Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kiittenz
Completed: Wish Upon A Christmas
Projects: The Deck of Hearts

Re: Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

#91 Post by Kiittenz »

This is such a great game! I love the concept and the art, and the dragons and, well, everything :D *Especially the dragons* Like I would have paid to play this with all the work put into it xD It's just so endearing with the gorgeous art, and getting to know the characters as they go on a journey is so fun. The touch of romance was really perfect because now I'm really wanting to see what happens afterward with whether Auralee gets to see everyone again. I just think it's a great world you came up with and a great story :)

Kirlett
Regular

#92 Post by Kirlett »

I only logged to tell you that this game was AMAZING. Awesome work! I cried. I don't usually cry with these things, but at the ending...with that song [Thank You-Jason Chen] OMG, now I get the expresion cry me a river. Damn, it was so good.

But, PLEASE. I'm begging you. Can you please make a sequel?! I loved the ending and the drama of being separated, but I need a sequel! I need them to reunite or something. And maybe a new guy? e_e Okay, I'm asking for too much, sorry.
It could be a new main character, another girl, with new bachellors...but showing us how the trio got reunited <3 That would be awesome too.
(Srly, I'm a little obsessed with this game >_< All I want for Christmas is yo---a sequeel~! Haha, sorry.)

The main character was perfection. She's never annoying, she's cute and she kicks ass! Yay! Loved her hair btw!
The dragons *w* They're WONDERFUL! But...Kerr is my favorite. The neck scene... :wink: okay, THAT was hot. I enjoyed it hohoho.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain, but I needed to tell you how brilliant your work is. I can't wait for your next project.
Oh! And THANK YOU, REALLY, REALLY, THANK YOU, for making this FREE. :D

DrSchizo
Regular
Tumblr: ninesquarezone

Re: Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome]

#93 Post by DrSchizo »

KittyKatStar wrote:It's a false positive by the Avira antivirus. It should work if the virus definition file is newer than 7.11.63.178.
I've just updated Avira antivirus and it is still a false positive (I don't have the same problem with other Ren'Py game). Had to disable it to play the game, but it definitely worth it! :)
Last edited by DrSchizo on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#94 Post by KittyKatStar »

RotGtIE wrote:
I love cross-culture stories - Enemy Mine is a particular favorite - but in some cases I found the dragons, particularly Ilmari, to be staggeringly ignorant at times, moreso than would be expected for a different species from a foreign culture. It was a little difficult to swallow the plausibility of a dragon who eagerly studied human culture enough to speak their language fluently, yet was completely ignorant of elementary concepts like currency or writing. Kerr was a much more believable character, as his disinterest in human society made for a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why he would not know things one would expect a child to understand.
(Haven't touched the game in forever, so memory might be a bit hazy)
Ilmari (aside from one disastrous boat event... which was probably the reason why he was banned lol) was forbidden from interacting or being near heavenkind settlements like villages/cities. He'd have to settle for overhearing the language from people who ventured out near the rivers/forests - hunters, foragers, fishermen, woodcutters. People likely from self-sustaining communities, relied more heavily on barter/trade than currency and probably didn't openly discuss literature/writing, or not everyone was literate. However he'd learn a bit about their food (mostly prep/gathering), and their dexterous activities. For the language, I figured dragonkind would have an exceptional memory from being oral-orientated so he'd soak it up like a sponge. He's eager and *wants* to learn, he just didn't really have a chance.

Kerr knew sliiightly more about heavenkind than Ilmari (although it was forced education so most would probably pass through one ear and out the other anyway), hence why he wasn't interested in exploring Berri, knew *some* terms like 'bench', although didn't care to learn about terms heavenkind gave to things dragons already named. XD

Hope that makes sense! I'm not really smart, so I'm not good at thinking things thoroughly, especially on a month deadline. XD

And yea I struggle with passive voice (probably cuz I'm passive myself lol) and tend to mix up things a lot so I'll actively try to fix that more. =) Thanks for the feedback!

SapphireDragon
Deviantart: snowhummingbird

#95 Post by SapphireDragon »

I loved this VN, thank you! <3

Especially Ilmari. <3 Adorable, cuddly, blue dragon of cuteness. <3

And I loved how your group is called Apple Cider and Kerr loved apple. xD

WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

#96 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

An amazing game with amazing artwork. Though I do think the overall story seemed a bit short. But I did complete it in several hours of non-stop playing, so it may just seem short because of that. (Sadly I got the "Alone" ending the first time.)
Ilmari has to be one of the cutest and funniest characters I've seen out every game I've played (otome or not). Kerr, for some reason, reminded me of InuYasha a lot though. Personality-wise, mostly. But that made him quite amusing, though not as much as Ilmari.
I'm very curious as to what happens after all this though. Do they get to meet again or will they not? It's an amusing thought. I'm sure everyone is hoping that there will be a sequel at some point, even if it might follow a different set of main characters.

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#97 Post by Harliqueen »

I played this a while ago (it was the second VN I'd ever played!), and was blown away by it. In fact, it was one of the VNs that inspired me to try my hand at making my own.

The artwork was stunning and the writing was really compelling! I have to say Kerr was my favourite character by far :D

All of it was absolutely brilliant!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#98 Post by NiKaWo »

Just finished. I am sad now, I got unexpectedly attached to the two. :(

It would be really nice if there was an epilogue.

Anyway, thanks for the game!
Last edited by NiKaWo on Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherberrie
Regular

#99 Post by sherberrie »

This is a really cute visual novel with great quality that I'm really glad I got to play it for free. The story was good, I was immersed the whole time and Ilmari (my bachelor of choice. Can't resist the cute guys) was super adorable. Enough said. Anyhow, I appreciate all the hard work used to make this wonderful game and playing it was indeed as warm and comforting as apple cider. :)

Aceisawesome
Tumblr: meheartonepiece

#100 Post by Aceisawesome »

I have a question! How is Ilmari so cute? X33333 Kerr is also very cute, but Ilmari is the cutest tbh. I loved the story, and I'd love to play a sequel! :D

AnoelDreamer
Regular
Projects: Harvest Moon: Meadow of Dreams

#101 Post by AnoelDreamer »

This is an adorable game. I downloaded and played it last week, and it's still lingering in my mind. I LOVE dragons, this so would be attractive to me no matter what, but the art is amazing too! The story is nice and cute. Kudos for this one!

Phoenixcan

#102 Post by Phoenixcan »

having problem with sound...there is none, avutil-52.dll had to skip wouldn't register, python27.dll was missing so i restarted it and now i can play but now i have no sound, im interested in the sounds you used, anything will due, a patch in case sound doesn't work maybe?

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#103 Post by AsHLeX »

I really want to play this...but I can't download it?
It says "The file you have selected (autumnsjourney-1.0-win.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying." @_@ Help?
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#104 Post by Deji »

AsHLeX wrote:I really want to play this...but I can't download it?
It says "The file you have selected (autumnsjourney-1.0-win.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes. To access more download mirrors we encourage you to join the community, otherwise please be patient and keep trying." @_@ Help?
Huh, that's strange, it works for me o_o Maybe it was a temporary issue with where we uploaded it.
You can get it from here:
http://apple-cider.co/downloads/autumns ... .0-win.zip
Phoenixcan wrote:having problem with sound...there is none, avutil-52.dll had to skip wouldn't register, python27.dll was missing so i restarted it and now i can play but now i have no sound, im interested in the sounds you used, anything will due, a patch in case sound doesn't work maybe?
Do you have an antivirus running and getting rid of some of the files?
As far as I know that's usually the problem. Beyond that, I'm not sure what I can do ):
You can try re-downloading the game from the link above and make sure your antivirus doesn't get rid of anything and try if it works.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Selwyn
Tumblr: charmysketches

#105 Post by Selwyn »

This Visual Novel is so inspiring to me! I'm so thankful to you and your whole team for making this. Everything about this VN was high quality! If you ever decide to make a sequel to Autumns Journey, or another story in Ishtera, I would gladly fund/pay for it! All of you on the Apple Cider team are so talented and inspire me as an artist, voice actress and writer. I'm working on some Autumns Journey fan art right now. (,,^_^,,)
The artbook is amazingly detailed as well! I was wondering if I was missing something when I saw the intro storyboards, did Apple Cider run out of time to complete these animations? I would love to see them.
I was also very impressed with the music. It'd be great to have a digital soundtrack released so that I could add Autumns Journey's music to my soundtrack collection on itunes.
Freelance Graphic Designer & Illustrator TUMBLR
Voice Actress SOUNDCLOUD