Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KittyKatStar
Veteran

Re: Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome]

#61 Post by KittyKatStar »

It's a false positive by the Avira antivirus. It should work if the virus definition file is newer than 7.11.63.178.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#62 Post by Deji »

Around two months ago I said the art booklet would take me a week to finish.
Ha... haha...
Anyway!
Here it is! I hope you guys like it <3

https://gumroad.com/l/AJbook

(you can get it for free by paying $0 :P )
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#63 Post by Doomzilla »

I'm so appalled at myself for ignoring this game for so long, but so glad I did because it was just exactly what I needed. It was adorable left me feeling warm and fuzzy inside! Thank you for all your hard work! ^^

Gyl
Projects: Amber Skies

#64 Post by Gyl »

KittyKatStar wrote:It's a false positive by the Avira antivirus. It should work if the virus definition file is newer than 7.11.63.178.
Huh, my virus definition file is 8.11.165.192. I'll try it again, but first read up on how to make an exception, just in case.

EDIT: It works as long as I turn off real-time protection. Man, and I thought Avira was trustworthy... :?
Current projects:
Amber Skies

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Autumn's Journey [Fantasy][Friendship][Otome] +artbook

#65 Post by philip »

Just finished my second go-through of this story, trying some different choices. I must say, I enjoyed this time through as much as the first one. A wonderful story, with attractive art! I am sure that I will be back to this again.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

iamwhatonearth
Regular
Projects: The Town Called Data
Tumblr: iamwhatonearth
Deviantart: whatonearth

#66 Post by iamwhatonearth »

I didn't have an account but I made one to say this. Wow, this game is great. I got the friendship ending so far but I want to replay to get the romance endings!

succuren
Deviantart: gabbypinetree

#67 Post by succuren »

my friend recommended me this game and playing it was the best choice i've made
the story is really interesting, the interactions between the characters are super cute and the art is beautiful to boot
all three endings are really really sweet, and when i reached
my first friendship ending i kid you not i was bawling like a child i just really needed them back asap
anyway, thanks for making this game and i'd love to play the sequel!

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#68 Post by ebi-hime »

Aaaw, this is such a cute VN. Ilmari is 2cute4me. I was all like u///u during the scene where Aura is teaching him how to read XD So adorable.
And the art is really lovely, too o: It's so high quality o: And the character designs - they're so cute! And it was nice to see Aura's mother had a sprite, too - lots of parent characters in VNs are completely overlooked/ignored... which makes sense, since often they don't add that much to the story (or would just get in the way of the romances XD), but it was nice to see a parent being acknowledged.
And I love the fantasy-ish, psuedo-medieval-y setting. Those kinds of stories often end up being a lot of fun n_n;;

I was kind of sad there wasn't a cute epilogue at the end of the romance routes, to see how things panned out after the events of the story, but that was just me being greedy, wanting more XD Ehehe... n_n;;;
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Ersel

#69 Post by Ersel »

I love this game. The art is amazing, the story is unique, and the characters are just too sweet! I love both Ilmari and Kerr, but my favourite was Ilmari. He's too cute! And I think Auralee's great as the main character, she's realistic, she's not perfect, she's strong. I think this has become my favourite VN ever. (It has DRAGONS! Who is capable of not loving these cuties?)

The chibi moments really made my day. Even when it was the first time I was seeing that kind of CGs, I really liked them. I hope you use them in more of your VNs (bc, since this day, I'll be aware of you making more stories. Promise)
And above all, I couldn't help but fangirl a lot with the ears-touching scenes with both Ilmari and Kerr... that was... perfect!
Oh, and I really liked the artbook. Really. All the uncomplete CGs looked amazing.

I've been really caught into Auralee's world! Are you going to do a sequel? I would love seeing what happens next! But, even if that's not your plan, I'm really satisfied with Autumn's Journey. Fantastic!

P.S: I apologise for any mistakes. I finished the game a week ago (but I forgot to comment in this post, bc I'm such a disaster. I feel like trash, really) and English is not my mother language.

Hugs!

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#70 Post by CrimsonMoon »

I played through all this for a few hours and I must say it was fun. Storyline, art, music, background, GUI, they all match together. I had to turn off the voice over though, I kinda got distracted because of it, and at one time, I got shocked because of the voice. ^^; Overall, this is such a good game and I still want more, can't get enough of the cuteness, haha..
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

WispoWill

#71 Post by WispoWill »

I've never publically commented on an English Visual Novel before. I find them fascinating and have seen some interesting things tried, but over all they tend to give a different feel and flavor than the few Japanese ones I've gone through. (I realize there are various reasons for this, but just saying...)

Autumn's Journey was a wonderful reminder of everything that I enjoyed when I first encountered this type of game. It was marvelously done and I really enjoyed it. The artfwork was beautiful and the story was well executed. Thank you for sharing this with us all.

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#72 Post by daijinahito »

Just picked up the game today and already going into chapter 5~ I'm usually pretty picky when it comes to VNs, but this is a wonderful combination of story, dialogue, artwork, and music. It's written well, and the story never gets side tracked for too long. Besides that, not too many CGs, but what it does have is enough. The cg inserts, such as for the battle scenes and chibis were a marvelous touch, along with the blinking eyes and good amount of character expressions. The artwork, cgs, and sprites, are very well done. The colors are beautiful and everything seems pretty whole, as far as I'm concerned. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the current play through, but I feel like there's not going to be a second time for me. At least, not for a long time. If you guys ever decide to add some things to this VN, I'd suggest more replay value. Add more choices with branching paths and even some actual RPG elements would be just awesome! I recently saw a battle engine video that apparently runs in Ren'Py, and it looked amazing! Well, that's it from me. I'm still reading, so I'm going to get back to that. But, so far, good stuff! : )

RoziePozie
Regular
Projects: Culina

#73 Post by RoziePozie »

This game was recommended to me by Daijinahito. I have to say, it was incredibly cute. I really enjoyed the story. Thanks so much for making this! The art was stellar and I really enjoyed the music.

Azureth

#74 Post by Azureth »

Um, I think I just died of cute, and in the most wonderful way. Such a joy to play. It was absolutely fantastic, so heartwarming and oh the feels xD The story, the art, the music, the voice acting, it was all completely amazing and left me feeling very inspired.

Thank you so much for making this, and for putting it up for the world to play <3

theSardonyx

#75 Post by theSardonyx »

Awesome art plus interesting story line. What more can I ask for?

I loved the chibis, btw. They're really cute. :D