FI: Interview [Comedy/Friendship][Platonic GxB/G][Updated]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: FI: Interview [Comedy/Friendship][Platonic GxB/G]

#31 Post by Godline »

I got the same bug in the post above with one of the endings of Kimber. It played through another ending automatically.

-Who did you interview first?
Kole. Easiest for me to find.

-What was the first Ending you got (if you finished the game)?
Tomi's epilogue. He was amusing and adorable, so I played through his endings and stumbled upon the epilogue, which was cuteee but I wanted more! MORE I tell you! Haha!

-Who was your favorite character or characters?
Tomi and Hark for sure.

-Which ending or endings were your favorites?
Hark. Having [name] in the forest talking to herself was amusing.
-About how much time did you spend playing the game?
Like, one and a half days obsessively trying to get all the endings. Haha.

-Was getting through the game difficult or irritating?
I had to look at the walkthrough to get Hark. I never would have found him if I didn't know he existed prior.

-Was anything confusing or poorly explained?
Nope.

-Was there a noticeable amount of errors?
There was another error in Hark's route when he doesn't walk her out of the forest and the 'moveoutright' doesn't seem to be defined or something. You'll find it.

-Was there anything that could have been added to make the game better?
The font size, yes. And more development in the epilogues. :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#32 Post by Googaboga »

Haha that Kimber thing is a pretty bad glitch :'D. Thanks for letting me know about the issues in the game Saitoki and Godline. I'll release an updated version in a couple days but I'd like to wait a little longer to see if other problems are reported, just in case. I wouldn't want to release a fixed version and then have another bug reported the next day XD.

@Saitoki
Thank you for playing and coming back to let me know what you thought. I appreciate it ^^.

About difficulty-
If you choose the right answer in the forest the fog becomes thinner. So as long as you watch for that getting through the forest isn't as hard as it might seem at first :3. Also the right types of choices are hinted at in the the dialog and there are several correct combination of answers.

And yeah there is a character you can interview in there X3.
And in regards to your general thoughts-
I'm sorry this wasn't exactly the type of game you were expecting. But I'm glad you were able to have some fun with it :>.
@Godline
Thank you for answering the questions, I really appreciate the feedback :3.

Haha, Tomi and Hark are my favorites too :lol:.

And I'm glad you liked the epilogues. They were actually added really last minute long after the main script had been written. They definitely could have been better/longer but I didn't want to postpone releasing the game yet again so that was all I could get done 'X3.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

ArtisticSweetness
Projects: Sleepless Nights (Romance VN) | Guardian Angel (VN)|Tomodachi Love [Vinesauce Version] (Silly VN/Date Sim)
Organization: Cat And Canary Creations
Tumblr: ArtisticSweetness
Deviantart: ArtisticSweetness

#33 Post by ArtisticSweetness »

-Who did you interview first?
In my first playthrough I just went with the flow and didn't look at the walkthrough :'D I ended up with Tomi.

-Who did you interview last (if you played the game more than once)?
Going by the walkthrough ending list, Hark.

-What was the first Ending you got (if you finished the game)?
The first ending I got was #11. This was during my first playthrough.

-Who was your favorite character or characters?
Hmmmm, I'd have to say...Hark. I've always liked the characters who are stoic and don't really show much emotion, but end up smiling or showing their sadness at some point. It's the whole "I want to be the one to make you smile" thing, I suppose. Him or Kole, Kole was simply adorable uvu

-Which ending or endings were your favorites?
Hark's ending was simply adorable and fun. So he'd be in my tops for sure! Just seeing him after the ideal end when he actually looked sad for a moment, that was enough to make my heart pitter patter just a bit.
-About how much time did you spend playing the game?
Mmm I'd have to say about...5 hours I suppose? Getting all the endings and such by following the walkthrough.

-Was getting through the game difficult or irritating?
Nah not really. Being an avid Visual Novel/Date sim player, I know how tedious it can be to get every ending. Thank goodness for the skip function!

-Was anything confusing or poorly explained?
Nope, everything made sense and was straight to the point, to me.
Although I would have liked to know what species or what Hark was but, c'est lavie.
-Was there a noticeable amount of errors?
Well...to me there were a couple grammatical errors, as well as a few words missing from certain texts.
I also got an error during one of Hark's endings, well two of them.
This was followed by another error.
But I clicked ignore to both of them and it ended up working just fine.

-Was there anything that could have been added to make the game better?
More story? Haha, I would have liked to talk to the characters more. But this is all in all a fun game either way, nothing really to add.
Although I would have liked to have had a gallery to see the pictures I'd unlocked. I like to go back and reminisce sometimes, so that would have been enjoyable.

All in all, great game! I had been looking forward to this~! And I'm glad I did. :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by Googaboga »

@ArtisticSweetness
Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions ^v^. It's very helpful and interesting to know.

I'm going to be releasing an updated version of the game to fix the glitch you got as well as another one. So if you can remember any specific parts where you noticed errors in the script feel free to let me know and I can edit those out in the newer version too :].

Also-
I'm planning on creating more games with a Fortune Island setting, so Hark will be back here in the completed section again someday and maybe then you'll get the answers you're hoping for ;3.
In-Progress:
Released:

Shiro21

#35 Post by Shiro21 »

Hi...

Well kinda middle of Satisfy and unsatisfied and IM SORRYY..
well maybe i was searching for some romance in every char. ahaha. i know it's hard to create Visual novel :oops: .. so just ignore This haha

Im sorry, but i have a few question... :?:

What is the secret place Damon talking about?
what is Hart secret?

Im sorry, im just curious or maybe i just misread it..

But Over All It was good and every character i consumed 1 hr.. haha
and I like HART..

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Googaboga »

Okay so I will, hopefully, be releasing the fixed version of FI: Interview later today which will have less/no glitches and bigger text C:. However it might have to wait until tomorrow since I might not have time today.

@Shiro21

It's okay, different people like different types of games :]. Though I do wonder, if you wanted romance why did you play this game? I don't mean that in an accusing way I just don't want to mislead people and maybe something about this game implied romance? Was including 'GxB/G' the problem? I thought adding 'Platonic' would make it clear that is a friendship based type of pursuing but maybe GxB has such a connotation with romance that people might still expect at least some.

As for your questions;
You didn't misread anything and both of those will be answered in another game so I won't be giving away the answers now. Sorry X3.
And thank you. I'm glad you still had some fun with it :>.
In-Progress:
Released:

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: FI: Interview [Comedy/Friendship][Platonic GxB/G][Update

#37 Post by Googaboga »

Okay so I've updated the download links with versions that should have ironed out most of the problems people have had with the game so far :].

Thanks again to everyone who has tried the game out ^v^.
In-Progress:
Released:

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

#38 Post by PaupauSenpai »

Ahhhhh I finally got around to writing my review on the game!! I've been busy these past few weeks but I have played through it many times! xD I'm not sure if I found all the endings, and I'm going to double check .u. BUT I LOVED THIS VN WITH ALL MY HEART it was so cute and lovely <333

1. Kole lol. I actually found Marisol first but yeah. xD

2. Hark~

3. Well, the first Game Over I got was sleeping on the dang boat xD I believe the first ending I got was "Wrong Number," which made me go FFFFFF but I guess it's my fault for choosing all the random questions about his backstory and personal life because I was curious...then I played again and got the proper ending for Kole xDD

4. I love Dr. Lev to death. He's my kinda guy. <3333 Also, Damon's sooo cute and I love people who care for animals <333 Tbh, I really like all the characters. I really love the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" kind of theme to this vn because I was pretty annoyed by Tomi at first LOL but getting to know him, I really started to like him too 8D I realized he actually has a lot in common with me LOL xD And to think I was yellin' at him through my screen because he was being difficult at first...this game is a real eye-opener in that aspect xD

5. I liiiiked Kole's endings, Damon's was adorable too...many of them, like Tomi's and Kimber's, left me hopeful for a "10 years later" sequel ;w;! (don't crush my dreams xD)

6. Probably about two hours overall...but I don't think I'm done yet. I want to try a few things, like name myself after the characters xD

7. Nah, it was actually quite nice. Even the little memory game was a breeze, which I think is nice. And implementing a 'skip' option for the game was really smart. I'm very pleased ;w;

8. I feel like this is probably on purpose, but Hark's backstory!! Will it ever be explained in depth?? Have I missed an ending? I'm going to look into it soon, because I feel like there's a lot of secrets I have yet to discover and I really want to, he was really interesting!

9. Not at all! It was clear that people spent time on everything in the vn ;w; The characters' dialogue was consistent and "alive," and no one really had grammatical errors or anything.

10. In reality, I've really come to love the characters so much, even in such a short amount of time. I think magnificent work was done on all of them-- so much so, that I feel sad at the end, and I wish to be able to spend more time with each of them to get to know them...TAT

But that's just my wishful thinking. All in all, wonderful vn. I loved it!! :'D
Current Project:
The Color of Life, a slice-of-life otome game with a hint of fantasy, dreamworlds...and bunny and kitty boys.
Link to the WIP thread here

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Googaboga »

@Paupau
Aaaw, thank you very much for the feedback and all the kind words <3. I'm glad you had so much fun with the game :mrgreen:.

As for your question, you most likely haven't missed anything. Hark's back story is only touched upon in the game. When all is said and done it's still a total mystery.
But I do plan on making another game set on Fortune Island, so if you can wait for that you'll get plenty of answers then X3.
In-Progress:
Released:

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#40 Post by pocoscon »

Hey, I really like this game so far =). I was wondering though if you could upload the updated version on another download source. The one you have isn't working for me =(.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Googaboga »

Sorry you're having issues, pocoscon. Perhaps this one will work for you :3.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03EOo ... sp=sharing
In-Progress:
Released:

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#42 Post by pocoscon »

Googaboga wrote:Sorry you're having issues, pocoscon. Perhaps this one will work for you :3.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03EOo ... sp=sharing

Thank you so much =). It's worked! I'm going to play it this week :) . Thanks again :mrgreen:
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#43 Post by Googaboga »

Great! I'm glad :>.
In-Progress:
Released:

fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

#44 Post by fioricca »

Ahhh it took a while for me to set aside time to play this but I'm so glad I did! This is the most fun game I've played in a while! I love the blend of gameplay and narrative and it's great to find out more about the townsfolk in a fun and engaging way. I've only played Tomi's and Hark's (oh gosh I love how they overlap) route's but they're so precious. I Game Over'd about thrice or four times before learning the ropes and managing to get Tomi to talk to me but that was super fun. There's definitely a sense of accomplishment in getting them to cooperate with me!

The art is so cute, and the bright, cheerful palette fits the game well. I really love the details on all of the BGs, though my favourite is the Town Square (from what I've seen). The music is well-picked and I enjoyed Tomi's camera click sounds very much! He's adorable. I really like both characters' stories, too; it's refreshing to just play shorts like this instead of plowing through serious, drama-filled plots.

It seems that there's a lot more content to unlock so I'm going to play more when I can and (hopefully) uncover Boss' identity ^q^

Thanks so much for making this game and congrats on the release! This was inspirational!

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Googaboga »

@fioricca
Thank you very much o//w//o. Your description is exactly what the game was aiming for so it means a lot :3. Hehe, it's also nice to see more people who like Tomi and Hark (I'm biased towards them :lol:).

I hope you enjoy the rest of the paths you play ^^.
In-Progress:
Released: