game no longer available

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
awin

no longer available

#16 Post by awin »

no longer available
Last edited by awin on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cuttlefish
Regular

Re: carnevale [escape game] + sostenuto [bxb implied romance

#17 Post by cuttlefish »

Got two more endings in carnevale~
the end, to be continued

Although, for the first of the above endings,
when you choose STAY, to the question 'escape?', you input 'no' when it should be 'yes', since the computer then says 'farewell' and the hatch opens.
It's too bad that you can't save whenever you want, which would make finding and replaying the endings (or certain events) much easier. Examples for certain events it'd be nice/helpful to look at again despite the main character's personality/previous knowledge:
rereading the teleport puzzle clue in the library, or the notes on the wall in the Archive Room.
Actually, I think the first one might be a bug (not that it's hard to remember the answer to that puzzle, but what if the player forgot?).

But anyway! I did like how the main character was actually affected by what happened in the past. So when I got a *certain* ending again, the character also reacted as if things were happening a second time (I mean, they were). For non-horror, I thought it was pretty creepy when I first ran into the
photograph puzzle (scary lady!). And then it was even creepier when I learned who the lady in the photo could be...
A tip for those who like fast text speed: make sure you set it back to slow once you've unlocked
the doc menu, and found the things you missed the first time.
Makes reading the {nw} lines much easier.

So did I miss anything? ^o^
Can you never access the 1st lounge for the teleport puzzles? I suppose that's possible since not all of the blue boxes seemed to work.
I had lots of fun playing carnevale (great game!), and if there's anything left to discover, I will search for it!

(As an aside, I give sostenuto props for convincing me to give apple pie a second chance xD I wasn't too fond of apple pie before playing it, but after those descriptions (and eating some apple pie), I see the dessert in a whole new light ^^)

awin

no longer available

#18 Post by awin »

no longer available
Last edited by awin on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

cuttlefish
Regular

Re: carnevale [escape game] + sostenuto [bxb implied romance

#19 Post by cuttlefish »

awin wrote:
That's intentional (: Because choosing to escape is to run away from the door (because at that point the subject knows what lies outside it).
Oh, I see! :o

Yes, I saw the picture x)
Which is why that creepy part I mentioned earlier became extra creepy to me xD
But you don't have to apologize for that!

Well done for both games, then! b^^
I look forward to your future works~

awin

no longer available

#20 Post by awin »

no longer available