Princess of Ruin [otome, fantasy, visual novel] (commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

Princess of Ruin [otome, fantasy, visual novel] (commercial)

#1 Post by VenusEclipse »

Download the Demo Here

The original soundtrack is also available for purchase here!

Story
In the past, criminals were put in the Cleansing Circle to be cleansed of ill will. This magic was lost for fifty years until one young man resurrects this lost art, releasing prisoners who were left behind.

The prisoners learn that they are cleansed of more than just ill will. They've also lost their memories and feel programmed to perform specific tasks.

Join Raissa as she tries to find out why she was a prisoner, reverse the effects of the circle, and maybe fall in love...

Features:
· 6 obtainable guys
· 24 unique endings
· 85+ unique CGs
· Just over 315,000 words
· Approximately 7-9 hours per route
· 22 original tracks

Other Info:

· Genre: Visual Novel, Otome, Fantasy
· Rating: 14+, contains blood and violence
· Platform: PC, Mac, and Linux
Attachments
porart800.jpg
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:26 am, edited 6 times in total.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

Re: Princess of Ruin [otome, fantasy, visual novel] (commerc

#2 Post by Googaboga »

Congrats on completing the your first commercial project ^^! I intend to get it myself sometime, I'm not exactly sure when that will be though.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#3 Post by VenusEclipse »

Thank you very much.
Glad to hear you're interested. ^_^

nijikomori

#4 Post by nijikomori »

Congratulations on your release! :D

I'm a big fan of Heartstring Bugs and Frozen Essence, so I definitely want to try your newest game too! Is it possible for you to put this game on Steam? Since I don't have a PayPal account nor a credit card, I can only buy games through Steam. :(

Anyway, I hope many people buy this game so you can start making a new one! XD

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#5 Post by VenusEclipse »

@nijikomori: I plan to go on Steam Greenlight as soon as things feel less hectic for me. Whether it gets on or not depends on the community, of course!

Other than Paypal and credit cards, there is an Amazon checkout option.

Thanks for your interest. :D

Moon20
Regular

#6 Post by Moon20 »

Gongrats for your first commercial game and I would really love to try this game but since I cant buy this game, so would I not be able to play this game and that its very sad since this game look fantastic out.
So I have question for you.

Have you plans to make contest in near future? where we can win copy of this game.

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#7 Post by Laniessa »

Ah man, I really want to play it but my link is in Gmail and China doesn't like Google, which is where I'm at now. Nevertheless, congrats on the release! Looking forward to playing it.

Kyminara
Regular

#8 Post by Kyminara »

Congratulations on your new game. It looks great!

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#9 Post by VenusEclipse »

Updates:
1.)I've changed the story description to be more simple. I used the old one for so long and it needed an update. And someone said the old one was harder to get into. (Thanks to Dcrab whom I can't PM due to you having 0 posts[?])

2.)I've updated the demo and the full VN to v1.2
The full changelog is here
In summary, I refined some CGs, fixed bugs, and removed 1.5k repeated words/dialogue from the prologue and chapter 1.

@Laniessa and Kyminara: Thanks a ton. ^_^

@Moon: I may hold some contests in the future. I'm not sure what kind yet. If you participated in some, maybe you can give me some suggestions here or through PM. :mrgreen:

Leafwing
Projects: (only plot bunnies for now)
Tumblr: letherealism

#10 Post by Leafwing »

This is great news! I've been a fan of yours ever since I played Frozen Essence--which still remains one of my favorite otomes ever, because all the characters had unique personalities and interesting storylines. (My favorite guys would have to be Aurelius and You-Know-Hoodie.) Will try out the demo before making a choice, cause while I like purchasing, I'm still hurting from a recent splurge of Xmas gift shopping to indulge myself just yet. I'm sure it'll be great though, and I'm already eyeing some new guys to fav. (Cyraen, Kione, I'm looking at you!)

Just a question, do you have a recommended order for players to finish the storylines by? I know I enjoyed Frozen Essence a lot more when I saved You-Know-Hoodie for last, I don't know if you have some similar setup for Princess of Ruin as well?

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#11 Post by VenusEclipse »

Let's see...I made it so you can play it in any order. ^_^

In terms of piecing together hints from the other routes more easily and making it more rewarding...

First: Xallaun, Zhel or Kione
Middle: Ralys (I'm not sure if I'd place him in the middle or last).
Last: Cyraen and Alexander

Edit: The branching and setup is similar to Frozen Essence but expands on it.
In my previous VN, you land on their path, and then get a dark ending or a light ending.

In this one, you land on their path, then land on a dark or light route. Then you either get a 'good ending' or a 'dark ending'.
In total, there are four endings per guy. 24 unique endings total (this excludes bad endings.)

Let's see, like if you end up going through their dark route, you may get an ending where you're lost in darkness or are saved. So it's something like that.

Ladyhawke

#12 Post by Ladyhawke »

Hi. I'm new to these forums. I don't usually sign up for accounts like these. I mainly just stay in the background, read topics, and download games that look interesting.

I created this account specifically to praise this game 'Princess of Ruin', and 'Frozen Essence'.

I downloaded 'Frozen Essence', and was really impressed. It gave all the 'feels' I like in my VNs. It was a nice chunk of time to complete all routes and CGs too. The fact that the title is free is very generous.

So I found the demo for 'Princess of Ruin', and downloaded that. I was shocked at how long the demo was. I kept thinking that I got the whole game by mistake.

Anyways, great job hooking me with it! I bought the full version right when the demo ended, and have been playing virtually non-stop. I have 2.5 full guy's routes left to complete, and have put sooo many hours into the game so far. Every second enjoyable.

Each route is so different and detailed. I can't even begin to express my appreciation for the writing. It's just wonderful. The music is beautiful. *sigh* The guys are yummy :oops: . Very addicting to play. I would've paid twice as much for this easily. 300k+ words and 24 unique endings....I don't know where/when I'm gonna find that kind of story variety again.

Have to milk these last 20ish hours so I don't have some kinda breakdown. :shock:

So, to the developer: Thank you, and please don't ever stop. I look forward to your next work of art.

-Ladyhawke

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#13 Post by VenusEclipse »

For those who asked for contests, I'm holding one right now on Facebook where you can win a copy. It'll end on January 27th.

@Ladyhawke: I'm glad you decided to sign up and leave a post. I'm happy to hear you're having fun! :D
I'm curious to know which path you like the best but then you still have a few more routes to go. XD

LadyAvori
Regular

#14 Post by LadyAvori »

Congrats on your first Commercial release. I'll be leaving my tribute as soon as I acquire it.

Ladyhawke

#15 Post by Ladyhawke »

@VenusEclipse: Each of the guy's backgrounds were so interesting to me. When I play these types of games, I really immerse myself into each route fully. So I usually get pretty attached. The way you worked up to all their endings was very satisfying.

But yes, one did stick with me more than the rest. In fact...even while playing through all the others, I kept wanting to interact with him!

Spoiler Incoming!:
Xallaun....Crimson path in particular, then White Kingdom. But I liked all his really.

I found throughout the game that I actually enjoyed the dark paths the most. Where I ended up ruling with them in their supreme forms, even if we lost a bit of ourselves in the process (in some routes). The CGs and battles for those endings were much more rewarding in my opinion also. Just writing about it makes me want to play it again! :shock:

Thank you again for the wonderful experience.

-Ladyhawke