Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#61 Post by Laera-chan »

shieru26 wrote:is it a trick? if we ask for her wish .. it would also surely grant us the ' bad' ending?
Yes. If you ask for a wish, you get 'cursed', and it leads to the bad end. At least, according to the tips and tricks file.

BTW, I LOVE this game. It's so cute! I'm torn between all the different guys so...
The good end has my vote! Seriously, I loved the fact that you're not only 'wild' but you try to jump out the damn window
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maharet

#62 Post by Maharet »

I've tried this game and I couldn't resist the urge of leaving my thoughts about it. I want to be as much honest as I can, so I'll probably write a lot.

I personally loved this game and played it a lot, and I'd probably replay it again even though I have seen all the endings already. I liked the story and the characters very much, but I'll get more into it later.

I want to start off with the few things that I didn't like. Mind that this is my personal opinion, and this didn't really spoil the game that much for me, I just want to let you know it to give an honest feedback.
I found the story progression a bit slow, in a way. The events were all interesting and important, but I thought that there was a bit too much time between them, with days where nothing was happening at all. While this was necessary and, in a way, believable (it's not like you get to be in trouble every single day of your life) this bored me a bit, making me go through a lot of days as fast as I could to go on with the story.
I was a bit disappointed in finding out that
there were no additional lines connected to the various relationships in the true ending, especially if your "special someone" is on the other side of the portal.
But I can definetely live with that.
I found some typos and some minor glitches, but they weren't that bad. It can happen, so as long as the story is understandable and the game is playable, it's fine.

Now, for the good things. The story was amazing, I found it quite original and well-written, I honestly wanted to know how it was going to develop, and I was even a bit sad about the turn of the events in the end. The three different endings all left a mark in me (maybe the bad ending is the one that I liked less, but hey, it's the "bad" ending for a reason, right?) and I found the true ending to be fitting.
I have never been a fan of perfectly good endings, so the fact that in the end Sonnya doesn't get to stay with her friends (and based on the choices, maybe her lover) is a good compromise, especially because it is coherent with the flow of the game.
As for the characters, I loved all of them, they're very well characterized and have interesting backstories, not only the love interests and the "main" friends, but also the other characters. Malkav is probably one of my favourites, I really loved the scenes where you get to know her a bit more. I would probably tell more about the others if a CERTAIN SOMEONE *cough*Ish*cough* didn't steal my heart after two minutes I met him. Really, what were you thinking when you wrote his character?
Sonnya is a good main character, in my opinion. Considering the base of the game, where the choices you make determine your morals, she is characterized in a way that there aren't any options that may seem forced on her character, but still, she doesn't give that feel of a mere puppet in the player's hands.

The CGs were absolutely breathtaking. I'm not an expert on this kind of things, but I liked them a lot, if this game had a gallery it would have been perfect. The character designs were really well-made and fitting (on a side note: having a brother like Milo should be illegal somewhere!) as well as the maps and the Freaks' designs.

I really dig the skill raising system, it wasn't ridiculously hard and it really meant something, since you needed the skills to do some quests or interact with some characters. The morals system is great, I've always been a fan of games that in some way take into account your choices and eventually make you pay the price for them. The time-based events made me plan my actions wisely, instead of trying and spam the same actions over and over. It's also good that you can keep track on your relationships with the other characters, I always used that function! I would've added more side-quests, but I guess that it may be difficult for others to accomplish everything, but I really liked them.

I really hope there's going to be a sequel someday, especially after what it's said in the true ending. I'd play it without hesitation, and I wouldn't mind to see some old faces among new ones, however, this game itself is great, very well-made and interesting.

I wrote so much, and I'm sure I even forgot something. I really wanted to make you understand how much I appreciated your work :3

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#63 Post by Xerofit51 »

Maharet wrote:I've tried this game and I couldn't resist the urge of leaving my thoughts about it. I want to be as much honest as I can, so I'll probably write a lot.

I personally loved this game and played it a lot, and I'd probably replay it again even though I have seen all the endings already. I liked the story and the characters very much, but I'll get more into it later.

I want to start off with the few things that I didn't like. Mind that this is my personal opinion, and this didn't really spoil the game that much for me, I just want to let you know it to give an honest feedback.
I found the story progression a bit slow, in a way. The events were all interesting and important, but I thought that there was a bit too much time between them, with days where nothing was happening at all. While this was necessary and, in a way, believable (it's not like you get to be in trouble every single day of your life) this bored me a bit, making me go through a lot of days as fast as I could to go on with the story.
I was a bit disappointed in finding out that
there were no additional lines connected to the various relationships in the true ending, especially if your "special someone" is on the other side of the portal.
But I can definetely live with that.
I found some typos and some minor glitches, but they weren't that bad. It can happen, so as long as the story is understandable and the game is playable, it's fine.

Now, for the good things. The story was amazing, I found it quite original and well-written, I honestly wanted to know how it was going to develop, and I was even a bit sad about the turn of the events in the end. The three different endings all left a mark in me (maybe the bad ending is the one that I liked less, but hey, it's the "bad" ending for a reason, right?) and I found the true ending to be fitting.
I have never been a fan of perfectly good endings, so the fact that in the end Sonnya doesn't get to stay with her friends (and based on the choices, maybe her lover) is a good compromise, especially because it is coherent with the flow of the game.
As for the characters, I loved all of them, they're very well characterized and have interesting backstories, not only the love interests and the "main" friends, but also the other characters. Malkav is probably one of my favourites, I really loved the scenes where you get to know her a bit more. I would probably tell more about the others if a CERTAIN SOMEONE *cough*Ish*cough* didn't steal my heart after two minutes I met him. Really, what were you thinking when you wrote his character?
Sonnya is a good main character, in my opinion. Considering the base of the game, where the choices you make determine your morals, she is characterized in a way that there aren't any options that may seem forced on her character, but still, she doesn't give that feel of a mere puppet in the player's hands.

The CGs were absolutely breathtaking. I'm not an expert on this kind of things, but I liked them a lot, if this game had a gallery it would have been perfect. The character designs were really well-made and fitting (on a side note: having a brother like Milo should be illegal somewhere!) as well as the maps and the Freaks' designs.

I really dig the skill raising system, it wasn't ridiculously hard and it really meant something, since you needed the skills to do some quests or interact with some characters. The morals system is great, I've always been a fan of games that in some way take into account your choices and eventually make you pay the price for them. The time-based events made me plan my actions wisely, instead of trying and spam the same actions over and over. It's also good that you can keep track on your relationships with the other characters, I always used that function! I would've added more side-quests, but I guess that it may be difficult for others to accomplish everything, but I really liked them.

I really hope there's going to be a sequel someday, especially after what it's said in the true ending. I'd play it without hesitation, and I wouldn't mind to see some old faces among new ones, however, this game itself is great, very well-made and interesting.

I wrote so much, and I'm sure I even forgot something. I really wanted to make you understand how much I appreciated your work :3
Thank you 4 playing my game, and I also loved ur honest feedback it reminded me why I love making games and stories. I agreed, I made the game too long and not as event full as I wished but hey I didn't have the strength too code that much (I am only one person lol) I should recruit people 4 my next game sigh :'). I will definitely make a sequel although not as direct but I hope u like it. If my game hits 5000 downloads I'll even make a blog about it (Since I don't think I'll be using ren'py so I don't think posting it on this forum would be appropriate) Anyway thanks a lot guys

Akihiko Takeshi
Projects: 4Friends

#64 Post by Akihiko Takeshi »

Oh god! This game is sooo cooooll! I love it! Eventhough im a boy hahah...well igot bad ending for the first try hahah...I hope that you will make it even more interesting!

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#65 Post by Akitsuki »

Akira Tsubakiya wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:AAAAAAA This game is just awesome!! I only got two endings out of three though. I mean, I couldn't get the 5th bachelor to like me ;___; What do I do?? Is it because of the choices? Because I already maxed the other bachelors' love and the mustache guy still won't ask me about the cheating thing. Did I do something wrong before?
Did you click on him before? When he said would you love four guys? Something like that.
Xerofit51 wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:AAAAAAA This game is just awesome!! I only got two endings out of three though. I mean, I couldn't get the 5th bachelor to like me ;___; What do I do?? Is it because of the choices? Because I already maxed the other bachelors' love and the mustache guy still won't ask me about the cheating thing. Did I do something wrong before?
The 5th bachelor? Maybe the choices or maybe you should spend more time with him more (only on Sundays, click on the laptop after triggering his first event in May, bravery must be "Normal" or above). You have trigger his first event though right? At the arcade in May?

The mustache guy...He would automatically ask you if you ask him. But you can only answer his question once. Perhaps you have accidentally answered his question be4?
Yeah, I did click on him though. So I shouldn't click him before I get the 5 bachelors to like me??
Wow I kinda missed the whole laptop clicking thing. I thought I just need to go to the arcade directly to spend my time with him.
Okay, thanks for the answers! They help a lot!

DanzSeicchi
Tumblr: danzseicchi
Deviantart: danzseicchi

#66 Post by DanzSeicchi »

Hello. I love playing this game :D but why don't I have the 'Note' button below the 'status' button? Please help. I can't see the meter :(

Xerofit51
Veteran

#67 Post by Xerofit51 »

DanzSeicchi wrote:Hello. I love playing this game :D but why don't I have the 'Note' button below the 'status' button? Please help. I can't see the meter :(
Have you talked to malkav yet? She is on the tree next to the seesaw in the park

Kagura
Regular

#68 Post by Kagura »

Hai~ I caught a bug.. for me ; ~ ;
So like when it was break time and when I was in the 2nd Floor Hallway,
it always freezes mid-way while I was observing stuffs. :v Idk why ; - ;
Please halp :C

I love the game so far <3

Edit: It also made my other programs run slower after its non-stop "Non Responding" ; w ;
But after a few minutes later, it's kindof back to normal ' 3'

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

Xerofit51
Veteran

#69 Post by Xerofit51 »

Kagura wrote:Hai~ I caught a bug.. for me ; ~ ;
So like when it was break time and when I was in the 2nd Floor Hallway,
it always freezes mid-way while I was observing stuffs. :v Idk why ; - ;
Please halp :C

I love the game so far <3

Edit: It also made my other programs run slower after its non-stop "Non Responding" ; w ;
But after a few minutes later, it's kindof back to normal ' 3'
If u have an older computer and choose yes when asked "is ur computer strong enough?" That may be the issue. U can fix it by changing the setting to Low by clicking on the tv in ur (Sonnya's) room

Kagura
Regular

#70 Post by Kagura »

Oh. ' v' It didn't work at first but nvm. Ty c: ANYWAY, still love da story ; v ;
if there was a Jackal ending damnnn ima come for dat boo- i mean c; amazin.

This though xD http://puu.sh/e8Vdp/e7286030fe.jpg LEL c:
also if you max all bachelors (dating them, including Jackal) and answered 'will cheat' when the mustache man asked you,
you will get a special event during Sonnya's bday (my favorite event actually)

i read that and i wanted to know what happened ; _ ;
WAT HAPPENED? QQ

Kagura
Regular

#71 Post by Kagura »

Aaaaah~! The game was really fantastic, I have to admit.
I really like these kinds of game that has these twists c:
It's just like the twist is what makes it more exciting to play.

Actually, when I first saw this I was like, "Oh damn! This game looks amazing~!" but then I stood corrected, it was more than amazing doe! Seriously, I played this before but I msotly forgot about it, damn. My memory sucks. I'm sorry xD

I tried so hard to get to the Good Ending. Technically, I only got Bad and True. Gawd. The true was my favorite though.

Your art was really amazing, and you should probably add a CG Gallery! Man, it'll be so cool~!
Add more fights aswell c; It would be awesome to see it!

There were some typos and glitches, but I didn't encounter glitches that much since I finished playing when you actually fixed them. The typos aren't that much of a problem since it's understandable, really. And you should totally add more voices!! I love it~ I can participate in it if you want! I really want to since I've always wanted to voice a story. It just seems like you're in the story aswell~!!
Oh. I think I got too far there. xDD

Anyway, like I was saying the story was really breath taking~!
I hope you'd make a Part 2 of this one! Seriously, please? xDD There would be so many players that would want it aswell!
I would like to help and participate aswell ; v ; I really doubt this since like qqqqq Idk!! But it's just so awesome.

Congrats on the release btw, I really really really loved this game~!
I just guess I'm the type of that girl who would go crazy over some fictional stuffs.
xDD It's really awesome though, really! Make part 2~~~

Your hard work was all worth it!! It was really amazing ;v;
I appreciate it so muchhhhh QQ Working on these stuffs must be a real pain~!

I think I got too talkative.. But ohwell! :D

Still hoping for some individual endings > v> (Y'kno what I mean :3)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#72 Post by Xerofit51 »

Kagura wrote:Oh. ' v' It didn't work at first but nvm. Ty c: ANYWAY, still love da story ; v ;
if there was a Jackal ending damnnn ima come for dat boo- i mean c; amazin.

This though xD http://puu.sh/e8Vdp/e7286030fe.jpg LEL c:
also if you max all bachelors (dating them, including Jackal) and answered 'will cheat' when the mustache man asked you,
you will get a special event during Sonnya's bday (my favorite event actually)

i read that and i wanted to know what happened ; _ ;
WAT HAPPENED? QQ
Haha thank you 4 liking my game, well if u r interested in seeing what happens I can always make a video about it. N I'd be very happy if u r willing to voice act if I have the time to make another game thks again!

n0tgin
Regular

#73 Post by n0tgin »

Wow... I love it!
Especially the character designs, but the writing was highly enjoyable too. My favourites were David and Zed but Malkav was also a very... nice character. A great first game! :D

FruitSeller

#74 Post by FruitSeller »

Wooooo.
I spent the entirety of yesterday's evening playing this - and let me tell you! It was extremely fun and well coded, I achieved the True Ending on my first play. Kai and Jackal were naturally my favorites, so I really did like the True Ending.

I did notice some spelling/grammatical errors but it didn't actually subtract from the fun I had when playing the game. However, I find that the last portion of the game is a bit of a slog because by say, July or whatever, I had all my stats maxed out. I was confused for a while - but I still enjoyed the game very much! It's very engrossing and a world that I would love to delve myself into. :D

GrizelyBear
Regular

#75 Post by GrizelyBear »

This game has easily become one of my favorites. owo I've always loved the Persona series, and I liked how this game is reminiscent of that. The characters had their own quirks and interesting back stories,
and Crystal's story even made me a bit sad. ;w;
Since I'm a huge otome fan, I was a bit sad that there's no variation with regards to who you kind-of romanced in the game in the true ending, but it's okay since it fit the flow of the story. If anything, I loved that ending the most.

Oh, and I absolutely loved the humor! :> I really, really love comedy and, at the good ending, I found myself laughing out loud. XD

There's just one bug I found though: you can get the blue pendant twice, apparently. owo You might want to check on that~

Anyway, overall, thank you very much for an amazing game! :>