Skights (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

Re: Skights episode 2 (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#31 Post by Sonya »

Ah! Thanks for catching that. Looks like I forgot something in Skights 1 ^^;

And thanks, Skights 3 will hopefully be out next Monday or Tuesday~ :D

tiffmyaaw

#32 Post by tiffmyaaw »

Hi! I'm a newcomer otoge fans, and i really love this gameee you've made <3
I start reading skights I, it comes out that it's just an introduction..
And I realized that you're using a different english from the normal conversation, is it something often used in poets and fairytales books? :roll:
I'm sorry for my limited knowledge :oops:

Btw, has anyone reported about the error screen for Skights II path A after the scene where the prince comes back to Nessie and honor her to become a Sugar knight? It suddenly goes blank, so I don't really know what to do because of it..
just to make sure you know about this
(but i bet you have, since it's already reached 1,460 views)

Thanks anyway for the very great quality CGs and cute, unique plot in the game..I do feel that it's different from the usual otoge, but is packed really well, can't wait for another episodes!

--edit--
I realized that the blank page was supposed to show "the end" when i tried Skights II path B, but it doesn't show anything instead in Skights II path A

Sonya
Veteran

#33 Post by Sonya »

@tiffmyaaw
Different English? I'm not sure what kind of different English you mean, but I am aiming for a writing style similar to Brontes and Jane Austen's.

And yes, I noticed that but since the 'The End' will be changed anyway once the third chapter comes out, I thought best to fix it then. :D

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#34 Post by Ran08 »

Different English? Maybe she/he was talking about the style? Haha. Well, it's definitely not the "modern" style of speaking we use nowadays. :3 Like tiffmyaaw said, it feels like a fairytale. Haha.

Anyway, I can't believe I haven't played this yet! Hahaha. I'm reading it right now actually. So excited to make a review of this~

Sonya
Veteran

#35 Post by Sonya »

@ran08
Thanks! I recommend playing the Prince's path, you can get him with 'refuse', 'let him leave', and 'wait!!!' on path A!

tiffmyaaw

#36 Post by tiffmyaaw »

Ran08 wrote:Different English? Maybe she/he was talking about the style? Haha. Well, it's definitely not the "modern" style of speaking we use nowadays. :3 Like tiffmyaaw said, it feels like a fairytale. Haha.

Anyway, I can't believe I haven't played this yet! Hahaha. I'm reading it right now actually. So excited to make a review of this~

Yeah, yeah that's what i mean, it's like a fairytale, not the "modern" style of speaking nowadays~ :lol: i'm sorry to have confused you guys, i don't know what're the right words to describe it :oops: teehe~

The prince route is really sweet, so be prepared for some sugar rush! :mrgreen:

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Skights (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#37 Post by Ran08 »

I'm gonna play both actually, so that my review can be a pretty thorough one~ Hahaha. Wait for it on my blog, lol. =) I did pick Colin's route first, hahaha, but... I'm not yet done. Haha, sorry, got sidetracked. XD

Ahem. Anyway... I knew it tiffmyaaw! :) Haha. I think it's really pretty though. ^^

Sonya
Veteran

#38 Post by Sonya »

@tiffmyaaw
Oh that's alright, no worries :)

@Ran08
I saw your review blog, I can't believe you can juggle making VNs and writing a VN blog at the same time. I'm amazed by your multi-tasking! :shock:

tiffmyaaw

#39 Post by tiffmyaaw »

Ran08 wrote:I'm gonna play both actually, so that my review can be a pretty thorough one~ Hahaha. Wait for it on my blog, lol. =) I did pick Colin's route first, hahaha, but... I'm not yet done. Haha, sorry, got sidetracked. XD

Ahem. Anyway... I knew it tiffmyaaw! :) Haha. I think it's really pretty though. ^^
Oh I think I'll read your review later too :o
You're great!! :mrgreen:

@Sonya It must be a bit tiring to remake the episodes, I've just found out that Skights has already done some episodes since 2013 :?

Sonya
Veteran

#40 Post by Sonya »

It is actually, and worse I'm the only person working on it now. Many people have left because we ran out of funds we saved up from our part time jobs/work study and other people decided to leave and just focus on school. The rest of MY free time is eaten up by college/school, but I try my best to squeeze in whatever time I can into this free game.

So I'm afraid around episode 5 & 6 ish...I'm not sure how many more episodes I can churn out all by myself, especially with no money or capital... haha ^^;

EDIT: BTW, episode/chapter 3 will be out this afternoon *cross fingers* or tomorrow morning~

ark99k
Regular

#41 Post by ark99k »

I love this. So much.
One thing I didn't like:
Colin. He seemed fake in every way. He sneaks around with mysterious servant guy, he won't tell his "best friend" about this urgent business, he flirts with every girl in town and claims that he is "just being polite", and he gets so little screen time that this is the only side of him we get to see. The final straw for my was the garden scene, which seemed more like he was trying to get a baby to calm down then telling a woman that she is beautiful.
But anyway! The art was gorgeous, the sound matched perfectly, and Vanessa's character was consistent instead of changing on each path like most vn characters do. I loved this game.

Sonya
Veteran

#42 Post by Sonya »

@aark99k Thanks, I'm so glad you're enjoying Skights so far :3
Yes, Colin's not the...most favorite character of all the other bachelors so far~
Anyway, Episode 3 is out guys:

I'll update the first post, but here are the links to the 3rd episodes:

Chapter 3, path A: http://joilly.com/play?n=xRRRRRRRRY
Chapter 3, path B: http://joilly.com/play?n=xRRRRRRRRS
Chapter 3, path C: http://joilly.com/play?n=xRRRRRRRRb

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Skights [NEW Episode 3] (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#43 Post by Ran08 »

Sonya wrote: I saw your review blog, I can't believe you can juggle making VNs and writing a VN blog at the same time. I'm amazed by your multi-tasking! :shock:
Haha, is it obvious now that I just can't get enough of writing? :3 Haha! I tend to procrastinate a lot when I get bored writing my own VNs, so... during that time, I play other visual novels instead. Then I make a review afterwards. (Or sometimes after a long time... hahaha, I procrastinate when making reviews too, lol. As a matter of fact, I have a few waiting in my drafts right now.)
tiffmyaaw wrote: Oh I think I'll read your review later too :o
You're great!! :mrgreen:
Awww, thank you! You're awesome. Haha.:)

Anyways... I forgot to link back a review here! Haha. So... here you go~ The date is from the time I first wrote it, haha, even though I published it late. :D

I'm playing Skights III right now! So far so good, haha. Cassandra is my 2nd fave princess. :")

Sonya
Veteran

#44 Post by Sonya »

Just read it, I'm glad you find the Prince hot xD

And about the few gripes you had, episode 1 has been updated so that its endings point to either path A or B of Episode 2, so players won't have to choose which path to go on. (There was a lot of confusion about this, so starting episode 3, the endings will point to the paths of next chapter, even though they haven't been released yet)

And I am SO sorry, the skip button is a Joilly.com glitch. I caught it a few times myself, but have been putting off fixing it to work on Skights. It'll be fixed soon. If you catch anymore of those kind of bugs, please do tell.

Erikka
Regular

#45 Post by Erikka »

Woooow!))
New chapter is finally out! Cassandra is very cute. Gorgeous CGs! Even Colin looked very attractive. Vanessa is still my favourite heroine. Nessie + Prince Lysander are the best couple!(I cheer for them :))
As far as I understood chapter 4 will tell about the last girl with red hair.
I'm already waiting for episode 4 but I would like to ask when is going to appear a chapter about Vanessa and Prince Lysander? I miss their story and their CGs so much :_(
The Prince is very mysterious ;) I'm very curious about his character. Hope he is a bit naughty ;)))
Last edited by Erikka on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.