The Residuals [VN][High-Energy Rampage]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
nickgreen
Completed: re]de[flection
Projects: HERO, The Residuals
Organization: Sasuga Studios

The Residuals [VN][High-Energy Rampage]

#1 Post by nickgreen »

The Residuals
DOWNLOAD
After playing, please fill out this survey so we can make our games even better. Thanks!
—————————————————
STORY
Throughout the course of their operation, the many worlds generate superfluous data that ends up unused and gets discarded.
This data is drawn across the expanse between worlds and accumulates, giving form to a place known to its residents as
「Remnant Central Boundary」
Due to the collision of incongruent concepts, you can never be sure what might happen next. One thing is certain: it's sure to be a wild ride.
—————————————————
GAMEPLAY
The Residuals consists of five chapters, the first four of which can be played in any order.
—————————————————
SCREENSHOTS
Wood Chapter
Fire Chapter
Metal Chapter
Water Chapter
GUI | Save
GUI | Settings
—————————————————
CHARACTERS
—————————————————
SPECIFICATIONS
Play Time: ~2 hours | Suggested Age Rating: 13+
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Disk Space: 250MB
—————————————————
©2014 Sasuga Studios

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

Re: The Residuals [VN][High-Energy Rampage]

#2 Post by CrimsonMoon »

This looks nice, I'm downloading this. Will tell you what I think once I've finished playing it soon. :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

kitsalai
Regular
Projects: Imaginatum

#3 Post by kitsalai »

Hi there. Downloaded this game a month ago but only had the chance to finish it recently.

I have to say I loved the graphics. The sprites were clean and the backgrounds were very neat. One thing I didn't like though is how the background moves so fast though. I feel as though the speed between the foreground and background should have a greater difference. Also during the fight scenes, the background motion never changes so it's difficulty to distinguish the motion of the characters.

Other than those nit picky things, the game itself was fun. I liked how the music matched so well and how all the stories came together at the end. The twins were definitely the most entertaining.
And about the ending, I understand what you were going for but it felt a bit anticlimactic. For all the build up and characters, I felt as if something big would've been better. Just my opinion I guess.

Lastly, the credits was really cool. I love the chiptune music and I'm amazed you made all those sprites for your characters.

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#4 Post by CrimsonMoon »

The sprites and story are entertaining. The music and sound effects are also nicely done. However the background is too distracting. I actually have to rest in between playing the game because the background gives me a headache. Overall it's a nice game. :)
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.