Sunrider: First Arrival [Free][Mecha][BxG][Steam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

Sunrider: First Arrival [Free][Mecha][BxG][Steam]

#1 Post by Samu-kun »

-----PREPARE FOR EPIC-----

As Captain Kayto Shields, embark on a galactic voyage of heroism and survival. With his home world destroyed and his nation conquered, the inexperienced Captain Shields, and his newly minted vessel, the Sunrider, are left as the only hope against a galactic evil intent on subjugating all sentient life. Together with his loyal First Officer, he undertakes to find allies across the stars to retake his home planet and restore peace to the galaxy.

THE CAST

SCREENSHOTS

FEATURES
  • The first 10 hours of the Sunrider Trilogy
  • Tactics turn based gameplay
  • Huge cast of girls
  • Galaxy spanning story
  • Manage and upgrade a squadron of mechs

Age rating: 17+: This game contains some mature content. Player discretion is advised.

FOLLOW US FOR DEVELOPMENT UPDATES:
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Love_In_Space
FORUM: http://innomenpro.com/forums/index.php

Last edited by Samu-kun on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

Re: Sunrider: First Arrival [Free][Mecha][BxG]

#2 Post by Asceai »

Doki doki~ (space whales)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#3 Post by MaiMai »

Congratulations on the release Samu!! I've had fun watching the development of this moe space epic. Doki doki indeed.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#4 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Yay!! Going to download this, looking forward to giving it a review, too! I feel bad for missing my chance to voice act in it, but I shall enjoy it none the less~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

#5 Post by dmasterxd »

Yay! Another VN from my idol, Samu-kun! I can always count on you for a BXG game! Can't wait to play this. Also dang 10 hours?! How do you do it man?!

Anastylos

#6 Post by Anastylos »

Playing the game right now. It's simply awesome. Even if the battles are teethgrinding hard. You need quite a lot of strategy to win. The story is very well done too.
One day I will make a great VN and I will tell everyone in the credits that sunrider inspired me.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Asceai »

Sora no Senritsu is an awesome song. Iced Blade have done a great job on this one

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#8 Post by sendo »

Wooo it's here!! Thanks for the hard work Samu and the team! Gonna start downloading now, space whales here I come~
Finished VNs:
Image Image

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#9 Post by sasquatchii »

This. looks. AWESOME!!

Downloading right now, and super excited to play it!! I love the art and the concept :)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#10 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Been enjoying the game so far! Got to the part introducing Icari and on the battle after that (first time the Sunrider has been exploded, and I'm on Easy! Though admittedly I did do some wrong moves, so I should win the second time). The story is pretty good, and I LOVE the interaction! I like the strategy-game implementation. The battles are fun, and the voice work is pretty impressive so far! Everyone matches their voice and personality quite well. Sometimes I feel the lines are said a bit stiff, but those are the rare few, most of them are done very well and professional. (Asaga's "I'm a' firin' mah lasers!" is probably the best line so far, lol) I look forward to how this story is going to play out, and with it being a 10 hour game I know I have barely scratched the surface.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Hachiko
Regular

#11 Post by Hachiko »

I will be blunt and say that Asaga, Chigara and Cladue looks like they had a wardrobe malfunction. Um, that is to say, they kinda look "nekkid". Not trying to be rude, but especially Claude's outfit.

Other than that, the other screenshots DO look interesting, so I'll give it a try.

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Asceai »

Hachiko wrote:I will be blunt and say that Asaga, Chigara and Cladue looks like they had a wardrobe malfunction. Um, that is to say, they kinda look "nekkid". Not trying to be rude, but especially Claude's outfit.
a) Plugsuits are skin-tight, that's kind of their thing
b) If Sunrider's plugsuits bother you, you haven't played Muv-Luv (Alternative)

Anastylos

#13 Post by Anastylos »

I finished the game. I like it very much. It's great. There just some minor things that I do not like: Lack of side missions and lack of moral choices. Best part of the game was deciding to save the transporter or to fuel the war. I want more of this, maybe because the setting of a lonly spaceship fleeing and fighting from an enemy army reminds me of battlestar galactica. But then again I always want more moral decisions. Great game. i am thinking about making and p&p roleplaying game based on sunraider.

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#14 Post by InvertMouse »

Great job on releasing this! When we see a project this ambitious, most of the time, they become vaporware. For it to become a proper release no doubt required a lot of dedication. Going to download it now :).

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#15 Post by sendo »

Finally beat the game! I originally played Normal but the battles repeatedly handed my butt to me... Getting massacred in turn 1 is not fun (damn those missiles/rockets). I finally succumbed to impatience and played Easy T_T.

I really enjoyed your writing! I just felt the story moved a bit too fast? I guess it's because you're introducing the whole cast so you have to cut all unnecessary parts. I kinda wish I could play the time-skipped parts between story arcs though.

When I heard the piano ED song (really awesome song btw) and the all the girls showing on screen maaan I knew it was over. I want more!! Oh well, I could always do some fan art or something. Actually, here's my fan art of my waifu best girl!!! (alongside Ava, but I felt like drawing Sola first :3)

Great job Love in Space, thanks for the releasing this! I will now eagerly wait for the next installment (read: register and participate in your forums :D)
Attachments
sola.jpg
Finished VNs:
Image Image