Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Message
Author
User avatar
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
Skype: kurotezuka
itch: hijiri
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#1 Post by Hijiri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Image
"What truths were hidden in that lost code...?"
Image
12 people have been taken into the forest with a PDA containing an objective, and a brace keeping a bomb implanted within them neutralized. Should they fail to complete the given objective, the bomb within them will detonate. However, things will not be so simple. Along with their objective, a special clause has been placed on each person; a Death Rule.
No one knows what the other Player's objectives are, or what Rule had been placed upon them. Being alone is a disadvantage, but in a deadly game such as this, how do you know who to trust?

Image
Click for larger size

Image

Image

Image

Image



DOWNLOAD HERE
Current version: 1.0d
Patch:
patch 1_00d.rar
1.00c to 1.00d patch
(28.48 KiB) Downloaded 556 times
Instructions for installing are inside the file.

Changelog:
1.0a
-Released game

1.0c
-Fixed missing files that broke choices
-Deleted persistent data that was carried into the build

1.0d
-Fixed 'Interface' object has no attribute 'focused' error.
Last edited by Hijiri on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

User avatar
Sleipnir56
Veteran
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:24 am
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#2 Post by Sleipnir56 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:31 pm

This looks good, but could you please use another downloading service. The one you have isn't working for me.

User avatar
MaiMai
Yandere
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:04 pm
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble
Location: USA, Southern California
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#3 Post by MaiMai » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Congratulations on completing your game Hijiri!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

User avatar
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
Skype: kurotezuka
itch: hijiri
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#4 Post by Hijiri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Sleipnir56 wrote:This looks good, but could you please use another downloading service. The one you have isn't working for me.
If you happen to know a filesharing site without a download or upload limit, I'm all ears. I'd have split it into parts, but then I know that there are people who have trouble with those, and sometimes those break.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

User avatar
Sleipnir56
Veteran
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:24 am
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#5 Post by Sleipnir56 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Hijiri wrote:
Sleipnir56 wrote:This looks good, but could you please use another downloading service. The one you have isn't working for me.
If you happen to know a filesharing site without a download or upload limit, I'm all ears. I'd have split it into parts, but then I know that there are people who have trouble with those, and sometimes those break.

Maybe mediafire or drop box. It's just my internet is really crappy and doesn't like uploading anything, even on the easiest sites...

User avatar
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
Skype: kurotezuka
itch: hijiri
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#6 Post by Hijiri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Sleipnir56 wrote:
Hijiri wrote:
Sleipnir56 wrote:This looks good, but could you please use another downloading service. The one you have isn't working for me.
If you happen to know a filesharing site without a download or upload limit, I'm all ears. I'd have split it into parts, but then I know that there are people who have trouble with those, and sometimes those break.

Maybe mediafire or drop box. It's just my internet is really crappy and doesn't like uploading anything, even on the easiest sites...
Mediafire has a 200mb cap on uploads and dropbox has a download limit. I'll try and look for mirrors, but for now everyone's gonna have to tolerate MEGA
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

User avatar
Sleipnir56
Veteran
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:24 am
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#7 Post by Sleipnir56 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Oh okay. Well, still thanks. I'll keep trying. Maybe it'll download a bit later.

Edit-Got it working, Used chrome since it's better then firefox :) . Thanks again

User avatar
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
Skype: kurotezuka
itch: hijiri
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#8 Post by Hijiri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 pm

If you guys are getting an error when the choices come up, download the rar file I attached to the first post and place it in your "common" folder inside the "renpy" folder. That should fix the issue
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

User avatar
Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 545
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:57 pm
Completed: Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
Tumblr: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#9 Post by Reikun » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 pm

For file hosting you could try indiedb or itch.io (not sure if either has size limit).
Congrats on the release!! This was one of the first games that caught my attention when I first joined LSF so I'm excited to give it a whirl this weekend :)
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

User avatar
Alte
The Great Organizer
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#10 Post by Alte » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 pm

According to itch.io faq about size limit-

"There is currently a limit of 500mb per file, and 10 files per game. These limits are just in place to prevent abuse."
IntRenMo/NaNoRenO (pre-/March) | Post Mortems/Tips | (July & August) SuNoFES

User avatar
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
Skype: kurotezuka
itch: hijiri
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#11 Post by Hijiri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Alte wrote:According to itch.io faq about size limit-

"There is currently a limit of 500mb per file, and 10 files per game. These limits are just in place to prevent abuse."
The game skirts the limit, so we have our no file host. Also allows me to upload version 1.00b

EDIT: DELETE PERSISTENT DATA IN THE "SAVES" FOLDER LOCATED INSIDE THE "GAME" FOLDER BEFORE YOU PLAY. RENPY ARCHIVED MY PERSISTENT INFO ALONG WITH THE GAME
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

User avatar
Alte
The Great Organizer
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#12 Post by Alte » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:03 am

Hijiri wrote:
Alte wrote:According to itch.io faq about size limit-

"There is currently a limit of 500mb per file, and 10 files per game. These limits are just in place to prevent abuse."
The game skirts the limit, so we have our no file host. Also allows me to upload version 1.00b
It's still possible, as long itch.io recognizes as a single zip file or a few for other platforms. (Lemon Project for example)
IntRenMo/NaNoRenO (pre-/March) | Post Mortems/Tips | (July & August) SuNoFES

User avatar
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1489
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:35 pm
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition
Projects: Aeternam Conquest: Judgment, Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
Deviantart: ExecutorHijiri
Skype: kurotezuka
itch: hijiri
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#13 Post by Hijiri » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:12 am

Alte wrote:
Hijiri wrote:
Alte wrote:According to itch.io faq about size limit-

"There is currently a limit of 500mb per file, and 10 files per game. These limits are just in place to prevent abuse."
The game skirts the limit, so we have our no file host. Also allows me to upload version 1.00b
It's still possible, as long itch.io recognizes as a single zip file or a few for other platforms. (Lemon Project for example)
I meant "new host". I was uploading the new build onto itch until someone pointed out the persistent thing, so now I have to upload a version that fixes both the missing files AND the persistent data.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

User avatar
Compulsive Liar
Regular
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:50 am
Projects: Sentimental Dreamers
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#14 Post by Compulsive Liar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am

I've been looking forward to this game for awhile. Now I just have to wait just a little longer.

User avatar
tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 519
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:23 pm
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy, Tour de Paseban
Projects: ERASER, Last Rx
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

#15 Post by tiya_nofurita » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 am

Wow, the premise sounds interesting! I'm definitely in for this kind of game :D
Completed project :
ERASER [before :
PROJECT]


Image

Image
PROJECT-ERASER



"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous" (Paracelsus, The Father of Toxicology)

"Let us learn to DREAM, then we may perhaps find the truth" (August Kekule, the benzene structure inventor)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider]