Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Re: Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome]

#31 Post by SilverHyena »

KittyKatStar wrote: Deji and I realized we both flubbed with how Auralee was all casual around dragons when heavenkind are supposed to worship them (it's actually an optional thing, some heavenkind fear them, revere them, ignore them and only worship sun/moon, we weren't able to show the range though with limited characters). I guess she's just that laidback, I think she got it from her mom. XD (And props to the dad, who made dinner for the dragons.)
For what it's worth, that's what I took it as. Aura doesn't seem to be the type of character who is overly concerned with formalities. In short, I don't think this is an actual problem, but that could just be me. :P

Anyway, thank you guys for such a lovely game! I can't believe it's free considering the its quality. (Makes me want to work harder on my freebies... :shock: ) Of course, I should have expected it'd be that awesome considering the team! I look forward to your other projects (the winterwolves games are the ones I know about, but I'm sure there are others. :P)!

Now back to playing! 8) I have two more endings to get!

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#32 Post by Deji »

I'm so happy you guys have liked the game so far ;v;
You have no idea how happy it makes us! (I keep repeating this, but it's so true!)

We got some good feedback too from other people outside LSF and w'll work on improving for our next game :)

I've been busy and haven't had much time to work on the art book, so it's safer to delay it for a week so I don't keep delaying my work over it ^^;

Sorry for the inconveniences *bows*
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#33 Post by Didules »

Congratulation on the release!

What a lovely game! And probably one of the most awaited one from last year NaNo too!
After having play all the paths, my only critique is that.... I didn't really understand how I got the romance endings :lol: I mean, i did almost the same choices, but poooof! Tons of cuteness instead of tons of friendship! But whatever, it's not that important X3

This game was...well done. From the main menu to the crédits in the end, from the writing to the art, everything felt polished and neat. Almost as if it was a professionnel commercial game! (But Yay! You made it free, thanks a lot! :mrgreen: )
The art was amazing (as usual I'd say), and it was really easy to understand what was going on, even for non-native-speaker (thanks a lot for this, it would have been annoying to have to look into a dictionnary every few lines :lol: ). (And the chibi scènes were so CUTE TTwTT)
It was a shame that we couldn't get to learn more about the world they live in (Ishtera, is that it?), because it felt way more developped that what we've seen...
However, this game is really good, so thanks a thousand times for making it!! :)
Last edited by Didules on Sun May 25, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#34 Post by distorsion »

Just finished, and I must say, very good game. So quality I was amazed it's free! OoO
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#35 Post by Lire »

Aw.. Thank you for this VN's. 8) :wink:
I've made a review in return. :lol:
http://scan-vn.blogspot.com/2014/05/aut ... urney.html
Thank you again :D
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#36 Post by try10 »

I enjoyed playing this game so much! The characters were lovely and the way the dragons showed their affection was so cute. The music gave me a very nice feeling and the chibis were adorable. I really want to see a sequel or a story that takes place in the same universe. Good luck with your future projects! :D

Rosstin2
Veteran
Completed: King's Ascent, Kitty Love
Projects: Queen At Arms, Rex Rocket
Organization: Aqualuft Games

#37 Post by Rosstin2 »

The art is BEAUTIFUL

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#38 Post by janrrah18 »

Whohoooaaahhh!! :shock:
It loooks sooo..PROFESSIONALLY DONE!! AMAZING!!! I GOTTA PLAY THIS!!! :D

Birdetta13

#39 Post by Birdetta13 »

The link isn't working for me. Can you upload it somewhere else too?

amaysingly

#40 Post by amaysingly »

Wow, this game was great! Hehe,
(when Aura thought that Kerr was trying to eat her when he licked her neck :lol: And Auralee snuggled Ilmari's neck when she was sleeping~~~ eeee it made Ilmari have mixed feelings~!!)
I still need to play Iimari's route.

Anyways, I love Auralee because she is all about swords!! I've been craving an otome game with a headstrong heroine, and if Auralee isn't headstrong then I don't know who is! Really, I love her character and I also love Auralee and her mothers relationship. I also like the fact that there are a lot of girl knights, something I noticed while reading.

Everyones saying there should be a sequel and I agree! You guys should consider making a stat game, with studying or training as strength and intelligence stats. Anyways, sorry, I'm getting carried away.

Thanks for making this game free. I recently bought a game for $20 and I wasn't satisfied with the purchase. This game, I would of been much more happier if I had bought.

n__n

Yosh'
Tumblr: friedyosheggs
Deviantart: Polka-Dotted-Yoshi

#41 Post by Yosh' »

This is one of my favorite visual novels, especially otome-wise. :D
All the characters are charming, I enjoyed the FE-like voice acting (where the actors used basic dialogue and it was recycled throughout the story), the artwork is extremely nice (but I'd expect nothing less from Deji), and the story was enjoyable and simple. It's been some time since I played an EVN where I didn't once get bored with the writing, and it's a free EVN at that! (Let me tell you, I've played a demo of 2-3 EVNs, found them interesting enough to purchase the games, only to be fairly disappointed with the results.)

I played Ilmari's route about two weeks ago and I still need to play Kerr's route.
From what did play, however, I really would love to see some plans for a sequel or even a spin-off.
I would also really like to see that digital artbook. :]

Anyway, great job! I'll keep an eye out for any other visual novels you guys release (if any. I know how time consuming this can be. xD).
Find my art at these pages!
tumblr | deviantART | pixiv

Skarn
Regular

#42 Post by Skarn »

Ah, dragons as humans, my secret weakness! I don't know why, I have a fondness for powerful, divine or quasi-divine beings assuming a weak bipedal form for a while.

First of all, the game is quite beautiful. Great assets, great chibis, great CGs, great UI. All green.

Next the story is simple but I did enjoy it a lot. The characters are all goods, the rhythm is consistent, we discover a handful of places and people (at first, I feared all game will take place in the forest). I also especially like that for once, the friendship ending is also a good one. I have enough of VNs where no active romance=a disappointing, cut short bad ending.

If I had to find a bad point, I would say I find the small sounds the characters sometimes make ("Woah!", "What the hell?"...), the pseudo-dub, not so great. Perhaps because it remind me too much of Navi's "Hey listen", but I don't think these sounds really add something to the dialogs. Also, is it me or do they almost disappear past the first quarter?

To summarize this in one sentence: it's great stuff, just go read it.

PS : Is Lady Bayard a reference to Pierre Terrail?
PPS : If you decide to make a not free sequel (using Kickstarter for example), I will gladly pay for it.

Chibisaso
Regular
Projects: Their Happy Ending

#43 Post by Chibisaso »

god, this game. how can it be so good omfg the feels I have right now, I never thought dragons could be this cute. now I'm gonna spend the next few weeks drawing nothing but dragons dammit ;_;
AND THE FREAKIN NUZZLING REALLY GETS ME, I DIE INSIDE EVERY TIME THEY NUZZLE
I even sketched them I just couldn't help it.
kerr&aura.jpg
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I ACTUALLY SHIP HUMAN X NON-HUMAN, WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME, THIS GAME IS TOO GOOD URGH.

and the sketches in the credits were super cute too, this game started and ended to it's last moment amazing
I really hope I could see more games like this.

cmlion

#44 Post by cmlion »

WHOAH. THE ARTWORK IS SO STUNNING. And this is free, to boot! :0
I'm really amazed by the quality of the game!

sutekichan

#45 Post by sutekichan »

Uwaahhhh! :3 This game was so cute!! I loved it!! The story was so amazing, I really really hope there will be a sequel.

Oh, and the art was absolutely beautiful. Well done :)