game no longer available

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
awin

game no longer available

#1 Post by awin »

title:
play time:
rating:

summary:
game no longer available
Last edited by awin on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 am, edited 8 times in total.

ixWishing
Veteran

Re: carnevale [escape game] + sostenuto [bxb implied romance

#2 Post by ixWishing »

Since both are rated E, I'm going to download them both!
Usually escape room games scare me, so I wouldn't normally play them (I guess the whole scare factor thing in some horror games /shudders) but the cute pixel art lured me in! ;v; Plus it's rated E, so hurray, no scary twists or anything xD

Anyways, I'll post back later once I finish both of them! Downloading is taking 10+ minutes for both right now /orz
I see that both involve someone being locked in a room, eh? Could this mean something? o v o
- Everlasting Dreams ;

awin

no longer available

#3 Post by awin »

no longer available
Last edited by awin on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoosha
Regular

#4 Post by Hoosha »

HAY omg I must be stupid but WHY IS Jon helping the prince?! =] When the prince was like
'We both knew the answer but bla bla bla', I didn't know wdfek was going on -u- Explain to me plss.

=O ALSO is the prince locked up because he's
a bastard?

awin

no longer available

#5 Post by awin »

no longer available
Last edited by awin on Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ixWishing
Veteran

#6 Post by ixWishing »

awin wrote:I'm going to answer both of those questions in a spoiler tag - forgive me if I get long-winded!
The premise of sostenuto is that there are two people who both have feelings for each other but can't act upon them. Both of them vaguely know how they themselves feel and the other feels but they both also know their respective social statuses (and also have problems of their own), which is why the prince and Jon don't mention it outright.

And yes, the prince is locked up because he's a bastard ):
God dayumit TT__TT I knew that he's a
bastard D: considering how he's been treated
I just finished sostenuto last night! It was lovely! I like the implied romance, because I have a soft spot for stories that have
"two people who both have feelings for each other but can't act upon them"
as you said before ;v;

Anyways, for carnevale.. I'm so stuck on that LOL.
I didn't know it was the "input your command" type of game... which I horrendously suck at :S
All I managed to do was
use the commands feed, play and rest( which was learned from auto mode after he kept punching himself ><;; )
Then I learned 'talk' when he said he hasn't used his voice in a long time. But when I use talk and enter something like "What's your name?" The guy goes, "Hello is somebody there?" and he later thinks its a hardware malfunction no matter what I type. Am I supposed to talk to him with a microphone? And is there any other commands to use? There has to be, I believe, otherwise how would he escape? /orz
As of now, I'm horribly stuck and I have no idea what to do. All I do is use the same commands over and over for like 5 days in-game ;w; ...
- Everlasting Dreams ;

awin

no longer available

#7 Post by awin »

no longer available

ixWishing
Veteran

#8 Post by ixWishing »

awin wrote:Thank you for the comment about sostenuto! Very little actually happens in it so I'm glad you enjoyed it regardless.

I recommend that you keep entering commands and pay attention to the replies that come after the mention about the hardware malfunction (: There might be a hint there about another command.
Ahhh, so I kept entering the command talk to him, and here's what I get:
If there's a hardware malfunction... then something else may be broken (or among those lines)
There's no handles on the doors though, and I can't exactly force my way out either
So that's what he said, after he mentions the hardware malfunction. Erm, what do I do next?
I'm really bad at these things, so I can't figure anything out, or make out any hints xD;;
I feel like you should have a walkthrough for this, or something like that to help ;w;
- Everlasting Dreams ;

awin

no longer available

#9 Post by awin »

no longer available

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#10 Post by InvertMouse »

Really great to see so many visual novels blending with gameplay these days. I read there are no jump scares so I guess I am safe (>w<)! Downloading now :)~

awin

no longer available

#11 Post by awin »

no longer available

cuttlefish
Regular

#12 Post by cuttlefish »

I think I got all the endings for sostenuto! (4, right?) I liked the art, but I felt the story could have been more interesting. I suppose it was meant to be a sort of sleepy story? Even if that were the case, I think the story would have been more enjoyable if there was greater focus on the characters' actions and thoughts, and not the food they were eating, which had some pretty detailed descriptions. Unless you wanted to show that the characters themselves shouldn't have been very interesting, to not have such colorful descriptions (echoing the monotone palette for the art)? (Learning about their pasts was well and good, but that doesn't really describe them presently.)

I've gotten 3 endings in carnevale.
Ballroom, Scuttle, and Escape! Whoo!
I really liked the gameplay! I'm usually not good at interactive fiction / text adventures, but the pictures really helped. The hardest clue for me was
the photograph note. It was so obvious when I took the note literally :P
All the puzzles were logical, so (except for that clue I mentioned earlier) were quite easy to figure out. I'd say the game had a good difficulty level :)

But after having escaped, I'm not sure how to
find the places I missed the first time around, as the doc said. I got to the Archive Room, but I seemed to be missing something. I also haven't accessed the 1st lounge yet. I'm guessing I'd be able to once I figure out how to do something in the Archive Room. Do I just need to click around more?
Overall, they're both nice and simple games, though I admit I'm having more fun with carnevale~

I found one bug in carnevale, though.
start --> com --> go left or right --> go right or left to return to the hallway in front of the bedroom (the screen is black) --> go left or right, and the error "Image 'bg hall right [or left]' not found." appears in the topleft corner.
And not sure if this one is a bug, but
the observatory doesn't have a description in the help index.

awin

no longer available

#13 Post by awin »

no longer available

cuttlefish
Regular

#14 Post by cuttlefish »

Thank *you* for making these games! ;)

For the other carnevale bug,
the observatory doesn't show up in the index at all. It's not in the room menu, so I can't read a description/log for it.
(index --> room --> (observatory missing))
Now to explore some more!

KayAru
Organization: The White Spirit
IRC Nick: KayAru
Deviantart: PaintOfTheWind

#15 Post by KayAru »

Looks cool :3