the situation that happens (I'm not spoiling it!) isn't portrayed at all in the manga (up to what I've read anyway) and it is a definite possibility.
All in all: Cheap ending? No you've got it wrong! It's amusing!
I hope that this was of some help (to someone)?

And... LAVI IS SO CUTEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Please make more~

Uh for the art maybe I can help? I'm not a really good artist but I'm sure I can try? If you want?
So glad you liked it and I'm happy there's another D Gray Man lover. Sorry if he was out of character for you. I'll admit that Lavi wasn't at his peak in this game and that's why Fenrir wasn't happy with this that much. Still, it was a cute and fun game to do and if we ever decide to expand and make it better, it'll be more fun.
Really happy you like the ending. I thought people would be mad but Fenrir didn't want to get rid of them and said she thought they were funny. Glad it was realistic as well. Only thing, like Fenrir, that I wish was different was how Lavi was made, but we only had a few days. Anyway, thanks for playing and the feedback. Oh and welcome to the forum :)