Thanatos Contract Episode III: Shiniablo

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jintoki
Regular
Completed: Thanatos Contract: Episode I-III, XenoComi 1-4, KOS-MOS: Project Love
Projects: XenoComi (English)
Organization: Endless Finale Productions

Thanatos Contract Episode III: Shiniablo

#1 Post by Jintoki »

The Thanatos Contract series has finally reached its conclusion!

The story so far...

**CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE PREVIOUS EPISODES**

Virgil, Dominique, and AnimeFan21's attempt to confront Mr. Smiles before he could euthanize Victor turned out to be a bust. The retaliation only drove Mr. Smiles further to his goal. Not only that, but Virgil's mindless action may have jeopardized the friendship with his online pals. With the clock ticking, Virgil is short on time to stop Mr. Smiles from fulfilling the contract. Will he be able to repair his friendships before it is too late?

Characters
Virgil
The main protagonist of Thanatos Contract. After his father died and brother put into a coma during a family trip, Virgil drowned deep within his own despair. One day, his online friend Dominique came to him in order to discuss a contract: a death contract to put his comatose brother out of his misery. Reluctantly agreeing, the choice ended up becoming one of his greatest mistakes.

Dominique
Virgil's online friend, aka Mistress Eternity, who met with him in real life to discuss the death contract. Supportive and outgoing in the online world, Dominique is extremely shy and introverted in real life, even around her online friends.

AnimeFan21
The third friend of the online trio, AnimeFan21 is an outgoing individual, offline and on, who isn't afraid of speaking his mind. Being intersex and born of Chinese immigrants, AnimeFan21 has led a very tough social life, which made him very reluctant to meet his online friends at first. He still hides behind his online moniker, unwilling to share his true identity with his friends.

Victor
Virgil's twin brother. After an accident during a family trip, Victor was sent into a deep coma, lasting over half a year. Luckily, Victor overcame his coma, but not without a target being placed on his head by his own brother. In contrast to his twin, Victor is a bit more outspoken and confident, though hearing of his father's death has left him shaken.

Mr. Smiles
A member of the Shiniablo message board who can be contracted to carry out euthanasia to those who are suffering. Besides his own thread on the forum, Mr. Smiles leaves very little traces of himself. Even his identity is hidden behind a Japanese oni mask. Once a person signs his contract, he follows through no matter what.

The game contains 54,738 words with multiple endings based on which friendship you focus on the most: AnimeFan21 or Dominique. Unlocking both of their endings unlocks a true ending. The art gallery has up to 20 CGs to unlock along with 10 deleted scenes.

To download episode III (or either of the previous two episodes), please visit our website: http://thanatoscontract.net/download.html

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Thanatos Contract Episode III: Shiniablo

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I immediately downloaded and played this earlier! I thoroughly enjoyed the first two entries, so I want to give you really in-depth feedback on this one. I'll update this post to include it as soon as possible. Thanks for posting!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Jintoki
Regular
Completed: Thanatos Contract: Episode I-III, XenoComi 1-4, KOS-MOS: Project Love

#3 Post by Jintoki »

Thanks for giving it a shot! I eagerly await your input! :)

MikeConway

#4 Post by MikeConway »

Find the other ending to get the epilogue?! Dear god! Looks like I'll be at this awhile. :-P

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#5 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Goodness, it's been a while . . . and I still have to finish up with my comments! But I swear I'll get there! Today, even! Life keeps going, "Hey, wait! You can't do that! You need to do this first!" and it's getting old. But I have a nice chunk of time to go over everything later today. I'll have to make sure I yell at myself until I get it done. :shock:
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Jintoki
Regular

#6 Post by Jintoki »

@MikeConway: Yeah, sorry. If you saved it right, I suppose you could get the other ending with minimal backtrack, but you may miss some events. But hey, that's what the skip button is for. XD

@Mad Harlequin: No worries! I'd rather have some feedback, good or bad, than none at all. Take your time.