Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Re: Death Rule: lost code [Survival/Suspense] (ver. 1.0d pat

#46 Post by Hijiri »

ColaCat wrote:Thanks! I played through it all (noticed a few typos, but other than that everything was spot on) and I think it's one of the few games that I've played that had really good extras. Not only did they give you extra information, but they also were quite funny (the Confessions coming to mind here). Plus, they helped make the game feel less scary (at least to me they did), but the balance of humor was just right, enough to make you enjoy the character interaction, but not enough to make you feel like the game isn't serious.

I look forward to the second one!

Oh, and
I was seriously shocked to find out that Player 1 was really a murderous crazy person!
It took me by surprise.
I'm glad you enjoyed the game! And yeah, those extras were to add a bit more info to the world as well as point out a few things that might have been missed the first time around.
Too bad I couldn't go with my original plan for her, huh?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

ColaCat
Veteran

#47 Post by ColaCat »

Yeah! But it does add a bit of variation, and kept me on my toes.

Oh yeah (not sure if I should put this in a spoiler tag so I'm going to use one anyway),
What is the thing on Abraham's arm that he finds they forgot to take off (when he first wakes up)?

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

#48 Post by Hijiri »

ColaCat wrote:Yeah! But it does add a bit of variation, and kept me on my toes.

Oh yeah (not sure if I should put this in a spoiler tag so I'm going to use one anyway),
What is the thing on Abraham's arm that he finds they forgot to take off (when he first wakes up)?
A tracking beacon. Its how the IPF find him and the otthers. Here's a little fact about that: It was supposed to be activated 10 days after he gets taken. It activates the day after they first wake up, so how many days passed since they were all taken and they woke up in the forest?
Image Image

ColaCat
Veteran

#49 Post by ColaCat »

Thanks. I had just assumed that
they get taken, have the thing put in them and then wake up, all on the same day. It didn't cross my mind how they could actually be there for quite a bit before the game starts
Also, any idea on when the sequel is coming out?

Ineedaname9

#50 Post by Ineedaname9 »

I had a few issues getting the game to work but I think it was just my connection and once it did open I was hooked. I really enjoyed the overall story and look forward to the sequel were we learn more about the world the game takes place in. The differences in story I felt like they were deliberate stylistic decisions and I hope they were because I think it adds to the story overall,
since in the Final Rule part the choices were meaningless while in Lost Code the one choice you can make means everything.
Also, I'm a tad bit sad that in the extra's it seems like Hector and George were together rather then Hector and Gabe (My ship, I can't help it) and with what insights into the sequel
that Hector hasn't reached out to Abigail's son.

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#51 Post by Hijiri »

Ineedaname9 wrote:I had a few issues getting the game to work but I think it was just my connection and once it did open I was hooked. I really enjoyed the overall story and look forward to the sequel were we learn more about the world the game takes place in. The differences in story I felt like they were deliberate stylistic decisions and I hope they were because I think it adds to the story overall,
since in the Final Rule part the choices were meaningless while in Lost Code the one choice you can make means everything.
Also, I'm a tad bit sad that in the extra's it seems like Hector and George were together rather then Hector and Gabe (My ship, I can't help it) and with what insights into the sequel
that Hector hasn't reached out to Abigail's son.
It wasn't intentional, at least for TFR (as far as I know). Lost Code was always going to have 1 or 2 choices though.

Well, Hector's the kind of guy who doesn't give second chances, so there's that.
Plus, George sorta becomes an emotional crutch for Hec since he's the only one who keeps on him to do the day-to-day. As for reaching out...He tried to, but was unsuccessful. He did, however, pay for Phillip's schooling as an anonymous donor. The military academy pulled some strings for him since he was an alumni.
Image Image

ColaCat
Veteran

#52 Post by ColaCat »

Is TFR like a prequel type thing for TLC? Or is it just where you've split the story into two chapters?

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Hijiri »

ColaCat wrote:Is TFR like a prequel type thing for TLC? Or is it just where you've split the story into two chapters?
Actually, its parallel universes. Both stories are seperate from one another, so you can read them in whatever order.
Image Image

ColaCat
Veteran

#54 Post by ColaCat »

Oh, that makes more sense now. I thought they were meant to be done in a particular order.

Lycalys

#55 Post by Lycalys »

So I played TFR and both choices in LC. Have I seen all the story so far?

If so, it was quite enjoyable as a scenario, however it felt extremely short.

The story went by so quickly that I didn't really feel like I got to know most of the characters, so it didn't really bother me when anyone except Dwight, Tina or Abraham died. This was especially true for characters like Lilly and Gabe.
I don't feel like we got to know enough about the setting for a first game in a series.
The Mutagas seem to be randomly thrown in, it's never really explained outside of one of Lilly and Maria's short conversations why they've been altered.
While I liked the look of most of the characters, I feel like the character designs outside of the main trio/quad could have been better.

I really loved the music, it got my heart pounding a few times during the game.

I'm really looking forward to Killing System and finding out more about the story. Good Luck!

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Hijiri »

Lycalys wrote:So I played TFR and both choices in LC. Have I seen all the story so far?

If so, it was quite enjoyable as a scenario, however it felt extremely short.

The story went by so quickly that I didn't really feel like I got to know most of the characters, so it didn't really bother me when anyone except Dwight, Tina or Abraham died. This was especially true for characters like Lilly and Gabe.
I don't feel like we got to know enough about the setting for a first game in a series.
The Mutagas seem to be randomly thrown in, it's never really explained outside of one of Lilly and Maria's short conversations why they've been altered.
While I liked the look of most of the characters, I feel like the character designs outside of the main trio/quad could have been better.

I really loved the music, it got my heart pounding a few times during the game.

I'm really looking forward to Killing System and finding out more about the story. Good Luck!
There's the extra scenes which explains a bit more.
And yeah, the scenarios were rather short, but I really wanted to move past this since Death Rule: Lost Code started as a small project. Killing System is and always will be the 'core' story since that was the one that was originally supposed to be made, but I wanted to introduce people to the world first before jumping into the craziness of it.

And yes, to be honest, the Mutaga were thrown in, which is why they won't make an apperance ever again. (You can read the excuse I made in the game)

I'm glad I piqued your interest, I'll be sure to put 2x the effort for Killing System.
Image Image

Lycalys

#57 Post by Lycalys »

I've read the extra scenes now. I really enjoyed them and they did reveal a lot of what I'd been hoping for. Now I'm looking forward to Killing System even more!

On another note, what does the subtitle "Lost Code" signify?

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#58 Post by Hijiri »

Lycalys wrote:I've read the extra scenes now. I really enjoyed them and they did reveal a lot of what I'd been hoping for. Now I'm looking forward to Killing System even more!

On another note, what does the subtitle "Lost Code" signify?
I'm glad you enjoyed them!
As for the subtitle:
This references the stolen servers of the Committee. Its from those missing servers that the true villain is able to recreate the games as well as help spark the beginnings of a world war.
Image Image

Milkymalk
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Don't Look (AGS game)
Projects: KANPEKI! ★Perfect Play★
Organization: Crappy White Wings

#59 Post by Milkymalk »

Your story hook got me, I'm playing this asap :-) Sounds like Battle Royale meets Danganronpa!
Crappy White Wings (currently quite inactive)
Working on: KANPEKI!
(On Hold: New Eden, Imperial Sea, Pure Light)

Orinks

#60 Post by Orinks »

Hi,
I assume that the players unlock as you play through their stories? Just played by Dwites, and the next person available to me is abigale.

Speaking of which, is there a way you can add self-voicing support to the specific game menus using the new Alt feature for self-voicing? The story is great and reads, but most game menus do not read at all. The only way I know that I've selected a character after clicking start I assume is just by clicking on them and see who I get. Now since I've played Dwites, I'd be curious to play through Tina's.

I'm finally glad 6.18 is out, since I no longer need the SDK to play games for self-voicing.