Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#31 Post by Xerofit51 »

icebluehost wrote:
Again, I would like to apologize to Xerofit51 if my saying it's a copy/replica has offended or hurt you. I enjoyed your game, despite everything I said. I love the music, I love the art, and I love the characters. And at the end of the day, it is your work and you were able to complete it, which not a lot of people can say for themselves (like me). You're awesome.

Also, I finally got the good ending! I missed Kai's last event cause during that particular playthrough I didn't get the time to max the 5th love interest's events and chose him over Kai. That's how I missed that ending.

But I wanted to find out who Malkav is!! Also I'm curious about
who Suzanne's son is
. It felt like you were trying to hint at something there, though I'm not sure about that.

It feels like you're leaving this open for a sequel, but that's just my guess. (Say yes!)
No worries, I was actually happy if people get a persona vibe to my game hahaha :lol: . Erika was being protective thats all she's been sticking to my game since the WIPs so i get it, but no worries though Erika it didn't offended me at alll. I found it a compliment actually.

And yes, if this game gets 2000 downloads and 50 good comments i'll make a sequel with rpg maker or renpy again. It's one heck of a coding though since I decided 4 u to be able to choose the gender of your soul and your body's soul...so 4 possibilities (a man in a womans body, woman in a womans body,etc) check my comments in the wip page of this game if u r interested :)
malkav is ricks sister :)

akemicchi
Veteran
Projects: Magicians of Delphine, Panaderia: Ensaimada, SweetTooth!, XOXO Droplets
Deviantart: littlebabyshoes

#32 Post by akemicchi »

OOHHHHHHH IT'S OUT
Congratulations!!

I'll let you know how I feel about the game when I complete everything. ^q^ Are there any cheat codes, by the way? >v> Just wondering.

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#33 Post by Godline »

Okay, I've finally played it.
I wish there was more of an epilogue for each particular character you'd maxed out. Jackal was my favorite and the CGs you had with him were really really cute! (I also wish there was a gallery so I could go back and see them).
The storyline was great, but the stat raising was a little too easy (which is WAY better than when it's too hard).
But a big ticket thing: I found about ten errors in the text or so. Did you get it proofread before hand? Because if you did the proofreader did a really bad job! :(

Erikka
Regular

#34 Post by Erikka »

icebluehost wrote:
Erikka wrote:Then the Pesona is an obvious copy/replica of Pockemon! You can always find something similar and you don't know who came up first with the idea. I don't think it's smart to call somebody's project a "copy/replica" because then everyone is copying everyone!
First off, I apologize if my comment sounds offensive. I didn't really mean this in the sense that "because you're doing a copy of this game, it sucks!" I was just pointing out that the game does have a lot of similar themes to the Persona series, which I don't like. Even Xerofit51 herself has mentioned that it was Persona-inspired and that she took a lot of ideas from that game, so no, I don't think that calling this game a copy of Persona is wrong or not smart. It is my opinion, and the creator can take it however she wants to. In fact, she has taken my comment rather well (by not saying anything about it at all), so kudos to her.

Telling someone that their comment/opinion is not smart though, that's another story. You're implying that I was wrong for saying it, and that offends me. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, whether you think it's right or not. For example, I respect your opinion that Pokemon is a copy of Persona, even though I don't agree with it, so I will not give you a spiel of why I think otherwise because this is not about you or me; this is about Freak-Quency.

You could have given Xerofit51 a nice comment on how great her game is instead of forcing your opinions on others.

But I digress.

Again, I would like to apologize to Xerofit51 if my saying it's a copy/replica has offended or hurt you. I enjoyed your game, despite everything I said. I love the music, I love the art, and I love the characters. And at the end of the day, it is your work and you were able to complete it, which not a lot of people can say for themselves (like me). You're awesome.

Also, I finally got the good ending! I missed Kai's last event cause during that particular playthrough I didn't get the time to max the 5th love interest's events and chose him over Kai. That's how I missed that ending.

who Suzanne's son is
. It felt like you were trying to hint at something there, though I'm not sure about that.

It feels like you're leaving this open for a sequel, but that's just my guess. (Say yes!)

Don't worry I've given Xerofit51 enough comments about how great is this game! I'm sure Xerofit51 knows how much I love her creation)
And Pockemon is not a copy of Persona! Persona is an obvious copy of Pocemon! Because Persona 1 came out in Japan September 20th, 1996. Pokemon Red and Green version admittedly were released several months before in that year (February 1996).
But(!) there was also Megami Tensei that was first released in 1987! So it's possible to say that both Pokemon and Persona took lots of ideas from Megami Tensei. Then who copied who?? :lol:
I still think that your comment wasn't smart. If you tried to be not offensive then you failed. You have the right to be entitled to your opinion but it's not nice to use such words as "copy". I don't think any game-maker wants to read that his creation is a copy.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#35 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Bookmarked this first, download it when I have fast connection! OH GOD I''M HYPED :D
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Xerofit51
Veteran

#36 Post by Xerofit51 »

Erikka wrote:
icebluehost wrote:
Erikka wrote:Then the Pesona is an obvious copy/replica of Pockemon! You can always find something similar and you don't know who came up first with the idea. I don't think it's smart to call somebody's project a "copy/replica" because then everyone is copying everyone!
First off, I apologize if my comment sounds offensive. I didn't really mean this in the sense that "because you're doing a copy of this game, it sucks!" I was just pointing out that the game does have a lot of similar themes to the Persona series, which I don't like. Even Xerofit51 herself has mentioned that it was Persona-inspired and that she took a lot of ideas from that game, so no, I don't think that calling this game a copy of Persona is wrong or not smart. It is my opinion, and the creator can take it however she wants to. In fact, she has taken my comment rather well (by not saying anything about it at all), so kudos to her.

Telling someone that their comment/opinion is not smart though, that's another story. You're implying that I was wrong for saying it, and that offends me. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, whether you think it's right or not. For example, I respect your opinion that Pokemon is a copy of Persona, even though I don't agree with it, so I will not give you a spiel of why I think otherwise because this is not about you or me; this is about Freak-Quency.

You could have given Xerofit51 a nice comment on how great her game is instead of forcing your opinions on others.

But I digress.

who Suzanne's son is

Don't worry I've given Xerofit51 enough comments about how great is this game! I'm sure Xerofit51 knows how much I love her creation)
And Pockemon is not a copy of Persona! Persona is an obvious copy of Pocemon! Because Persona 1 came out in Japan September 20th, 1996. Pokemon Red and Green version admittedly were released several months before in that year (February 1996).
But(!) there was also Megami Tensei that was first released in 1987! So it's possible to say that both Pokemon and Persona took lots of ideas from Megami Tensei. Then who copied who?? :lol:
I still think that your comment wasn't smart. If you tried to be not offensive then you failed. You have the right to be entitled to your opinion but it's not nice to use such words as "copy". I don't think any game-maker wants to read that his creation is a copy.
Woah calm down you two let's not get out of topic yeahm I'm happy u both liked my game and respect both of ur opinions but please,let's not turn this into a forum debate shall we? :)

octacon100
Regular
Projects: Regeria Hope
Organization: Golden Game Barn
IRC Nick: Octacon100

#37 Post by octacon100 »

This is really great, it's a very intriguing story, and I'm looking forward to finishing it. The menus are very polished, I liked seeing the animated backgrounds in the right click menu's, along with the way you set up the quest system and moving around the town. It must have been hard to judge how much "skill" each activity does, and I think you balanced it quite well. Really liked the way you included the idea of a phone in most of your menus as well.

There's really a lot in there, and it's all very well done. If you are looking for a proof reader for any future games, let me know, I'd glady have a look.
Current Digital Projects -
Regiera Hope Completed Game Forum Post

Taranee
Regular

#38 Post by Taranee »

I haven't finished playing, but I want to comment. The art and all the creative details in the freaks' designs are really great and I liked the animated backgrounds. I really enjoyed the game until
the masked man invaded the MC's house and I couldn't kick him out no matter what choices I clicked. I found him creepy and dangerous. I couldn't laugh at the scene, because it didn't fit in with the mood of the previous scenes. I think it would be better to remove the choices rather than have meaningless choices. They made me frustrated and I stopped playing.

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#39 Post by Rainbow Colors »

Daaaaamn, I just wished that there were endings for each route. Ish is miiiiiiineeeeee.
At one point, I was internally screaming at the protagonist because I had figured out that Malkav was Rick's sister. Urgh if only there was an option to reveal that. Poor Malkav, yearning for the warmth of family.
When I first played, the room interface reminded me of Persona, rather than the freak thing. Ahaha. It was a great game overall. I first doubted its replayability, because it seemed to be a hassle to go through all of the events just to get a different ending. (Then I found myself willing to replay it multiple times.)
And yes, if this game gets 2000 downloads and 50 good comments i'll make a sequel with rpg maker or renpy again. It's one heck of a coding though since I decided 4 u to be able to choose the gender of your soul and your body's soul...so 4 possibilities (a man in a womans body, woman in a womans body,etc) check my comments in the wip page of this game if u r interested
So I guess I better get to spamming downloads. Jk. I think the play was worthwhile. I'll keep an eye out for your other games.

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#40 Post by Xerofit51 »

Taranee wrote:I haven't finished playing, but I want to comment. The art and all the creative details in the freaks' designs are really great and I liked the animated backgrounds. I really enjoyed the game until
the masked man invaded the MC's house and I couldn't kick him out no matter what choices I clicked. I found him creepy and dangerous. I couldn't laugh at the scene, because it didn't fit in with the mood of the previous scenes. I think it would be better to remove the choices rather than have meaningless choices. They made me frustrated and I stopped playing.
I see, well I do have a weird sense of humor so i understand. Thanks 4 giving it a try though :D

Xerofit51
Veteran

#41 Post by Xerofit51 »

Rainbow Colors wrote:Daaaaamn, I just wished that there were endings for each route. Ish is miiiiiiineeeeee.
At one point, I was internally screaming at the protagonist because I had figured out that Malkav was Rick's sister. Urgh if only there was an option to reveal that. Poor Malkav, yearning for the warmth of family.
When I first played, the room interface reminded me of Persona, rather than the freak thing. Ahaha. It was a great game overall. I first doubted its replayability, because it seemed to be a hassle to go through all of the events just to get a different ending. (Then I found myself willing to replay it multiple times.)
And yes, if this game gets 2000 downloads and 50 good comments i'll make a sequel with rpg maker or renpy again. It's one heck of a coding though since I decided 4 u to be able to choose the gender of your soul and your body's soul...so 4 possibilities (a man in a womans body, woman in a womans body,etc) check my comments in the wip page of this game if u r interested
So I guess I better get to spamming downloads. Jk. I think the play was worthwhile. I'll keep an eye out for your other games.
I didn't have time to make more endings hahaha. Still, thks 4 playing my game. I will do my best at making more games

P.S: I already reached my 2000 downloads yesterday...I am working on the (indirect) continuation as we speak. I decided to use rpg maker though becuzz I bought it so might as well use it

Xerofit51
Veteran

#42 Post by Xerofit51 »

Thanks for 2000 downloads guys (that was quick) and 50 comments (Facebook, emails, deviant art and all) :) am working on (indirect) continuation as we speak. Wether it will be free or not depend on my assets that I use and popularity I guess, meaning if I do end up selling my next game the price will depend on how many people share at tumblr and this game file download. If there are a lot I'll probably sell it for a cheap price or for free. It really depends on my assets and tumblr love really :lol:

Anywho: Fem Main char if I make another game (I have weird taste in shoes)
Katy.jpg

Akuni
Regular

#43 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirlett
Regular

#44 Post by Kirlett »

Hello, I loved this game. I get the True Ending but I can't get the Good Ending :( I think it's because I didn't max Crystal, because all the other relationships were perfect, I couldn't max them more. Where can I find Crystal? I only talked to her when she called me on Sundays, but I can't find her anywhere.

riri_near

#45 Post by riri_near »

I played this someday ago, and then I forgot to comment. So sorry! >< And now for the comment ~~

Congratulation for completing this game, miss Xerofit51! (it's kinda late but yea I still want to say that :D )
I remember seeing the WIP thread for this game (though I didn't comment :oops: ) and am surprised you manage to finish it relatively fast. Actually It's way beyond my expectation, when I saw the WIP thread, I was not that interested. Glad I was wrong.

Love the story so much! I like that every character had an important role in the story.
I never, never thought that Suzanne and Shin would be the 'King and Queen' I thought they were only minor characters and not really contribute much for the actual story

My favorite character was David (please, please, make him obtainable for the sequel!) I myself didn't know why I got so attracted to him. Maybe because I love evil character hahaha. And one thing miss Xerofit51, you have made me an official shotacon, at least in this game.
when Jackal asked Kai to show his true self was so cuuute
And my guess was right!
Malkav is Rin, Luke's ex and Rick's sister

Oh and I like the map during the point-and-click mode, the art is cute!

I got the true ending in my first playthrough, and I was like, Sequel! I want sequel! Arrghhh! (and when I read that you're going to make the sequel, I'm so hyped :lol: ) one question, are you going to implement stat-raising and point-and-click elements on your sequel?
Anyway, Thank you for making this cool game and wish you lots of luck for your next project! :wink:
Gosh, I almost forget, Kai's freak, Belut, is it really an eel? Good naming 8)