Homuha no X 1.5 [KN] [BxG] [Comedy] [Fully Voiced!]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VHC_Softwares
Regular

Homuha no X 1.5 [KN] [BxG] [Comedy] [Fully Voiced!]

#1 Post by VHC_Softwares »

Comedy | Kinectic Novel | ~40 mins | 15+
Downloads, characters, and more: Click me!
VNDB Entry: http://vndb.org/v14295

Story

After a tumultuous week, Kou and his twin sister Homuha decide to spend a leisurely day downtown. But due to various circumstances, they end up becoming the most wanted criminals in the city! Can they prevail over the pigs or will they spend the rest of their lives in stripes? Find out in “Homuhano X 1.5: Sukisuki Date Daisakusen!”
~11000 words

Screenshots
Credits
Graphic Assets: Teatime
Writing, Programming, Character Creation, Posing: Me
Music: Free internet sites, My friend, Me

Cast
Kou Kouzuki: Daniel Guadagnino
Homuha Kouzuki: Cristina Vee
Sachiko Kanemoto: Lindz Steindler
Katsura: Lindz Steindler
Erika Chougasaki: Jane Redd
Joy Ichijou: Brittany Lauda
Police Officers: Bradley Petyak
Ryuu: Steve Vito
Police Comissioner: Edwyn Tiong
Message from the Creator
I hope you all enjoy this game! It's the first one I've actually completed and I think it's just peachy. I did a limited release back in December and now I want to share with everyone.

The pacing is very similar to a comedy anime, or maybe even a sitcom episode. There are plenty of gags and references to go around, as well as moe moments for those who like cartoon girls... If such people exist here.

If you liked it, tell your friends! Tell your dog! Tell everyone!

12/24/14 UPDATE: Voiced version is out, featuring the talents of Cristina Vee, Edwyn Tiong, and more!
I even made a cookie clicker in Ren' Py, check it out!
And I even translated it into Japanese! Wow!

Cookie Clicker
Last edited by VHC_Softwares on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

makotan

Re: Homuha no X 1.5 [KN] [BxG] [Comedy] [It's like anime!]

#2 Post by makotan »

This looks pretty good honestly, but do you have permission to use backgrounds from Love Death?

VHC_Softwares
Regular

#3 Post by VHC_Softwares »

makotan wrote:This looks pretty good honestly, but do you have permission to use backgrounds from Love Death?
No, but it's a custom maker game so I think it's within allowable bounds to use it to make stuff. If they didn't want me to do this, they should have allowed transparent BG output. :D

Besides, TEATIME disbanded a while back and I gave them a top spot in the credits.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4 Post by Mad Harlequin »

That's a poor way to operate, if you ask me. It's always best to ask for permission to use resources that aren't yours before you use them.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by DaFool »

Well it's not like he's going to get more of an audience here even if he did put in totally original resources. There are quite a few 3D custom girl games out there, and eroge makers do sometimes specifically open source their assets knowing that the otaku would use them and swamp DLsite.

That said, this game really does capture the feel of a moe anime. I think creator is bilingual.

VHC_Softwares
Regular

#6 Post by VHC_Softwares »

DaFool wrote:Well it's not like he's going to get more of an audience here even if he did put in totally original resources. There are quite a few 3D custom girl games out there, and eroge makers do sometimes specifically open source their assets knowing that the otaku would use them and swamp DLsite.
Exactly, the Japanese scene is lenient with this sort of stuff. Many people are selling erotic picture collections made with these games and no one bats an eyebrow. I'm not thrilled about using their assets, but I love Teatime and wouldn't dare do it if it wasn't in allowable bounds. Too bad they had to go under.

Anyway, let's keep discussion limited to Homuha no X...

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#7 Post by thebackup »

Just played through it and enjoyed it. Especially loved the part at the lingerie store, perhaps the best scene in the game! The ending was well done, too.

When I first saw the title I was sorta expecting a Madoka Magica type game, I misread Homuha as Homura. :lol: Although she does look like Homura in a way.

Great job! Hope to see this get voiced, and hope to see more, say, episodes.

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#8 Post by plaster »

How goes the VA search?

VHC_Softwares
Regular

#9 Post by VHC_Softwares »

plaster wrote:How goes the VA search?
It's proceeding relatively well. However, I'm lacking in female VAs which is ironic for a moe game. Come on female VAs, quit staring at your Youtube channel's subscriber count and audition for me. :lol:

VHC_Softwares
Regular

Re: Homuha no X 1.5 [KN] [BxG] [Comedy] [Fully Voiced!]

#10 Post by VHC_Softwares »

So, the voice actor search ended well and I ended up with Cristina Vee (Puella Magi Madoka Magica), Edwyn Tiong (Dust: An Elysian Tail), Brittany Lauda (Queen's Blade: Rebellion), and many others!

Also, check out the cookie clicker minigame that I completely programmed in Ren'Py! Seriously, what a robust engine. I have little programming experience yet I was able to do it... after a few hours of googling.