Fatal Hearts (GxB/G, now free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: Fatal Hearts

#16 Post by Vatina »

The game is out :shock:
I need to get this... soon.... when I have money ^^; *shakes fist at upcoming convention*
Tried the demo and liked it alot :D (even if the cellphone puzzle was a little frustrating <_< I could figure out what I needed to do even before asking for hints, but just couldn't find the right buttons....)

Jake
Support Hero

#17 Post by Jake »

PrettySammy09 wrote:
However, I want to know if there's a more "romantic" ending, because both of the endings were a little "ewww" not "awww".
I'm still working through the rotating-rings puzzle on that path. At least, I presume it's that path, it looks likely.

But seriously; perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but isn't there always going to be at least a little 'ewww' in a match-up between a 200-year-old guy and a fifteen-year-old girl?
I don't know - I'm fairly liberal, I'm not exactly preaching a monogamous-hetrosexual-girl-two-years-younger-marriage-before-sex puritan relationship as the only moral choice, but there's something creepy about kidnapping and forcibly kissing girls less than a tenth your own age...

Now, Jeremy's a lot more believable. Plus he's insane! What more could a girl ask for? ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#18 Post by PrettySammy09 »

But seriously; perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but isn't there always going to be at least a little 'ewww' in a match-up between a 200-year-old guy and a fifteen-year-old girl?
I don't know - I'm fairly liberal, I'm not exactly preaching a monogamous-hetrosexual-girl-two-years-younger-marriage-before-sex puritan relationship as the only moral choice, but there's something creepy about kidnapping and forcibly kissing girls less than a tenth your own age...

Now, Jeremy's a lot more believable. Plus he's insane! What more could a girl ask for? ;-)
[/quote]
Since you're still working on it, I won't give you spoilers, but let's just say that the endings come out a little...gruesome. XD I guess I expected a nice little Ren'Ai ending. "I love you!" "I love you too!" "Let's run away together and have a fun relationship!" "Yay!"

As for Sebastien, I suppose a "good" ending for him would be hard to formulate. Maybe he could remember Kirsten and realize that he loves her too much to force this upon her. Maybe it's a little too lovey-dovey, but I like lovey-dovey endings. :)

It wasn't really the age difference or anything. It was the blood and the cult and the vampirism that made it "ewww". O_o;;;

Ren

#19 Post by Ren »

Yes, VAMPIRISM!
What's more romantic, what's more sweet ;_;

Jake
Support Hero

#20 Post by Jake »

PrettySammy09 wrote:
Since you're still working on it, I won't give you spoilers, but let's just say that the endings come out a little...gruesome. XD
Well, I've seen two endings down a different path, one of them with Sebastien, I'm expecting the ones you're talking about to be fairly similar. ;-)

But you know, I'm not sure - given the scenario - how one could go about matching Christina up with Bastian without spilling blood. I mean... is he going to be happy with her just hanging around with him until she gets old and dies?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#21 Post by papillon »

Some endings require extra work to reach. There is a better ending for at least one of the pairings you're talking about. But while some endings are pretty straightforward - follow the plot and you can reach them - some will require you to have done certain things much earlier in the game.

(made-up example) If you never found the Ring of Magic Sunshine at the beginning, you can't suddenly save the day with it at the end. In such a case, the game may hint 'If only I had a way to carry sunshine!' to give you an idea that you're missing something.

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#22 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Grah! It's the "Elven Relations" syndrome!

"Oh, you got vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate at the beginning of the game? Too bad! You get eaten by monsters now!"

Me: T_T Oh blargh!

"One of the pairings"? I hate it when you speak in code like that! XD

Oh well! Once I get all fourteen endings, I'll be sure to post up a full review!
Also, I'm just curious -- do the questions you answer at the beginning (What do you want to have as a career?, What do you want in a relationship?) have to do with how the plot goes, or are they just points towards certain characters?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#23 Post by papillon »

Points towards certain characters, as well as (hopefully) helping the player to feel more drawn-in and identified with Christina, and to feel comfortable as part of her friendship with Lucy. They don't have a huge effect on the storyline.

Although if you answer the questions as if you were a complete ditz and then pursue Jeremy, you can unlock a special Very Bad Ending. :)

Jake
Support Hero

#24 Post by Jake »

PrettySammy09 wrote:
What do you want to have as a career?
Incidentally, I was disappointed to note that 'locksmith' and 'burglar' weren't in the options... She'd do well! ;-)

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#25 Post by PrettySammy09 »

papillon wrote:
Although if you answer the questions as if you were a complete ditz and then pursue Jeremy, you can unlock a special Very Bad Ending. :)
XD I'm sort of curious now, but I'm also afraid! The bad endings always sort of make me uncomfortable! But I want all the endings so... And I agree with Jake. She'd be an excellent burglar. She breaks into everyone's house effortlessly!

Grah! And now I have been reduced to asking for puzzle help! On the "Seventh Book of Moses" safe puzzle, I think the order is Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, the Sun, Venus, Mercury, and the Hexagon. But that combination doesn't work. I did my research, and it says it should be right (although I can't find the translation for the Hexagon pattern). Help?!
Last edited by PrettySammy09 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#26 Post by Guest »

the leaf puzzle. Do the leaves have to fit literally like a puzzle? Or do you just try to cover yourself as much as possible

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#27 Post by papillon »

Yes, they fit together like a jigsaw. (With a little bit of space running between them like outlines so you can tell where one leaf ends and another starts.)

victorita9
Regular

#28 Post by victorita9 »

Papillon your so evil(in a non-bad way) But how would you solve the puzzle in which you cannot repeat a symbol across or vertically and horizontally but you must put the symbols on all six rows?

Jake
Support Hero

#29 Post by Jake »

victorita9 wrote:Papillon your so evil(in a non-bad way) But how would you solve the puzzle in which you cannot repeat a symbol across or vertically and horizontally but you must put the symbols on all six rows?
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, it's basically analoguous to a Sudoku puzzle, only with symbols instead of numbers - it's a tricker one than most beginner's Sudoku, but I think all the same I only got to a couple of points where I needed to backtrack. So looking up methods to solve Sudoku would be a good start, they should all help.

(The other thing that I found handy with that one was to copy the grid out onto a piece of paper and use a number or letter for each symbol, 'cause I can work with numbers and letters a lot more easily than strange symbols I've never seen before. ;-) )

Naiomi666

#30 Post by Naiomi666 »

ok can anyone please tell me how the key puzzle works?