Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#166 Post by Xerofit51 »

Laera-chan wrote:So I have a question. In that list of CG's you posted, the first one is of
an adult Jackal kissing Sonya
. Just how in the seven hells do I get that one?! I have the one of
his kid form kissing her, but even saying that she likes the adult form better doesn't get me that CG. :(

Is it no longer in the game, or do I have to select certain choices to get it?

BTW, downloading Amplitude's demo- so can't wait to try it out FKDSMLMFAJ!!!!! :D :D :D
It's still in the game.
To get ..."that" simply choose the cover eyes option during Jackal's park scene.

Haha hope you enjoy the demo. Tell me what u think about it if you have the time ;)

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#167 Post by Laera-chan »

I finally got it! Woot! Adult Jackal is sexy //bricked Kid!Jackal is adorable though! :lol: :lol:

As for Amplitude...

HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYTHING SWEET AND GOOD!!!!!! ALKDFJAO~~! I WANT MOOOOAR!!! //begs shamelessly

It's not seriously gonna take another year or two is it? :cry: :cry:

Okay, so now that that's out of my system... I've only played Eve's routes so far (as Katy first, and then Jon- on Felix's part. Need to go back through for Eric) and will get to Adam's routes in a bit. I have to admit...
I loved Katy's reaction to Eve having a bath. "Just where do you think you're touching?!" Ahahaha!! And Jon's not much better. :lol:
Can't wait to try Adam's version of those scenes. :twisted: 8) :lol:

On a more serious note, I did notice some errors in spelling/grammar, but I'd have to go back and play through everything again to let you know about everything. I'd be willing to offer my services as an English speaking/writing proof-reader, if you'd like. Is totally NOT just trying to find a way to play the game sooner :lol: Seriously though. If you'd like, and you don't have to take me up on it, I'd be willing to proof-read the game for free. Just let me know if you'd be interested, or if you already have someone lined up to do that for you.

Can't wait for the full game~! :mrgreen:

Xerofit51
Veteran

#168 Post by Xerofit51 »

Laera-chan wrote:I finally got it! Woot! Adult Jackal is sexy //bricked Kid!Jackal is adorable though! :lol: :lol:

As for Amplitude...

HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYTHING SWEET AND GOOD!!!!!! ALKDFJAO~~! I WANT MOOOOAR!!! //begs shamelessly

It's not seriously gonna take another year or two is it? :cry: :cry:

Okay, so now that that's out of my system... I've only played Eve's routes so far (as Katy first, and then Jon- on Felix's part. Need to go back through for Eric) and will get to Adam's routes in a bit. I have to admit...
I loved Katy's reaction to Eve having a bath. "Just where do you think you're touching?!" Ahahaha!! And Jon's not much better. :lol:
Can't wait to try Adam's version of those scenes. :twisted: 8) :lol:

On a more serious note, I did notice some errors in spelling/grammar, but I'd have to go back and play through everything again to let you know about everything. I'd be willing to offer my services as an English speaking/writing proof-reader, if you'd like. Is totally NOT just trying to find a way to play the game sooner :lol: Seriously though. If you'd like, and you don't have to take me up on it, I'd be willing to proof-read the game for free. Just let me know if you'd be interested, or if you already have someone lined up to do that for you.

Can't wait for the full game~! :mrgreen:
Haha I;m glad u liked it.
I still think it will need minimum a year if I don't get funded. Technically 3-6 months since that's how long I usually work per Visual Novels. Freak-quency took 2.5 months work time but 1 year real-time because of college (I only can work on my end of semester holiday which is 3 months)

So yeah, in reality I probably only need a maximum 6 months of work time, if I work with what I got now. If I had some help especially full time artist and coders I could probably get it done under a year maybe even 4-5 months. That will take more funds though

Another option is you know, you guys pay me $3000 US Dollars to pay sakon and my college break fee (Yes, You need to pay to take time off college, apparently) and you know we could do it like in 6 months done on our own. Although considering it's our 3rd year of college, it's a pretty risky deal for us, so yeah that's why we don't put that option in the funding stretch goals.

(Except if somehow the funding exceeds $50.000, which is impossible in my opinion. I know my game is not that good )

Anyway here's a draft of our IndieGogo Page if you guys r confused with what I'm talking about (Sorry :oops: )
http://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/98106085

tahubeku

#169 Post by tahubeku »

I registered and leave comment for the first time on this site for only saying this:
Your work is really great and enjoyable (plus hey, I'm Indonesian and a big fan of P3P too! :D )
So hard to get FREE great otome game these days haha.

I'm looking forward to your next project!
Thanks for your hardwork for this game!

Snatsch
Projects: Sweet and Spices (bg artist)
Tumblr: brumbrum-girl
Github: Snatsch

#170 Post by Snatsch »

I overall liked the game. The artwork is amazing, the story was nice and funny to read and I must say that the gameplay did fit the whole thing pretty well. On the other side I would have enjoyed it, if the main story would have developed a little bit faster since there were times within nothing went on except the daily life routine and the side stories (but that's just my opinion and I think that a lot of people like it better the way it is now).

Nevertheless I was freaking impressed because this game was really amazing and I'm waiting impatiently but also understanding for the sequel and I wish you a lot of fun creating it :3.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#171 Post by Xerofit51 »

Snatsch wrote:I overall liked the game. The artwork is amazing, the story was nice and funny to read and I must say that the gameplay did fit the whole thing pretty well. On the other side I would have enjoyed it, if the main story would have developed a little bit faster since there were times within nothing went on except the daily life routine and the side stories (but that's just my opinion and I think that a lot of people like it better the way it is now).

Nevertheless I was freaking impressed because this game was really amazing and I'm waiting impatiently but also understanding for the sequel and I wish you a lot of fun creating it :3.
Great to hear! Thx 4 playing Freak-quency !
Here's the demo of the indirect sequel http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

Virelai
Regular

#172 Post by Virelai »

I'm going to be completely and frankly honest, (I'm a little late to this party LOL)
I honestly dislike stat-raising games.
IT'S SO STRESSFUL IT GIVES ME STONES IN MY BLADDER.

BUT. BUT.
This game has changed my mind, it is the only last chance and exception to all stat-raising games.

It's engaging, and it's not repetitive unlike some stat-raising games. A lot of the times, I've realized that stat-raising involves a lot of repetitive choices to make, and it's really cliche and after a while it becomes really dull.

This has not become dull.
So you did an 11/10 job with this ^-^

mydog8mymind

#173 Post by mydog8mymind »

Hey I just wanted to let you know that chrome blocked me from downloading the file but I used internet explorer and it worked fine.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#174 Post by Xerofit51 »

mydog8mymind wrote:Hey I just wanted to let you know that chrome blocked me from downloading the file but I used internet explorer and it worked fine.
Really? Hmm first time anyone reported that. Thank u, I'll look into that. Sorry for ur inconvenience

Xerofit51
Veteran

#175 Post by Xerofit51 »

Here's the Indiegogo link for my other game Amplitude, the indirect continuation of freak-quency
AMPLITUDE now on Indiegogo!!
We started a funding campaign at Inidiegogo
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ampl ... x/12014030#/
Please help us realize our dreams! Every little donation or share counts!!
| What Is Amplitude?? |
Amplitude is a story-centric visual novel, telling a tale entwined with mystery, suspense, and sarcasm. It is an indirect sequel to 'Freak-Quency', another well-received visual novel developed by the same creators.
GAMEPLAY:
There are some features that are a bit unique for a visual novel though.
- Play as a girl, a boy, a girl in a guy's body or vice versa!
- Stat-raising!
- Point and Click Map!
- Quests, Texting and Crafting!
- Romance
There will be around over 20 characters so far (will be revealed gradually)
You can view other characters currently listed here:
Forum: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=30104
Campaign End: Mar 1, 2016. $1,000 USD as first goal, Flexible Funding
Help us to make our game happen! >////////<
Please support us and share this with your friend grin emoticon
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DEMO IS AVAILABLE. Are you ready to play?
Genre: Sci-fi, drama, mystery, stat raising, GXB, BXG
http://bit.ly/1OgLzlG

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#176 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Is there like, a detailed walktrough for it? The hint guide wasn't helpful (well, to me at least).

Xerofit51
Veteran

#177 Post by Xerofit51 »

sakurakimuchi wrote:Is there like, a detailed walktrough for it? The hint guide wasn't helpful (well, to me at least).
There are hints that other people post about freak-quency, but you'd have to search it up on google. Or u can ask me directly via PM or comments. I won't mind

sakurakimuchi
Regular

#178 Post by sakurakimuchi »

Well, I managed to find my way around even without another walkthrough. In fact, some endings might be a little trickier to get, but other than that a step by step walkthrough is not necessary, I guess. But anyway...

Loved the game! The plot is fantastic, you could write a novel out of it, you know? The whole idea of Freak-Quency, the game, the freaks and everything it's truly amazing, honestly. And one of the things that I like the most in otome games is when people mix the fluff of otome with mystery, so yeah, I loved it! And the mystery in the game was a pretty good one too, I bet no one could figure it out! I was really surprised.
I liked pretty much all of the characters and it's really, like really hard to pick a single favorite guy because I can't choose between Kai and
Ish.
Kai is just so caring it's impossible not to fall for him. Plus, he's usually the type of guy that I go for in otome games.
While Ish is just so funny, sweet and loveable! That's why it's impossible for me to choose; But my favorite CG in the game is the ''water dessert'' in Kai's route, it's sweet yet funny, and I like it :P
As for the girls, Crystal just rocks! She is hands down the best. Miru on the other hand is just annoying. Please, please don't get me wrong for saying that, but I really didn't like her,
and it's not just because I was pursuing Kai and she was like, crushing on him every time he appeared, but that was annoying as hell too
and then THAT happened
when she slapped Sonnya after the first fight I just wanted to murder that little bitch. Forgive me for saying that, really, but I hated her so bad that when she lost her voice I didn't even felt sorry for her.
But don't mind me, you can't really please everyone with the characters, right? Other than that, Sonnya is a great main character!
I feel like when people create a main character they usually make an awfully bland, shy and dull player character, or a tomboyish, agressive, weird one which is just too much for me. Sonnya is not like that, she is interesting and I really liked her as well as her design, but honestly, the art is just amazing; All the CGs were pretty good I just wish there were more of them! :P
As for the endings, I haven't tried the bad ending because I usually don't go for the bad endings, even if there's an awesome CG or anything, but this time I might go for it just because story is amazing and the other endings were good.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#179 Post by Xerofit51 »

sakurakimuchi wrote:Well, I managed to find my way around even without another walkthrough. In fact, some endings might be a little trickier to get, but other than that a step by step walkthrough is not necessary, I guess. But anyway...

Loved the game! The plot is fantastic, you could write a novel out of it, you know? The whole idea of Freak-Quency, the game, the freaks and everything it's truly amazing, honestly. And one of the things that I like the most in otome games is when people mix the fluff of otome with mystery, so yeah, I loved it! And the mystery in the game was a pretty good one too, I bet no one could figure it out! I was really surprised.
I liked pretty much all of the characters and it's really, like really hard to pick a single favorite guy because I can't choose between Kai and
Ish.
Kai is just so caring it's impossible not to fall for him. Plus, he's usually the type of guy that I go for in otome games.
While Ish is just so funny, sweet and loveable! That's why it's impossible for me to choose; But my favorite CG in the game is the ''water dessert'' in Kai's route, it's sweet yet funny, and I like it :P
As for the girls, Crystal just rocks! She is hands down the best. Miru on the other hand is just annoying. Please, please don't get me wrong for saying that, but I really didn't like her,
and it's not just because I was pursuing Kai and she was like, crushing on him every time he appeared, but that was annoying as hell too
and then THAT happened
when she slapped Sonnya after the first fight I just wanted to murder that little bitch. Forgive me for saying that, really, but I hated her so bad that when she lost her voice I didn't even felt sorry for her.
But don't mind me, you can't really please everyone with the characters, right? Other than that, Sonnya is a great main character!
I feel like when people create a main character they usually make an awfully bland, shy and dull player character, or a tomboyish, agressive, weird one which is just too much for me. Sonnya is not like that, she is interesting and I really liked her as well as her design, but honestly, the art is just amazing; All the CGs were pretty good I just wish there were more of them! :P
As for the endings, I haven't tried the bad ending because I usually don't go for the bad endings, even if there's an awesome CG or anything, but this time I might go for it just because story is amazing and the other endings were good.
Aww thanks a lot! Don't forget to check out Amplitude, the indirect continuation! You might dislike Miru more since you like
Ish
though!

soraibi
Regular

#180 Post by soraibi »

So I just marathoned this game...took me 10 hours. I got the true ending in my first try!!! Awesome songs and system! I really liked the idea of the maps and helping characters along the way. Also, that "Moral" bit was pretty cool as well! Some how the stat raising gets a bit tedious, but it was alright! Also, that plot twist at the end tho....it was kind of cliche, but it was done well--I wanted that to happen! Great work people!!

On another note, I think I'm going to join the Kai fan club now :lol: And I'll also be checking out the sequel-ish.