Munster Academy [GxB] [Romance][Comedy][MonsterMash2014]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

Re: Munster Academy [GxB] [Romance][Comedy][MonsterMash2014]

#16 Post by Sonya »

LMAO xD

Erikka
Regular

#17 Post by Erikka »

I loved your game!
I adore otome about school and it was really pleasant to read the story.
I liked very much Bryce) He was adorable and handsome! Maybe a bit too sweet in the end but any way I think he was cool!
Maiko was nice too but I don't really like this type of guys so his route wasn't so exciting to me.(though I loved his ears and eye color).
Very lovely game!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#18 Post by Ran08 »

Awww, thanks guys, haha. Woke up to your comments, and the feeling is so awesome. Hahaha.

@Donmai
Hahaha, oooooh, don't they make sense sometimes? :D Haha~
And thank you! The looking good part is all because of the artist, Roz. :))

@Sonya
That's great. :) Haha. I'm glad you find him sweet. ^^
Yes, haha, when I first drafted Maiko's character, I immediately thought of Inuyasha. XD
@Roz
Haha! I apologize furry fans. T__T
But yeah, hahaha, it's all my fault. XD Like I said above, I was already thinking of Inuyasha even before Maiko came out like that. =)
Ah, but I still have the original concept art! :) We can show them the sketches if that's okay with you. ^^

@Erikka
That's awesome, thank you. Me too, I really like school otomes. Hahaha. :
Ooooh, haha, I see. I guess he was a bit too sweet at times. XD
But thanks a bunch for playing our game~ :)

Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

#19 Post by Sonya »

Omg, just finished. The cerebus. Was. SO. ADORABLE.

Omigosh, it was the most cutest thing. And Bryce! I really didn't expect him to be so romantic and sweet at the end. You did a good job of turning him from stuck up asshole to sweet gentleman!

Overall, the writing for this VN is REALLY good. Honestly, it's better than most professional otome games out there like Starry Sky, etc. I loved it! :D

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#20 Post by SweetChiel »

lol Ran, we bumped again.
I was honestly surprised, I've just finished playing the game and when I saw the creator I was like LOL xD
The character designs are interesting and refreshing to me (werewolf and vampires that's not hiding their appearance are cool)
and I went all 'awww' when I get Maiko's ending (Do he have a best ending? I got Bryce best ending and wondering if Maiko have one.)
They're seriously adorable! I want to glomp'em all OuO
Bryce transforming into a gentlemen was all romantic too xD I wish I could see more of their interactions as a couple (I like small details like how they're sneaking a peek at each other, Bryce smirking at her, and she was like ' STOP READING MY MIND' awww xDD)

and Maiko, Gosh he's simply adorable!! XD
he's so shy yet possessive at the same time, they're getting all comfy and fluffy at each other lol
making me all warm inside.
You really have completed a lot of games :D if you don't mind, I wan to see the list of your completed games please xD
your game is really good to refresh my mind and relaxing.

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#21 Post by Rozume »

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying Munster Academy! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ^_~

Yeah Ran, you can post the concept art. Or should I post them? c:

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Ran08 »

@Sonya
Wow, what a compliment! :"o Thank you so much. Hahaha. I'm pretty sure I'm not THAT good as a writer, hahahaha, but I appreciate the kind words. :") I strive to be like those writers someday. Haha~

And I'm glad you liked the little doggie! <3 He belongs to Pipoya btw. Hahaha.

@SweetChiel
Ooooh, we meet again. :) Haha, hello awesome reader.
Yay! I'm glad you liked Roz's art. Haha. They're so cool, right? :)
And awwww, I actually like Maiko a lot too! Unfortunately, we don't have a best one for him. *sigh* I am so sorry! And yay~ If you like boys like that, you're gonna love Seasons of Love. Hahahaha. (I apologize for the shameless advertising. :oops: )

Oh my goodness, no, hahaha. Thank you so much for your interest, but I've only completed Summer Paradise and this one. :"3 The Thing With Mistletoes is almost done though. Hahaha. Other than that, Seasons of Love is my main project, and it's also the biggest one. After I release TTWM I'm gonna start working on another project, hahaha, which is a Halloween special. Lol. =)

Buuuuuut, if you wanna check the progress for my projects, you can visit this dev blog~

Again, thank you so much for playing! :) And good luck on your own project! I am so looking forward to it. Hahahaha.

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

#23 Post by infel »

Ran08 wrote:@takkun-hime

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked it! :)

Oh my, I'm so glad to hear that. Hahaha. Back in my days as a campus journalist, I'd always have problems with sport news because I couldn't depict game scenes well. Hahaha~ I'm happy you liked my writing too. <3 Sorry for the errors though, haha, I must have overlooked them. :3

Yay! Haha, thank you for liking the characters, art and personality-wise. :) And don't worry, I can't decide who my fave is too. Hahaha. But I love Bryce's best ending. :D Cerberus is a cutie, haha, but he's Pipoya's work so... yep, sorry if the art style didn't match. :)

And awww, I kinda know what you mean!
Bryce was actually supposed to be like... Kagome's crush but unfortunately, my mind sorta changed itself halfway into the story. Haha. I'm really sorry for that.
Anyway, thank you so much for the kind words! Really appreciate it. :3

I can't write sports either actually. I always find it hard XD. But yeah, you did a pretty good job with it. And don't worry about the errors too much. Typos happen in everything. They do for me all the time. :lol:

And np. Cerberus was adorable though, very much so if you compare to the harry potter three head dog XD, so it's okay. It doesn't really bother me and it's good to see a sprite for a minor character like that.

And okay. I can see why his was longer. I liked Bryce a lot though, so it's not a big deal :D .

And no problem. I hope to see more from either of you. Really liked this game
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

DaR
Regular

#24 Post by DaR »

I really enjoyed this game. I love the character art and design, especially Bryce's look. Speaking of Bryce, I adored the development between him and Lyra. Lyra was great too; her enthusiasm and drive was really endearing.

I got Maiko's ending and Bryce's best one. They're both very nice, though I wish Maiko had a best ending. Still a fantastic game. Great work! :)
I support Mr. Darcy~ <3

Bouki
Regular

#25 Post by Bouki »

This game was short but really cute! Especially Bryce's best ending made me go all awww D: I love you even with your lame puns, Bryce.
First of all, I loved our heroine, she wasn't a doormat but not a Mary Sue too. She felt like a real teenager, so kudos for her well-written character.
About the boys, Maiko! God he's soooo cute, I just want to cuddle with him and never let go. I love this silent and wise type of characters, therefore I really enjoyed his path. Especially when he waited for me after I left Bryce's house. We need more sweet guys like these in this world. Bryce was good too, I thought his change in attitude was a bit too fast but still, it didn't bug me that much. Strangely, most romantic moment for me was how Bryce dropped on his knees and begged for forgiveness. Oh the feels D:
I agree about Maiko's ending feeling less complete though, but I think it's understandable since you had so little time. Writing in this game impressed me (and the cute art of course). I played Summer Paradise too, but I think this game had even better writing and a more interesting plot, so I liked this one better. I look forward to your new projects too! Especially Seasons of Love, I mean sure The Thing With Mistletoes seems interesting but... I just can't wait for the release of Seasons of Love, please don't drop it and finish the game!! Well since now I made it clear how much of a stalker I am, I will take my leave and lurk in the shadows until you release that :D

Dawnfire
Regular

#26 Post by Dawnfire »

I was impressed with the game's quality, especially with the short timespan. Very nice art. I thought the storylines used quite a few cliches, but it was still fun, especially the Bryce route. Good job!
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Ran08 »

Sorry for the late reply! haven't had access to the internet for daaaays, lol, and I'm currently on my phone. *sigh* There's no power here at my place because of a storm. :(

But anywaaaay...

@Roz
I know! The feeling is awesome~

And okay, I'll post them here. Or would you like to do it? Hahaha.

@takkun-hime
That's great to hear takkun! :) Thank you so much for liking this game! Also, thank you for the feedback. We really appreciate it. :D

And, yeah, sports news is... ugh. Hahahaha. But I am really happy you liked Cerberus! :)

@DaR
Wow, thank you so much for liking the characters! And yes, I love the art style too. Hahaha. Roz's art is so pretty. :3

I'm sorry about the the lack of a best ending for Maiko though. :( Hmm, does this call for a remake?! Hahaha.

@Bouki
Thanks a bunch for the really kind words! :)

And oh my gosh, I have a VN stalker. This is awesome. The best kind of stalker... err... supporter ever. Hahahaha. :D Thank you so much for liking my games. I really truly thank you from the bottom of my wee heart. <3

And don't worry! I don't actually drop projects. Hahaha. Plus, I've done too much on Seasons of Love to drop it. :) Please give TTWM a chance though! We're gonna release it soon, after all the CGs are done. :D I hope you give it a try as well!

@Dawnfire
Oh, I'm the queen of rush. (And the queen of cliches?) Hahaha, kidding. But thank you so much for the nice words! :) I'm happy we managed to impress you! :)

kser6354
Regular
Projects: Routine

#28 Post by kser6354 »

I played it while i was procrastinating... and I was wondering how do you write this within one week? I really like the dialogues!
Care to share with me?

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Ran08 »

@kser6354
Well, when I'm in the mood, I'm a pretty fast writer. Hahaha. I did encounter some problems, but this was a fairly short game, so I thankfully managed to finish it in time. =)

Here's the link to my progress updates while making this VN~

Anyway, thank you so much! I'm happy you liked them. :)

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#30 Post by Fenrir34 »

Gone done playing a while back, sorry for the long wait on my thoughts XD. Like your last game I loved this. It was so cute. The character were done nicely to, and I loved the unique art style you guys had. I really like Maiko. He's the kind of friend/boyfriend a girl needs XD. Bryce was good to, but I'm not too into vampires. Also the writing was very well done as well, and I never got bored when I played. Good job again, and hope to see more from you :)