dollboy[short KN][slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

dollboy[short KN][slice of life]

#1 Post by unknown5 »

Last edited by unknown5 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
information wants to be free, yo.

xiaomao
Regular

Re: dollboy[short KN][slice of life]

#2 Post by xiaomao »

I remember seeing this in the WIP thread. Looks cool, downloading!

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

Wish there was a pin or favorite option in message boards so I can flag things for consumption later. Been following you for some time but currently have such a backlog. Do you have a Twitter? (Then again, probably for the best if you don't, or may end up wasting what would otherwise be productive time like me).

analaura

#4 Post by analaura »

your colection is good really jogos de cozinhar
Last edited by analaura on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

unknown5
Veteran

#5 Post by unknown5 »

thanks for your comments!

@DaFool: no twitter or facebook. i just stay in lemmasoft, heh. oh, i liked the tutorial link you posted. i couldn't get the same level of results, but neat stuff. didn't know about waifujam. dl'ed your entry and gonna play. =D

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

#6 Post by Holland »

I finished this just now. I couldn't put it down once I started it (despite it being midnight haha); it's a ton of fun to read! I love the art style paired with the story, and there's just enough movement to keep you interested in what's happening on screen. The story was really interesting. I almost closed out at the credits without seeing the epilogue, though, which really tied everything together. The music fit well but got under my skin after a while because of how repetitive it was. There were also a few scenes where the backgrounds were paired awkwardly with the sprites (if I remember right, one scene ended up looking like the parents were standing on the table because of the perspective the bg was drawn with). Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. I'll definitely be checking out your other game sometime soon~

unknown5
Veteran

#7 Post by unknown5 »

thank you for your great comments. i really, really appreciate useful critiques that point out weaknesses. very helpful!

- yeah, you got me on the music. just couldn't quite make it turn out like i had wanted. maybe using more tracks would have been the solution. or maybe using snippets and being more selective about their use. it's kinda tricky since i've never really analyzed/studied how music is used in film/anime/VNs/etc. scoring, leitmotifs, and whatnot. hmm ... more things to study/work on improving.

- i'll have to be more careful with the backgrounds in the future. thank you for alerting me!

but i'm glad there were enough good things to overlook its flaws. =)