Quantum Conscience (Sci-Fi Drama, Romance)[GxB][BxG][BxB]...

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
maricon

Re: Quantum Conscience (Sci-Fi Drama, Romance)[GxB][BxG][BxB

#16 Post by maricon »

Hey, I really liked your game. I hope you'll make that sequel :) I only achieved ending 4 so far, but I doubt any of them is conclusive.
The plot was action-filled and quick-paced, which is how I like it. The idea of using the knowledge of the main character as a way to influence the plot was interesting and seem to work here. The characters made this game engrossing.
I liked Mierol, who is easily the most sympathetic character in this game (at least for me), Veramus was a
twisted bastard
but an interesting one, Amalek came off as a lousy leader but he's the hottest guy in the whole game, and Korah bitched at me constantly for no reason so no big fan there. I second the notion to make Crain romanceable :D He certainly didn't stick around for long enough.
The few complaints I have, have to do with how short it was. It's also a shame we couldn't influence Blaire more - maybe in the sequel?
He didn't seem any less lost then in the beginning. And I hope there is an ending when s/he isn't someone's tool :)
Overall it was an enjoyable experience. I enjoy scifi(esp when they're not preachy), and I think you are pretty good at writing it.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#17 Post by storykween »

Thanks @maricon, I'm glad you enjoyed it! If it felt a bit short (which I tend to take as a compliment, because that means you wanted it to keep going :P ), hopefully you find some good replay value in it. I wrote a large number of branches for most scenes in the game, sacrificing some overall length for a wider variety of story possibilities!
Last edited by storykween on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My website: woodsy-studio.com

bellice
Veteran

#18 Post by bellice »

Any news regarding the Android version? I'd like to buy the game, but I don't have a credit card, so gumroad's out for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, got my mum to give me hers. :lol:

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#19 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

I've got an error.

I'm currently playing the part where:
I've just come back from learning that FOE scanned Veramus' thoughts and now he's double agenting with them. I'm talking with Amalek and the Void box is at the top of the screen as usual but if I click on it I get an error.
I have included the error code below.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/infoscreen.rpy", line 254, in <module>
NameError: name 'name' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\ast.py", line 756, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\ui.py", line 264, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2309, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 306, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 306, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 308, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\core.py", line 2309, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 181, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\display\screen.py", line 288, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\screenlang.py", line 1239, in __call__
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, locals=scope)
  File "C:\Program Files\Games\Games_SciFi\QuantumConscience-1.0-all\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/infoscreen.rpy", line 254, in <module>
NameError: name 'name' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.7.521
Quantum Conscience 1.1

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

#20 Post by storykween »

I'm so sorry you got the error. I'm working on trying to figure out why you got it but right now I can't seem to recreate it; everything's working for me when I try playing through the scene under a variety of circumstances.

Can you tell me a little about some of the decisions you made beforehand and some other details?

1) Did you read the minds of the hotel guests when Blaire was scouting the area (clerk, janitor, etc.?)
2) Did you read the minds of Marzo and/or Carson in the hotel?
3) When does the Void Stream button stop working?
4) Does it start working again if you keep playing?

Thanks for your time if you have a moment to answer those questions. Feel free to mention anything else you think might be relevant. I'll do my best to fix this ASAP.

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular

#21 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

I actually re-started from the beginning thinking that the problem might have been caused by me loading my save from the demo. I still got the error but I got it in a different place so I will include info for both.
First Playthrough (loaded save from game demo):
Character: Charm, Temper, Female
1. I read minds a lot but I did not use mindreading for scoping out the hotel
2. Yes, I read the minds of Marzo and Carson
3. The Void Stream button stopped working during my talk with Amarek (where the shadow is shouting at me to read his mind)
4. It worked again after that scene but stopped again when Mierol had me in the cell at the beginning of Chapter 4. Since you can't proceed in the game after that point without the Void Stream I don't know what happens after that.

Second Playthrough (completely new game):
Character: Combat, Gullible, Female
1 (and 2). I read almost no one's mind. I didn't even check in until the point where it had stopped working last time. No hotel guests, no Marzo or Carson.
3. Again it stopped at the beginning of Chapter 4. It also stopped temporarily before that though, in a different place than my first playthrough but I can't quite remember where.
I have now deleted both the demo and the game then re-installed the game. I'll let you know my results.

In case you can't tell I absolutely love your game. I just wish I could finish it (sigh).

Edit: After re-starting I realize I didn't specify what choices I made at the start of the games. I have added that into above.

Editx2 (game after re-installing):
Character: Combat, Gullible, Female
1 (and 2):Again I read almost no one's mind, neither the hotel guests, Marzo, nor Carson.
3. I was keeping tabs on it and it stopped working right at the end of Chapter 3. I could read minds when Amalek was giving his death speech but couldn't after he was done talking to Mierol. Again, the problem was still going on by the early point in Chapter 4 where you have to talk to the shadow or the game won't move on.

storykween
Regular

#22 Post by storykween »

I'm glad you've been able to enjoy it despite the trouble you're having! I'd love for you to see the ending, of course. I thought of something else that might be causing the problem:

When you leave the Void Stream, do you press the Return button? It is very important to press Return (rather than Esc or right-clicking the mouse) to exit the Void, because there is specific code written into the Return button.

***EDIT***
Looking through the possibilities further, I'm quite certain that you must have gotten this error because you used something other than the Return button to exit the Void Stream. Please let me know if I'm wrong!

I added some code throughout the script that will mitigate the error you experienced, and the new version is now up on Gumroad. You should no longer see that error screen when you continue forward. But even though I added the workaround, please use the Return button to exit the Void Stream in the future for an optimal experience! Using the Return button also ensures that the game keeps an accurate count of how often you've read each character's mind. 8)

Let me know if you have any trouble; the store should remember you and let you download again! My apologies again for the hassle of it all.

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular

#23 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

It works! Huzzah! And you are correct, I had been right-clicking without even thinking about it.

I love the mechanic you built into this game. The option to read minds is always there. Sitting temptingly at the top of the screen. It's almost impossible to not use it all the time, especially on the first playthrough.

storykween
Regular

#24 Post by storykween »

*Project Update:* I've entered Quantum Conscience for Steam Greenlight, so please take a moment to give the game a vote if you're interested! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =339415581 Thanks everyone!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by philip »

Had downloaded the demo last year and gone through it; came across it today by accident and went through again. Noticed at the end of the demo that the complete game had been released (don't know HOW I missed that), so paid for, and am downloading it now!

The demo was very interesting, and I am looking forward to going through the whole game. Will be back later with my thoughts, although the demo was so engaging and fabulous, I can't imagine that the complete game will not be fantastic as well.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by philip »

Went through the full game; it was GREAT! The art was nice, the story well told, I am anxious to go back and explore more of it.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

storykween
Regular

#27 Post by storykween »

Thank you Philip, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D