ChimeraTail [BxG][Romance][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

ChimeraTail [BxG][Romance][Comedy]

#1 Post by Marionette »

ChimeraTail

Plot:

Samuel is having a hard time with things. He is currently enamoured of the young Melissa who lives nearby, but each time he seemingly gets a chance to get closer to her the opportunity is spoiled by the sudden onset of turning into a quivering mess and being unable to speak. Luckily he can rely on his brothers to support him, well maybe he can, if he helps them with their problems first. Will he and his brothers win the hearts of their respective fair maidens, or will they have to spend the rest of their lives alone...together. Its not easy being a chimera.

ChimeraTail is a BxG romantic comedy visual novel made in a week for #monstermash2014 game jam.

Characters:

Chimera:
Samuel and his two brothers each make up one third of a single chimera.

Samuel (Snake (Tail)) - [Main character]
Samuel, appointed as the 'Youngest' brother by democratic vote, is the sharp witted one. Generally easy going, and quick to try and lead, though the other two don't always listen, he always has a plan for any situation. Except when Melissa is involved. Then he throws caution to the wind, along with his ability to hold any sort of reasonable conversation...

Leonardo (Lion (Head)) -
Leo, the self proclaimed Eldest Brother, was always the straight forward one. Almost to the point of childlike simplicity. Always says what he thinks but doesn't always think about what he says.

Gordon (Goat (Head)) -
Gordon, the appointed Middle brother, is the mild mannered one. Always acts polite and has the aura of a gentleman about him.

Others:

Melissa (Medusa) -
Melissa is a young Medusa who has captured, unbeknownst to her, the heart of our MC Samuel. She lives nearby and has known the Trio of brothers for a while now and word has it that she enjoys sports.

Helen (Harpy) -
Not much is known about this young Harpy except that she only appeared in town recently...

Persephone (Human) -
Persephone is like the Big sister the three brothers never had. She has lived next door for as long as they could remember and has always treated them kindly. Not bad, for a Human.

Screenshots:

Statistics:

The game contains 861 dialogue blocks, containing 5,484 words and 27,520
characters, for an average of 6.4 words and 32 characters per block.

The game contains 26 menus, 50 images, and 12 screens.

Contains 2 possible endings, as well as a bonus post story section.

Download Here!

Also you can check out the official Monster Mash game page here.

Credits:

Writing: Marionette
Art: Marionette
Programming: Marionette
Music: Enchanted Valley - Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)

----

So here it is, my first game jam and my first completed game. :D

If anyone plays it, let me know what you think. :3

Notes:
-Note that it contains programmer art so prepare to close your eyes at any moment. :p
-Only the first part has proper emotions for the side images. The rest just use the default happy emotion for everything. Yeah, I kind of underestimated how much work was involved in doing that properly so I didn't have time do do the rest. D;
-There's only one song in the game so apologies in advance if it starts to get on your nerves. lol
Last edited by Marionette on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

Re: ChimeraTail [GxB][Romance][Comedy]

#2 Post by kersplode »

you should fix the topic so it says BxG. looks cute, though, so i'll try it!

Marionette
Regular
Completed: https://marionette.itch.io/
Projects: Get Meowt of Here
Deviantart: rexx9224
itch: marionette
Discord: Marionette#2995

Re: ChimeraTail [GxB][Romance][Comedy]

#3 Post by Marionette »

kersplode wrote:you should fix the topic so it says BxG. looks cute, though, so i'll try it!
Whoops. Fixed lol

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: ChimeraTail [BxG][Romance][Comedy]

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Ooooh, I downloaded this yesterday from the Monster Mash page~
I was actually the one who commented about the music. Hahaha. But anyway...
Despite the "programmer's art", haha, I liked this game. The story is kinda nice in a very simple way and I like how the characters have their own quirks and personalities. They're all so adorable to me! Hahaha. I especially like the harpy, even though she was so... err... slow, at first. My favorite scene would be the one between Leo and Persephone, however. I just... so loved it. Hahaha. It was really cute. =) And of course, Sammy is the default cute character here. Hahahaha.

I do have one gripe about this though, and it's.... the really, really repetitive music.
I don't always notice if BGMs-- or in this case, a BGM-- are just playing over and over, but the music you had here was extremely repetitive, because it was very noticeable. -_____- I do like Kevin MacLeod's music, haha, I just wish you picked something with a less noticeable pattern in the music to play over and over again. Halfway through I just wanted to mute it and a different BGM. Hahaha. But... okay, apology accepted. Haha, kidding. It's fine. :)
Nevertheless, I hope you develop this nice little game further~
Good luck on your future projects!