My Lady REMADE[GxB][Short Victorian VN][Commercial][Android]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular
Completed: Check Signature!
Projects: Check Signature!
Organization: Seraphim Entertainment
Tumblr: thebunnyofevil

My Lady REMADE[GxB][Short Victorian VN][Commercial][Android]

#1 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

My Lady (A Michaela Laws Production)
---
You are Miss Bauxmont, the heiress to the Bauxmont estate. With your mother always away on business trips, you find yourself infatuated with your personal butler. For several years, you have vied for his attention, but to no avail. However, you are now 17 and your mother has plans for you involving a certain suitor who has come into town.

What will your future hold on the chessboard?

---

PURCHASE HERE
http://vamichaelalaws.itch.io/my-lady

Play it on your Android!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ASDLOGW
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... chaelaLaws
---

FEATURES:
-5 Endings
-Main Character Name Input
-Love Interest (Butler) Name Input
-Original Soundtrack by Christopher Escalante
-Full English Voice Acting by Bradley Gareth, Jonah Scott, Hayden Daviau, and Michaela Laws
-Art and Story by Michaela Laws

---

CHARACTERS:
_____ Bauxmont - YOU! You are the heiress to the Bauxmont estate. Raised by the servants, you've been very sheltered and have grown quite fond of Sophie, your personal maid, and your butler.

_____ the Butler (CV: Bradley Gareth) - Your Love Interest! Your personal butler whom you can't get out of your mind. After years of vying for his attention with no success, will you ever be able to obtain his love?

Sophie the Maid (CV: Michaela Laws) - Your best friend and personal maid! She is a silly maid who loves to spoil you and make you happy on top of making sure your fit for royalty. However, with guests, she is very straightforward and polite; almost a complete 180 switch.

Lady Bauxmont (CV: Hayden Daviau) - Your mother and current holder of the Bauxmont estate. She is strict and businesslike, not truly caring about love, but about the future. She is harsh with you, but for good reason.

Isaac Newport (CV: Jonah Scott) - A new suitor. He is gentle and fun, but he's not really the type to have romance. He's merely the type of guy who wants to care for someone like a little sister.

---

Statistics:

The game contains 525 dialogue blocks, containing 7,198 words and 37,446
characters, for an average of 13.7 words and 71 characters per block.

The game contains 14 menus, 32 images, and 22 screens.

---

ENDINGS AVAILABLE
BEST GOOD ENDING: The girl marries her prince. Checkmate.
GOOD ENDING: The girl chooses the prince and the pauper. Stalemate.
BAD ENDING: The girl unties her ribbon from her neck. Forfeit.
BAD ENDING: The girl gets trapped in the glass case. Knight takes bishop.
BAD ENDING: The lady locks the girl in her tower. Queen takes Bishop.
Last edited by VAPMichaelaLaws on Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Voice Actress | Singer | Writer | Producer | Director
http://www.michaelaamandalaws.com/
--------
Completed Projects: My Teacher (NaNoReno2013), Pizz'Amore, My Lady, Our School Love (Otome Audio CD), Our Honeymoon (Otome Audio CD), Seduce Me, Maid With Perfection (NaNoReno2015), Blind Love (ILUjam 2015), Love And Romance: A Study Of Intimacy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Remember, Remember
Projects Still In Production: All For You

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

Re: My Lady [GxB][Short Victorian VN] -24 Hour VN Challenge-

#2 Post by Laera-chan »

This sounds interesting! And I love the fact that not only can I put in my name, but my butler's name! Downloading! I'll let you know what I think after I play it through! And yes, I read the note about what isn't included, and frankly, don't care if the story is good. So I'll let you know what I think in a bit. :)

Edit: So, I've played through once and got
The girl marries her prince. Checkmate. Or whatever the actual sentence was. They ran away together
. It was very cute. I will admit, if it had sprites it'd be better, but it's very good for just 24 hours. I hope you do a remake of this and add sprites, perhaps some CG's. I imagine the butler as a dark haired megane stud muffin. :lol: Yes, I just said stud muffin. Can't help it. But seriously, with a tightly fitted suit, slicked back, dark hair, with a few strands loose around his eyes, that have glasses on... Yum. :lol:

NanaNaninna

#3 Post by NanaNaninna »

Absolutely beautiful!

The fact that there were no physical characters probably made it even better for me, since I tend to usually go for the long haired blonde guy, regardless of his personality. :P This way I was actually happier to get
GOOD ENDING: The girl chooses the prince and the pauper. Stalemate. than BEST ENDING, because, hey, I get to be married to a man who doesn't lay a finger on me and allows me to have a lover, AND to meet my mom's expectations, AND, as some sort of bonus be rich? I mean, come on, who wouldn't want that? :D
Lovely plot, I'd definitely love to read more from you.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#4 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I'll be honest - I didn't think that I would like it, solely because there wouldn't be any sprites. But there were other good things: the ability to choose your name and the name of your butler - I named him Eiji XD - and, well, choices. I don't like kinetic novels because of the lack of choices. As a fan of choose your own adventure stories, visual novels with romance elements are a treat. A visual novel with no choices bugs me, because when I think of a visual novel, I think of a game with choices - only because those are the visual novels that I am used to playing. And I love being a character and making different choices. It brings some joy to my boring life. Also, you are a very talented writer, and your story was simply lovely. I enjoyed the forbidden romance, and look forward to more visual novels from you.

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#5 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

Let's stay simple and objective :
I played it, loved it and would probably love it if there is a remake with more than 24h of work.
That said I have to add that it's pretty impressive since you needed to put your reader into the characters and the mood of the story right away with only your writting : congratulations =).

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#6 Post by kersplode »

hey, i really wanna play this game, but there's no options screen and i cant read text that appears all at once (it super disorients me @-@). is there any way you could put the default options screen back in? it doesnt need to be special or anything, i just need to change the text...!

congrats on completing a game with so many endings in just 24hours, though! very impressive!!

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#7 Post by Elze »

This was fun!! And it's amazing that you finished it within 24h. I'd love to play this again with art and music.
Anyone managed to get the best ending? That's the only one I can't get.

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

#8 Post by Sayumi101 »

You did a very amazing job for a 24 hour production. I wanted to alter the text speed and I was all serious when I pressed the 'options' button, major lol there.
As for the game itself, I loved it even though it was so short. During my first playthrough I got the
"girl chooses the prince and the pauper" ending (if I remember the name right.) And I must admit I felt like a total tease XD Even though there was no teasing involved with the wooer.
And gawd, I loved those small little uncomfortable nuances of my butler dear. XD
Hoping you make more games in the future.
Peace. ^^
ImageImageImage

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#9 Post by DarkSin »

Downloaded this and will play it soon :) I love this idea, and would have liked to accept the challenge but.... I can't programme, or design UI or make music... two of which are essential for VN creation orz

EDIT: Just played it, and I got the
The Lady locks the girl in her tower
ending. It was very good, and it's surprising that you did all this in less than 24 hours. I loved the amount of choices in it, the writing prose and the immersive 18th century feel. A job well done :)

VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular

#10 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

Hiya!

I am extremely shocked at the good comments you all have given me! =D Thank you so much! That being said, I will begin work on updating this game with better art assets and possibly a sprite system (doll maker?). If I'm lucky, I can also get some voices in here.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! Indeed more games from me will come out in the future! <3

-Michaela
--------
Completed Projects: My Teacher (NaNoReno2013), Pizz'Amore, My Lady, Our School Love (Otome Audio CD), Our Honeymoon (Otome Audio CD), Seduce Me, Maid With Perfection (NaNoReno2015), Blind Love (ILUjam 2015), Love And Romance: A Study Of Intimacy, Seduce Me 2: The Demon War, Remember, Remember

ark99k
Regular

#11 Post by ark99k »

I think this is so cute!
Some insight on who sent the mysterious letters would be nice. Personally I think that they are from the butler. I mean, K obviously knew the butler was outside her window, although, the butler didn't know that Isaac would arrive that day so that makes him unlikely. However, the butler would have had the opportunity to slip the note in the mail and the window. Isaac is another option, but he seems more like the type that just... He seems more like a BORING PERSON (the horror)! Besides, how would Isaac have gotten the note inside the girl's room.
A series of similar events happening to other girls (the chess/fairytale lingo from K thing) might be an interesting plot to explore.
On another note, I got every ending!

lockpicklogic
Regular

#12 Post by lockpicklogic »

Played through for every ending and loved it :D
Loved Sophie, she just seems like so much fun!
A simple game, but incredible for a 24 hour time limit.
I wish I had any talent for drawing without using paper... do you need moral support? :lol:
I hope you find some artists :)

VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular

Re: My Lady REMADE [GxB][Short Victorian VN][Commercial]

#13 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

THE REMAKE HAS BEEN RELEASED!

http://vamichaelalaws.itch.io/my-lady

Hope you all enjoy! Extras are available! <3
--------

VAPMichaelaLaws
Regular

Re: My Lady REMADE [GxB][Short Victorian VN][Commercial]

#14 Post by VAPMichaelaLaws »

--------

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Re: My Lady REMADE[GxB][Short Victorian VN][Commercial][Andr

#15 Post by Steamgirl »

It was a bit short but I enjoyed it! Is there a walkthrough available? I unlocked 2 of 5 endings but am a bit too lazy to mix and match responses at random to get the others. XD