Fear Not [Short KN] [Family] [+German] [+Jap] [+Web version]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

Fear Not [Short KN] [Family] [+German] [+Jap] [+Web version]

#1 Post by kukiko-tan »

Fear Not

Summary:
A little boy getting over his fears of riding a bike. A short, light-hearted story.

Preview:
Image Image

=> Download:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/GnshUh60ce/FearNot.html
https://www.mediafire.com/?lab9y0na1dclu7u

German Translated
https://www.mediafire.com/?okh6m5d1yxmuoqb
Translated by (the awesome) NoJoker

Japanese Translated
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227 ... ot-win.zip
Translated by (the awesome) Kudo

Web Version
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/227 ... index.html
By (the awesome) Alte

This is a story I had thought up for a french essay I had to do a few months ago. I thought it would be good to be put into a kinetic novel and I also thought that, before I begin with bigger projects, I should start with small ones. Although it's quite a short story, I hope you'll enjoy it! D'8 I'm having some troubles with the new screen language...I didn't manage to do much regarding the GUI side, so it's not very polished. Oh, by the way, this is my very first finished game! Yay!
Feedback anytime accepted :wink: Don't be shy!
-> One question though: What message are you left with after finishing the game? (example: "I think the game's message is that family is important.")
Last edited by kukiko-tan on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: Fear Not [Short KN] [Family]

#2 Post by Donmai »

Beautiful! I feel at home when it comes to stories about fear (see my signature :mrgreen: ). When I finished playing I could only think that fear is always there only waiting to be defeated, and that love is fear's worst enemy.
BTW I'm 57 and I still can't ride a bike. Maybe I'm needing more love. :)
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

saguaro
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Locked-In, Sunrise, The Censor
Organization: Lucky Special Games
itch: saguarofoo

#3 Post by saguaro »

I was hoping to play this, but I'm having some trouble with 4shared. Would you mind uploading to the forum?

Angie
Regular

#4 Post by Angie »

Sweet story. :)
And, the message I've got at the end was... 'If somebody I care for is in need, I will do anything for them, even overcome my biggest fear'.
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#5 Post by InvertMouse »

In a community filled with moe, it's refreshing to see something like this! The artwork is simply and yet that is precisely what fits the tale so well. Will download to give a read :).

kukiko-tan
Regular

#6 Post by kukiko-tan »

Donmai wrote:Beautiful! I feel at home when it comes to stories about fear (see my signature :mrgreen: ). When I finished playing I could only think that fear is always there only waiting to be defeated, and that love is fear's worst enemy.
BTW I'm 57 and I still can't ride a bike. Maybe I'm needing more love. :)
Thank you! 8') Oh, just how nice must it be to find games or other things that make you feel like at home! What else makes you feel like at home? :D I'm glad that's what you were left with. It's so true!
A big, good dose of love needs to be taken, sir :)! You gotta' love the bike!
saguaro wrote:I was hoping to play this, but I'm having some trouble with 4shared. Would you mind uploading to the forum?
Uploading... as in attaching the file to the topic? That's what you mean? I tried and it takes much more time, so I added a mediafire link. I hope that works for you! If not, then I will try again to upload it by attaching the file 8'). Also, I'm sorry for replying late! I hope you didn't lose your interest.
Angie wrote:Sweet story. :)
And, the message I've got at the end was... 'If somebody I care for is in need, I will do anything for them, even overcome my biggest fear'.
Thank you! 8')
That's really nice, I'm glad you were left with such a message...Oh, but what about the people you don't care for?8'D
InvertMouse wrote:In a community filled with moe, it's refreshing to see something like this! The artwork is simply and yet that is precisely what fits the tale so well. Will download to give a read :).
I'm glad it is like that 8'D!
Unfortunately, there aren't many games that focus on such things. I love the films I watched and the games I played in my childhood that focused on teaching the kids good things. For example, after I had watched the anime "Kaleido Star" I was left with a sincere wish of making people around me smile. That's what I wish I could do with my games as well 8'D, to leave people with such wishes.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Fear Not [Short KN] [Family] [+German] [+Web version]

#7 Post by Ran08 »

Ooooh, seems interesting. :3 Plus there's a German version so... yay for language practice! Haha.

It's fairly short too, yes? I might be able to play this today. Hahaha. =) Can't wait.

Edit: Okay, so... I did play it. Hahaha. Awww, that was super cute. :") Thanks for this! I like it. Short and sweet, but it got its message across. Haha. It kinda hit me too that I never really learned how to bike coz... um, my dad was always too scared that I'd fall and hurt myself. Awww. He totally should have feared not. Hahaha. :))

kukiko-tan
Regular

#8 Post by kukiko-tan »

Ran08 wrote:Ooooh, seems interesting. :3 Plus there's a German version so... yay for language practice! Haha.

It's fairly short too, yes? I might be able to play this today. Hahaha. =) Can't wait.

Edit: Okay, so... I did play it. Hahaha. Awww, that was super cute. :") Thanks for this! I like it. Short and sweet, but it got its message across. Haha. It kinda hit me too that I never really learned how to bike coz... um, my dad was always too scared that I'd fall and hurt myself. Awww. He totally should have feared not. Hahaha. :))
Ahhh I wish I thanked you much earlier. I'm not very sure how the forum social etiquette's goes, so I thought that I should wait to have more people give feedback and then answer so I would not bump (if that's how it's called) the topic too much but I still ended up feeling bad :o so whatevs! I'll just shower you with my gratitude.
Thank you sooooo much >v<)/ I've had my own falling experience with bikes until I got to learn the trick. But years passed and I forgot how to and once again I'm scared to ride it = 7 = ) ;; ahaaaha ;; and that's a nice dad 8'). I remember mine encouraging me to go without his guidance and let it goooo let it gooo-- okok.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#9 Post by Ran08 »

Awww, that's okay. :) You can reply as much as you like! Haha. Double posting is not allowed, but if you've got new info, it's okay I think. Anyway, you didn't even double post by replying to my post, so... no rules broken here. :D

Oh, well, I even made a mini review here. :D I am a bad plugger, haha. Buuut, your dad is nice too! He trusts that you could do it yourself. It sad that you forgot how to ride it though. How could you?! Haha, kidding. :)

kukiko-tan
Regular

Re: Fear Not [Short KN] [Family] [+German] [+Jap] [+Web vers

#10 Post by kukiko-tan »

Update: Japanese and German versions were added, and also a web version (credits are given in the main post)!