Fatal Hearts (GxB/G, now free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Fatal Hearts

#91 Post by papillon »

(Update - Yes, they did pay out.)

MorphineSoldier
Regular

#92 Post by MorphineSoldier »

Out of curiosity, how good was the pay-out compared to your average day of sales?

Was the difference per unit significant, or was the actual sales total higher, lower?
This space is for rent.
Pocky is valid currency in my country.

Ren

#93 Post by Ren »

Thiis might be a stupid question but...do you actually translate your games in other languages?I see the description in ItalianO_O
In Fatal Hearts impersonerete Christina Robinson e l’aiuterete a scoprire i segreti dei suoi sogni. Tutto attraverso difficili scelte da compiere, nemici da combattere ed enigmi da risolvere…

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#94 Post by papillon »

do you actually translate your games in other languages?
[/quote[

No, but the game giveaway site has foreign-language website partners, they're just translating the description.
Out of curiosity, how good was the pay-out compared to your average day of sales?

Was the difference per unit significant, or was the actual sales total higher, lower?
I really can't answer that very well, and I do mean can't. Because of multiple sales points and delays in reporting (for many sites, I won't find out what the sales figures were until months later) I have no clue how many units are sold a day in total. Nor do I have any idea how many people downloaded the game free. And 'average' really isn't, for me... I don't have a reliable average.

It's decent money for a day, but it's obviously not sustainable. :)

MorphineSoldier
Regular

#95 Post by MorphineSoldier »

Eww. That seems unfortunate. That's info I'd personally want to know.
One other thing:

I was searching the internetz whilst playing your game and found a rather nifty guide, and it contained all the skip codes for your puzzles too. However, I also noticed they were selling Fatal Hearts for rather cheaper than it seems to be officially on your site - 6.99.
Are they supposed to be doing that? >.> Their sales practices don't seem to be entirely legit either, which is why I bring it up. The guide is really nice though. <.<
This space is for rent.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#96 Post by papillon »

It's a BigFishGames affiliate link - the game is that price as long as you agree to sign up to a subscription service and buy a whole bunch of other games. Lots of businesses do stuff like this.

MorphineSoldier
Regular

#97 Post by MorphineSoldier »

Ahkay. I always automatically assume those things are illegitimate scams. XD

[Most of 'em are.] It just seemed odd that it was that much cheaper. Oh well, carry on then.
This space is for rent.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#98 Post by Showsni »

Rats, missed the giveaway. Well, I could pay, but I've no idea how to pay for things on the internet; I don't have a credit card or anything, and normally pay for everything in cash...

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#99 Post by papillon »

I accept payment in interesting trinkets and anime goods sent by mail... :)

#100 Post by Guest »

I can see this thread has been quiet for a couple months now, but I just got the Hopeful Future ending. I had to tell somebody how much I enjoyed this game! The writing has been very satisfying, I've admired the effort to design the several different puzzles (even if some were a little annoying), and surely its presentation must represent one of the best jobs done in the West for this genre. So I'd like to offer a "thank you so much" to papillon.

(But as I've just joined these forums, I see there's a great many other completed ren'ai games represented here which I haven't played. So if any of their authors should read this, please don't feel disappointed - I probably haven't played yours yet.)

If I have a complaint with Fatal Hearts, its that its denouements often felt too abrupt. While I can appreciate that budget concerns would strongly favor brevity, as a player I wanted to linger. Perhaps when writing multiple endings, besides resolving the plot variances, the author could develop different secondary characters to reward the emotional stake put up by the player.

One other concern I have is sharing this game with a friend. She played Cute Knight a lot, and I'm certain she'll enjoy Fatal Hearts' content. But I bought Fatal Hearts from Manifesto Games, which is a great company which I like to support, but it's difficult to purchase a gift with their system. Is it possible to buy Fatal Hearts on CD?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#101 Post by papillon »

If ordered on my site through BMT Micro, there is a 'deliver on CD' option but as far as I know that gets you nothing but a blank CDR with the game file on it. No pretty disc or box. And it costs $10 extra (none of which goes to me, that's their profit). So it's possible, but not entirely recommended.

I was at one point trying to get together artwork for a special edition to be sold on CD through cafepress or something, however, after months of chasing the artist without ever receiving any art, that plan sort of fizzled out. I suppose I should try asking a different artist... I don't really want to put together a separate CD to buy without having SOMETHING on it that is new and original. And, alas! there have not been any offers from publishers, so it's not likely to turn up in stores.

MacGuges

#102 Post by MacGuges »

Curse me for making my first post while I was falling asleep. I appeared as 'guest' rather than as my new alias.
papillon wrote:If ordered on my site through BMT Micro, there is a 'deliver on CD' option but as far as I know that gets you nothing but a blank CDR with the game file on it. No pretty disc or box. And it costs $10 extra (none of which goes to me, that's their profit). So it's possible, but not entirely recommended.
Yeez, that's for sure. I imagine I could make up something nicer on my own. I wonder how the dial lock would appear as printed CD.
papillon wrote:I was at one point trying to get together artwork for a special edition to be sold on CD through cafepress or something, however, after months of chasing the artist without ever receiving any art, that plan sort of fizzled out. I suppose I should try asking a different artist... I don't really want to put together a separate CD to buy without having SOMETHING on it that is new and original. And, alas! there have not been any offers from publishers, so it's not likely to turn up in stores.
Oh well, that would be very cool. In the bright and wonderful future, perhaps.

Marcelo_Orlando
Veteran
Completed: Case of the missing bracelet, Case of the mysterious stalker
Projects: Horror/fantasy
Organization: Kaboyashi Square

#103 Post by Marcelo_Orlando »

I just played this game, (yea I'm late) but it was fun and I enjoyed the puzzles. good work!

Eve

#104 Post by Eve »

Can anyone help me with the safe puzzle? the seventh book of moses. I keep trying but it doesn't work.
It seem that most of you had gone to further chapters guess that u must had successfully gone thro the safe puzzle.
Please Help!! Im stuck there!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#105 Post by papillon »

you might want to check the game-specific forum here for general advice. There's also a full strategy guide with directions and skip codes which can be downloaded from the members area of that forum or viewed online here - click on the two pages for 'Opening the Safe'.

Hope this helps!