Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

#76 Post by sonorousgem »

Wow, this was awesome! (or amazing, as Ilmari has the tendency to say ;DDD)
So much cuteness, but I was also impressed by the depth of the story and characters in the midst of that (and with a short playthrough too!)!
and I'm sure you've gotten this a lot, but the art is beautiful~ The characters, the bgs, the cgs, the chibis, the everything... it's so professional!
I really enjoyed this, and recommended it to a friend too :) Great job and congratulations for completing it!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#77 Post by Deji »

Hey guys! Long time no post :'D
Just letting you know that a Spanish and Catalan translation is being worked on by a lovely volunteer!
It will take a while, but we'll let you know when it's done :)

And on a random note, AJ also has a TVTropes page now! xD
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... mnsJourney

Thanks for playing and enjoying our little game! >w<
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

tobesomething
Projects: Unnamed LGBT Slice of Life
Tumblr: ewnerds

#78 Post by tobesomething »

I loved this game, although I felt it added a bit abruptly. I actually remember downloading this right around its release, but I guess I deleted it before even getting through Chapter 1. Huh. At least I was able to experience this story, even if it was a quite a bit later on.

I find it strange that Ilmari is always facing forward, yet Kerr is always at a 3/4 angle. I was wondering why that is...

Anywho, I loved Kerr and all the neck nuzzling. I wish we got some CGs of the kisses and of a few other scenes, but the sketches in the credits did comfort me some. It was a nice game, and I hope you guys are considering a sequel, or even a short comic update would suffice. I kind of want to see Ilmari teaching Kerr the transformation spell, (or trying to, anyways). It would be a nice little extra.

RockCaptain
Tumblr: rockcaptain
Deviantart: RockCaptain35

#79 Post by RockCaptain »

I can't download it! >.< Help please!
???

RockCaptain

#80 Post by RockCaptain »

Please HEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#81 Post by Deji »

It seems people are having problems with downloading it from Mediafire =/
I'll change all the links to dropbox instead.

Windows:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/133 ... .0-win.zip
Mac:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/133 ... .0-mac.zip
Linux:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/133 ... ux.tar.bz2
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

RockCaptain

#82 Post by RockCaptain »

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lady_Luck94

#83 Post by Lady_Luck94 »

Sweet story with cute art <3
I hope there's a sequel with even more gorgeous dragon :>

ADarkDynasty

#84 Post by ADarkDynasty »

Firstly, this game was amazing. I was hesitant at first, but as soon as I played it I fell in love!

I really hope there will be a sequeal, or some more games that originate off the original.

You know how in starry sky they do Starry Sky in spring, starry sky after spring.

Maybe you could do that like. Springs Journey, Summers Journey and Winters Journey, but obviously keep the original characters throughout the whole thing and add in characters so you can continue your love story with them, or start a new one.

Just a suggestion though ;D

ColaCat
Veteran

#85 Post by ColaCat »

This game is amazing! I especially like how depending on your affinity with the boys the "overwriting save" chibi will change.
How do you get your art so shiny? Can you upload a tutorial or something? It's brilliant how sheek it looks.

Also, I noticed an error in the artbook (although it might be deliberate). When talking about Auralee's dad you say "This is Mr. Bayard, Aura's mom and Andrine's husband."
I didn't know if this was a mistake or not, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. :3

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#86 Post by Lesleigh63 »

This was so cute to play. Loved the artwork - beautiful looking sprites and I'm in love with the colour and style of the backgrounds (reminds me of oil paintings). Satisfying story. Thanks for releasing such a professional looking VN for free.

lockpicklogic
Regular

#87 Post by lockpicklogic »

Very entertaining and lots of fun :D
Kerr is sweet and Ilmari is just so adorable!
...I want to touch their ears :cry:
Thank you for making this :D

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

#88 Post by Aviala »

Ohh man, I just played it through and it's 4 AM. But I don't regret anything, I just have so intense warm and fuzzy feels about the game! I picked the friendship route because friendships are the best and I'm just kind of overcome with love for all the characters. I often find perky female characters a bit annoying but Aura managed to steal my heart. Ahh, I don't know how I can sleep now, I'm just so overwhelmed. Thanks for making this game!

anoko

#89 Post by anoko »

This VN was so pretty oh my gosh.

Thanks for making such a lovely game. Experiencing its universe and the characters in it was a truly wonderful experience -- and, yes, I suppose it did give me warm feelings much like apple cider. :)
Here's to hoping that a sequel will really come through!

Kerrrrrr, my love.

RotGtIE
Veteran

#90 Post by RotGtIE »

For me, this was a surprisingly pleasant step into the alien world of otome VNs. Above all else, I feel that this story had excellent pacing. 40k words in a month is quite a task in and of itself; having it be a well-paced plot rather than a loose collection of scenes is all the more impressive. That was very well done, I thought, especially considering the time limit imposed on the author.

A few thoughts, if you don't mind:
The writing itself would have benefited significantly from the addition of an editor. While the content itself is good, there are a number of technical errors present. Tense sometimes changes in the midst of a sentence, as does the subject, and in some paragraphs, the topic switches around as well. The passive voice also rears its ugly head from time to time. The story is quite well-written, it just could have used some touch-ups from a critical eye to iron out these sorts of wrinkles here and there.
I love cross-culture stories - Enemy Mine is a particular favorite - but in some cases I found the dragons, particularly Ilmari, to be staggeringly ignorant at times, moreso than would be expected for a different species from a foreign culture. It was a little difficult to swallow the plausibility of a dragon who eagerly studied human culture enough to speak their language fluently, yet was completely ignorant of elementary concepts like currency or writing. Kerr was a much more believable character, as his disinterest in human society made for a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why he would not know things one would expect a child to understand.
Although it's been commented on already, I rather enjoyed the quest board scenes. I thought it was a clever way to demonstrate the passage of time and I felt that the summaries were well-executed. It's difficult to deal with the mundane, as you run the risk of either boring the reader with some slow, relatively uneventful scenes, or skipping out on the opportunity to develop characters and their relationships altogether. Using the characters themselves to narrate these summaries was an excellent decision. I feel that the inclusion of these brief side-stories was a fair way to approach the task, and I think you pulled it off well.
The decision to use partial voice acting was a bold one, but the shortcomings of the techniques used became apparent at times. A bright, cheerful "thanks" can be jarring when it is used to give voice to a line of dialogue which is clearly meant to be spoken in a sombre or sarcastic tone, and this sort of tonal mismatch occurs more than a few times throughout the story. Can't be helped, I suppose, and others seemed to like it, so I'd chalk it up to personal preference.
Deji's artwork is spectacular as usual. Screen captures alone would have given me the impression that this had been a commercial product. I wish I could say more but words simply don't do justice to the quality of her work.

Overall, quite good. I'd recommend it even beyond the target audience. It's a worthy read.