Re:Set Episode 3 : It's Raining Acid [RPG+VN] -- Patch

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Re:Set Episode 3 : It's Raining Acid [RPG+VN] -- Patch

#31 Post by azureXtwilight »

To get ending 1, you just need to make Gerald very very dependent of Mike by shoosing clingy answers, then ask Phil what he meant by "Staying away from Gerald" when he texts Mike.

@Kagura : Also sorry for the errors! I will try my best to fix them, as for now, you just need to pick the right sets of answers ;_;

- Are you doing well?
- What do you think about River?
- Do you know anything about last night?
- What did they ask you at the interrogation
- I was wondering about Evelyn's secret boyfriend
- Where did you go after the interrogation last night?

Kagura
Regular

#32 Post by Kagura »

; v ; Alright, alright, tell me when you've already fixed it. I can't really get past it, too much errors QvQ

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

chiorins

#33 Post by chiorins »

i have been playing this game for 3 days.
and At last i got all 7 ending :D although the ending a bit tricky to get
but the problem is i miss the first CG :cry:
can someone tell me how to get it?

the story was great and i love the relationship's development between Gerald and Mike
i wonder who the next deadly sin to meet XD
can't wait for Re:Set Ep 4

whiteserenity
Regular

#34 Post by whiteserenity »

azureXtwilight wrote:To get ending 1, you just need to make Gerald very very dependent of Mike by shoosing clingy answers, then ask Phil what he meant by "Staying away from Gerald" when he texts Mike.
I tried this but yet I keep getting ending 5, even when I turn away Drake's offer to help and anything to do with him. Is there anything more specific I can do to get ending 1?

I'm also having trouble getting ending 2 so any hints on that would be great.
Please support me here.

rin966

#35 Post by rin966 »

whiteserenity wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:To get ending 1, you just need to make Gerald very very dependent of Mike by shoosing clingy answers, then ask Phil what he meant by "Staying away from Gerald" when he texts Mike.
I tried this but yet I keep getting ending 5, even when I turn away Drake's offer to help and anything to do with him. Is there anything more specific I can do to get ending 1?

I'm also having trouble getting ending 2 so any hints on that would be great.
Well, it was quite literal anyway, Gerald shouldn't make any choice to make him have any bond except for Mike. You can do it by not saying anything to Arthur, deliberately failing the interrogation with Akane, saying that Gerald didn't mind being independent while Mike could try to question about Gerald, look for him, et cetera but never let Gerald met Mike and he should become very dependent with Mike.

Anyway, anyone out there know how to actually get the ending 3? I don't really remember how I get the 2nd since it was pure coincidence and I was surprised about it. And did anyone managed to get the first picture in the gallery? I hope I have no need to play the game by battle mode since well.... they are hard.

whiteserenity
Regular

#36 Post by whiteserenity »

Ahh ok, thanks for the help. I finally got ending 1 although I'm still looking for ending 2. I know that there are others who have gotten it so even a little bit of a hint would help. I'm truly stuck on it and I've tried to think of as many possibilities as I can to get it but to no avail. :/

Anyway, to get ending 3, you need to get River to trust you (well, mainly Arthur) but have Mike look for Neo while Gerald look for Seth. But when choosing that option, when River doesn't want to go with Gerald, just choose the "all right" option. Then you should get ending 3.

I've been working on a walkthrough for this game but I'm holding off on posting it until I can get ending 2. I want it to be as complete as possible. I've gotten all of the epilogues although I'm missing a couple of music pieces.

I'm missing that first CG as well and I'm thinking that since others have posted that they're missing it, this might be a bug? I don't know for sure since I haven't gotten all the endings. I'm missing one other CG as well. It's the last one on the third page so I'm wondering what it is. Spoilers are fine. ^^
Please support me here.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#37 Post by azureXtwilight »

I am sorry to tell that the first CG was a bug, so don't bother getting that one. Thank you for informing! ^^;

whiteserenity
Regular

#38 Post by whiteserenity »

I finished playing through this newest episode a while ago although because I've been quite busy, I hadn't had the time to post my thoughts until now. This won't be a long review but I certainly enjoyed this game. It was great to see Lucia and Neo back from Doppleganger and I liked seeing how different Arthur was as a uni student when in Doppleganger, he was an elementary school student. I think the interrogation mini-games were done better this time. They didn't feel as tedious when I went through them, and I liked that there were more endings this time. Of course, it was great to see Mike and Gerald again and to see their relationship develop more. I'm excited for the next episode. Can't wait. ^^

And I know that there have been some people who have been wanting a walkthrough of this game. I've been creating one for some time and it's finally complete. (I would have posted it sooner but I had trouble reproducing one of the endings although I finally got it.) What I decided to do was to split this walkthrough into two parts. The first part will have the answers to the mini-interrogation games while the latter part will have the endings.

Walkthrough: Part 1-Mini-Interrogation Games
Interrogation with Gerald-Just choose the supermarket receipt and then the girl (Akane) when the police officer interrogates Gerald at the crime scene.

District Searching-If you want to find Dio, choose the districts in this order: west, south, east, north
Interrogation with Akane-Choose the following in this exact order.
- Are you doing well?
- What do you think about River?
- Do you know anything about last night?
- What did they ask you at the interrogation
- I was wondering about Evelyn's secret boyfriend (River thinks that guy might be Carcajou!)
- Where did you go after the interrogation last night?
Note: I didn't include the answers to the mini-interrogation with Drake if you end up on ending 5 since it's entirely skippable. Also, I didn't include the exploration part when Arthur, Gerald, and River try to find clues about Evelyn since I thought that was pretty straightforward. XD

Walkthrough: Part 2-Endings
Ending 1: Farewell
I don't mind being attached.
Ask Gerald if he's all right.
Give it back.
(Interrogation with Gerald)
No. (when Drake asks if he can come)
(District searching)
Let's just go home.
(Interrogation minigame with Akane)
Ask him!
(Exploring Evelyn's place)
Do nothing (confrontation w/Drake at restaurant)
Of course!
Phillip Bennett
Go look for Gerald.
Tell him nothing.
I vote for Seth.
You're coming with us.

Ending 2: Trust
I got to suck it up.
He'll be fine.
Give it back.
Okay, you can come. (when Drake asks if he can come)
(District searching)
Let's just go home.
Ignore him!
Stop them (confrontation w/Drake at restaurant)
Of course!
Phillip Bennett
Go with Neo.
Tell him nothing.
I vote for Seth.
You're coming with us.
You should go home.

Ending 3: Long Long Ago (note that you must fail the mini-interrogation games, especially the one with Akane; otherwise, you'll end up getting ending 4)
I got to suck it up.
Receive it.
(Interrogation with Gerald-fail)
No (when Drake asks if he can come)
(District searching-north, east, west, south)
I just want to do it.
See if River is okay.
(Interrogation minigame with Akane-fail)
Ask him!
Of course!
Phillip Bennett
Go with Neo.
It's because of my co-dependency.
I vote for Seth.
All right.
It's all right.

Ending 4: Demon Hunters
I got to suck it up.
Receive it.
(District searching)
I just want to do it.
See if River is okay.
Ask him!
Of course!
Phillip Bennett
Go with Neo.
I vote for Seth.
All right.
It's all right.

Ending 5: Ryuu-Do
I don't mind being attached.
Give it back.
Okay, you can come.
(District searching)
I want to find the truth about myself someday.
See if River is okay.
Ask him!
Of course!
Phillip Bennett
Go look for Gerald.
I vote for Seth.
All right.
It's all right.

Ending 6: Zero (true ending)
I got to suck it up.
He'll be fine.
Give it back.
(District searching)
See if River is okay.
Ignore him!
Of course!
Drake Preston
Go look for Gerald.
I vote for Akane.
It's all right.
Tell him about Akane.
No, someone told me.
(Input "canivor" and then "River Coan" but without the quotes.)
His bodyguards could have said something, either!
He knew too much!
(Present Evelyn)
(Why are you doing this?
(We're friends, aren't we?)
(Tell me where Evelyn is.)

Ending 7: Inhumane
I got to suck it up.
He'll be fine.
Receive it.
No. (when Drake asks if he can come)
(District searching-north, west, south, east)
See if River is okay.
Ignore him!
Sometimes I doubt him.
Drake Preston
Go with Neo.
I vote for Akane.
It's all right.
Note: There are some variations on how to get certain endings so there can be more than one way to get the same ending. I just posted the choices that worked for me. XD

Ok, I think this is it. If there's anything I missed, please let me know. And it goes without saying that I couldn't have completed this walkthrough without the tips posted on the forum as well as all the help I received. ^^
Please support me here.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#39 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you so much, I was too busy to write one so this really helps a lot!

Alia
Regular

#40 Post by Alia »

Re:Set episodes have such exuberance that they're just a joy to play.

Strange, I can't find the opening sequence for this episode. I thought maybe I just missed it somehow, but now I can't find the episode 2 remake opening theme either. Augh! I love those. Help?

I like how the sins have appropriate names; using "acedia" for Sloth is especially brilliant, since the "a" at the end makes it sound like it really could be a female name. Midas was obvious, but Sydonai and Dio have me puzzled. Can anybody tell me their connections with lust and gluttony?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#41 Post by azureXtwilight »

Alia wrote:Re:Set episodes have such exuberance that they're just a joy to play.

Strange, I can't find the opening sequence for this episode. I thought maybe I just missed it somehow, but now I can't find the episode 2 remake opening theme either. Augh! I love those. Help?

I like how the sins have appropriate names; using "acedia" for Sloth is especially brilliant, since the "a" at the end makes it sound like it really could be a female name. Midas was obvious, but Sydonai and Dio have me puzzled. Can anybody tell me their connections with lust and gluttony?
What do you mean you can't find the videos? Are they not playing at the beginning for the game? :o

Sydonai is a female variant of Asmodeus, a demon known as it's role as seven princes of hell.
Dio's name came from Dyonisysius, the Greek god of wine
Acedia from Latin acedĭa, and this from Greek ἀκηδία, "negligence", describes a state of listlessness or torpor, of not caring or not being concerned with one's position or condition in the world.

Alia
Regular

#42 Post by Alia »

[quote="azureXtwilight"
What do you mean you can't find the videos? Are they not playing at the beginning for the game? :o
[/quote]

Nope.
I'm sure it's my fault, since before re-installing re-make eps 1&2 I deleted all ren_py files so that eps 1&2 would think this was my first time playing them. (It had been a while since I'd played them, so I wanted to re-unlock all the dialogue/paths.) I didn't think it would cause a problem since I re-downloaded the games after deleting the ren_py files, but I can't think what else the issue might be. :( Everything works fine aside from the intro videos not showing up (and trying to re-charm the same monster in 2 causing an error screen). Any idea what I should do?
If not, maybe you could just post the intro videos for all three? *hopeful look*

Alia
Regular

#43 Post by Alia »

azureXtwilight wrote: Dio's name came from Dyonisysius, the Greek god of wine
Naming gluttony after Dionysus also counts as brilliant, since he's also the god of theater, and that's definitely what he's doing as River.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#44 Post by azureXtwilight »

Alia wrote: Nope.
I'm sure it's my fault, since before re-installing re-make eps 1&2 I deleted all ren_py files so that eps 1&2 would think this was my first time playing them. (It had been a while since I'd played them, so I wanted to re-unlock all the dialogue/paths.) I didn't think it would cause a problem since I re-downloaded the games after deleting the ren_py files, but I can't think what else the issue might be. :( Everything works fine aside from the intro videos not showing up (and trying to re-charm the same monster in 2 causing an error screen). Any idea what I should do?
If not, maybe you could just post the intro videos for all three? *hopeful look*
I have the openings on my youtube channel, yes : https://www.youtube.com/user/azureXtwilight/videos

Alia
Regular

#45 Post by Alia »

Yay, thanks!